Thread: Problems starting Assassin's Creed II on Windows 8 | Forums

Assassin's Creed Unity Make History Trailer [US]

Assassin?s Creed Unity ? Wear the Phantom Blade Replica

Assassin?s Creed Unity Cast of Characters Trailer [US]

Assassin?s Creed Unity Story Trailer [US]

Problems starting Assassin's Creed II on Windows 8

Hi,

I downloaded AC II from Steam yesterday and as yet I have not been able to stat the game. I use Windows 8 home edition.

Every time I double click on the icon on my desktop and then click on 'Play', the following message appears:
    "There was a problem starting your game. Make sure you have no other games running that use the Ubisoft Game Launcher. If the problem persists, try reinstalling the game."

I've reinstalled the game, updated Uplay, deleted my Host files, and still nothing seems to be working. Could anyone suggest what I need to do in order to get the game working?

Thanks.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Hi and welcome to the forums, please have a read here https://support.ubi.com/en-gb/FAQ.as...0000000eSrvCAE pay particular attention to #2

If this doesn't solve the issue then please open a ticket with Technical Support, the link is in my signature.
    Ubisoft Community Manager

Technical Support
    Twitter Support
    Facebook Support

Thanks for the response, Ubi-Mush.

I had already followed the instructions provided in the link you attached, so I've logged a question with Technical Support (after three attempts... "Technical Difficulties").

Hopefully I'll get a response soon. Thanks once again!