Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is Kenway's Fleet worth it? | Forums

Assassin's Creed Unity Make History Trailer [US]

Assassin?s Creed Unity ? Wear the Phantom Blade Replica

Assassin?s Creed Unity Cast of Characters Trailer [US]

Assassin?s Creed Unity Story Trailer [US]

Is Kenway's Fleet worth it?

So AC4's "send and receive" game mechanic is Kenway's Fleet. Is it worth spending time in this time or is it just as useless as previous games? So far i've sent ships on journey's taking over literally an hour of game time and return with only about 1500R each time. Seems like a waste of effort.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Only way to get the rest of the treasure maps. You also get ship appearance upgrades as well.

I actually enjoy the "Edward's Fleet" stuff! I often use the ship battles as an opportunity to smoke a . . . let's just say cigarette while the ships are fighting it out! It took me a while to figure out what was happening in the fights but now O get it! Must be the "cigarettes"!!

Banned
    The ship battles where you have to reduce the routes' dangers got tedious, wish there was a way to go past them faster with an option to watch the bang-bang animation stuff go ship-by-ship if you wanted to. That kind of took the fun out of it for me and made it seem like more of a chore.

Its worth it in my opinion, also you get better paying trades the farther you progress. I think you,also get a outfit too.

It's well worth it just for the money alone I can make 8000 - 100000 or more every day by just setting up the fleet and then the next day I play it I get the money and I have to do nothing but ship battles, which I've never lost yet. About 15-30 minutes worth of time and I have free money the next day, and you need the money if you want to upgrade the Jackdaw.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankieSatt View Post
    It's well worth it just for the money alone I can make 8000 - 100000 or more every day by just setting up the fleet and then the next day I play it I get the money and I have to do nothing but ship battles, which I've never lost yet. About 15-30 minutes worth of time and I have free money the next day, and you need the money if you want to upgrade the Jackdaw.
    FrankieSatt does make a good point, but you can only make that kind of money if you're a) checking your fleet on the Companion App, or b) staying home and waiting on the ships' return on the console. So if you REALLY want money bad, just play in-game and raid as many man-o-wars as possible, complete some contracts (assassination and naval), and look for treasure/treasure maps. It'll be worth your while, if you choose to wait for your Fleet to return.

(P.S. As some people have noted, sending a man-o-war for Fleet contract is actually much slower as opposed to sending a frigate, which has both speed and sufficient cargo space for most missions. So maximize your payload by sending frigates instead of man-o-wars [unless absolutely necessary]!)

Good Luck!

When I played it on 360, I never used the Fleet except once to try it out. I made maybe 400 Reales. At the end of the game, I had the Jackdaw almost completely upgraded, the hideout completely upgraded and was still sitting on 64,XXX Reales. I enjoyed plundering ships myself far more than the Fleet, though I have yet to try it out on the Companion App, which might make it more worthwhile to play while I'm not at home.

Quote Originally Posted by MnemonicSyntax View Post
    When I played it on 360, I never used the Fleet except once to try it out. I made maybe 400 Reales. At the end of the game, I had the Jackdaw almost completely upgraded, the hideout completely upgraded and was still sitting on 64,XXX Reales. I enjoyed plundering ships myself far more than the Fleet, though I have yet to try it out on the Companion App, which might make it more worthwhile to play while I'm not at home.
    Yeah, using the Companion App near the beginning/end of the game is advisable. However, the app is currently only for tablets, but the developers are working on a smartphone version as well. It will be released in the near future (within the next month or so). So if you can't wait that long (if you don't have a tablet), or you play Black Flag a lot during the day, you can just send out ships while you're gaming, since it's conveniently located in the captain's cabin, and takes no more than a minute to send off.

I would say its essential for upgrading the Jackdoor as its insanely expensive and the fleet is the best means of getting money it takes about a day to cash in but they get you alot of money im trying to get the outfit and the last map now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast