Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hacking Abstergo Computers - Necessary? | Forums

Assassin?s Creed Unity Co-Op Gameplay Trailer [US]

Assassin?s Creed Unity Co-op Heist Mission Commented Demo [US]

The Assassin's Creed Experience - Comic-Con Day 3

Assassin?s Creed Unity Arno Master Assassin CG Trailer [US]

Hacking Abstergo Computers - Necessary?

I'm really tired of playing the wannabe Frogger game over and over and over trying to hack a computer. Is there a way to skip the computer hacking requirement or is it even necessary? I just want to get back to being an assassin and not a computer geek. This is really frustrating me and I'm about ready to uninstall AC4 and quit the series all together. Why is there no "skip this" option for those of us who don't want to spend a lot of time trying to get through a particular section?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

You have to hack a few computers in the given sequences, but off the top of my head, it's only a computer, a camera and a server. Everything else is optional. Just go back to your cubicle if John isn't tell you to go hack something.

Thanks MS. I finally made it through the Frogger rip off so hopefully that is all I have to do.

They get worse. I finished them all and I had several "What the hell!" moments.

Also, something I figured out by accident. If your data is in a line and there are no red horizontal lines at the top and bottom of the "road", you can keep riding the line and it will loop around from bottom to top, so if you get to a good spot, let it loop and take a breather, plan your next move out.

I figured that out also and it helps but those little slots in the lines require some pretty precise timing to get the data into and the slightest miscalculation will send you back to the start. It really strains my FTL (frustration tolerance level).

I never won at frogger and I spend at least 45 minutes just to win this kind of game.

Quote Originally Posted by DynaRider View Post
    I'm really tired of playing the wannabe Frogger game over and over and over trying to hack a computer. Is there a way to skip the computer hacking requirement or is it even necessary? I just want to get back to being an assassin and not a computer geek. This is really frustrating me and I'm about ready to uninstall AC4 and quit the series all together. Why is there no "skip this" option for those of us who don't want to spend a lot of time trying to get through a particular section?
    Hey DynaRider,

Sorry about this, but there are gonna be other "Frogger ripoffs", since other computers require the same kind of code-cracking procedure. That, and the other computers are gonna include the sphere puzzle time and time again. If it's really bothering you, here's a list of solutions for all the computers: http://www.gosunoob.com/ac4-black-fl...acked-puzzles/

(P.S. I've already hacked 33/33 computers, but I got nothing to mark the achievement. So as far as I can tell, you don't get anything for doing it. Maybe you need to hack them all and collect all of the sticky notes...?)

Hope this helped!

Thanks BMoattari. So far the sphere and prime numbers haven't posed much of a problem but that danged data transfer from line to line is a real pain. I'll be referring to the data in your link.

They put the Achievement at 15 so you could probably skip all of the ones that have the security sections that you don't like and still get the achievement

I think there are about 4 that are mandatory. One Animus (sphere puzzle), one PC ("frogger" type puzzle), one security camera (number/wave puzzle) and one server room (number/wave puzzle + "frogger" type puzzle). They are the easiest of their kind and should be doable. All others are optional, and as Raz says for the achievement you only need 15.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast