Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can't Upgrade the Jackdaw | Forums

Assassin's Creed Unity Make History Trailer [US]

Assassin?s Creed Unity ? Wear the Phantom Blade Replica

Assassin?s Creed Unity Cast of Characters Trailer [US]

Assassin?s Creed Unity Story Trailer [US]

Can't Upgrade the Jackdaw

I'm 5-6 hours into the game and have left Havana and I still have no ability to upgrade my ship. It tells me I can do it at Harbourmasters or in the Captains Quarters on the ship but when I go to them on the islands (or in Havana) they say "I only deal with Ship Captains" and I have no ability to get below deck on the Jackdaw.

Am I missing the obvious somewhere?

I'm playing on PS3.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Hi,

Depending how far into the story you are - depends on what you can do.

you should be asked as part of the main story - to upgrade the hull at a certain point, which will also allow you into the Captains Cabin - sounds like you have to complete more of the story!

Quote Originally Posted by AngryRaisin View Post
    I'm 5-6 hours into the game and have left Havana and I still have no ability to upgrade my ship. It tells me I can do it at Harbourmasters or in the Captains Quarters on the ship but when I go to them on the islands (or in Havana) they say "I only deal with Ship Captains" and I have no ability to get below deck on the Jackdaw.

Am I missing the obvious somewhere?

I'm playing on PS3.
    Spoiler: 
    You can't really access the Jackdaw until you are in the middle of Sequence 3. You'll see a cut screen that shows the Jackdaw with a pirates flag and a pirate tells you to take care of her

By the way, the only thing I put in the spoiler is at what point you can get to what you are looking for.
    XBox 360 Gamer Tag = Rdsknsfan3

Ah, thanks. I think I'm just about to be to that point.

Hijacking this tread since it's a similar problem. I got the plans for the Heavy Shot but I can't upgrade it. And it's not that I lack the money, I have it. Same with the Elite Harpoon plan, got the plan, but can't upgrade. I am in Sequence 6, maybe that is not far enough in the game, or it's a bug or some other thing . Can someone help? Thx

Quote Originally Posted by Ashura_77 View Post
    Hijacking this tread since it's a similar problem. I got the plans for the Heavy Shot but I can't upgrade it. And it's not that I lack the money, I have it. Same with the Elite Harpoon plan, got the plan, but can't upgrade. I am in Sequence 6, maybe that is not far enough in the game, or it's a bug or some other thing . Can someone help? Thx
    Some upgrades you need metal and wood. If there are red icons with numbers below the money when you are selecting the Heavy Shot then you don't have enough of those things yet even though you have the money.

I have all the wood, the metal and the cloth needed, as well as the money. It should work, that's what makes me crazy.

And it doesn't say "You need to be further along in the main storyline to apply this upgrade" in Red type?

Another thought—I've found that being OCD about certain accomplishments is backfiring in this game so I move on to something else and then find later that whatever I couldn't do or get before is suddenly easy. Perhaps they have an unwritten requirement somewhere that you can't upgrade those until you do something else first or it might be part of a later mission or that sort of thing.

Nope, only says "prerequisite: plan blablabla" in red

That is what I am thinking too, I have gone back to where the plans where, but one chest is empty and the other one is gone completely (Elite Harpoon). Hope it only means I am not further along enough, the game has been working without any major bug besides that stupid assassination contract and it's side activities pop-up on the screen...

Thx though, guess I will continue playing and keep the hope up...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast