Thread: Punk Buster | Forums

When playing multiplayer on servers with punkbuster it keeps kicking me after about 20 secs saying "Punkbuster init failure". Whats this about cos the fastest servers are the punkbuster ones & I wanna play on them.

When playing multiplayer on servers with punkbuster it keeps kicking me after about 20 secs saying "Punkbuster init failure". Whats this about cos the fastest servers are the punkbuster ones & I wanna play on them.

Iâ´m sad to say itâ´s a matter of PunkBuster beeing a buggy pice of ****. Alot of people have these problems and very few are able to solve them.
    The best you can do is download the latest available updates here http://www.punkbuster.com/index.php?page=dl-farcry.php ,and if that doesnâ´t help you will just have to wait for the people at punkbuster to realise that itâ´s not the players uplinks that suck but their proram.
    The only good thing that can be said about PB is that the few times it works right it does stop some of these pre-teen eggheads that use cheats.

Isnt it also a problem of two different versions running on the servers and our clients?

---------------------------------------
    AMD XP3000+
    ASUS A7N8X Deluxe 2.0
    1024MB Golden Dragon PC3200
    Radeon 9800Pro (VGA Silencer)
    17" EIZO L557
    17" LG CRT
    Thermaltake XaserIII Alu

As far as i know that is only a problem if servers and clients are not keept updated.On our clan server everything is updated and all of our guys have updated their clients accordingly but this piece of **** program is still kicking them out left and right.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by no_1_dave:
    When playing multiplayer on servers with punkbuster it keeps kicking me after about 20 secs saying "Punkbuster init failure". Whats this about cos the fastest servers are the punkbuster ones & I wanna play on them. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

go to my webite there is fix thanx to firing blanks

slayersofadmin
    http://sof.afraid.org

yeah, i got kicked once for "name stealing"
    HUH?!?!?!?!