Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rocksmith 2014 Latency Issues | Forums

Rocksmith 2014 Edition - The Smashing Pumpkins' "Cherub Rock"

How Guitar Teachers Can Use Rocksmith 2014 Edition

Rocksmith 2014 Edition -- How It Works -- Learn How To Play Guitar In 60 Days

Rocksmith 60-Day Challenge -- Trevor's Success Story -- Learn How To Play Guitar In 60 Days

Still having the issue. Is this just an Xbox issue? Are people on PS3 or PC having it as well or perhaps other people don't notice it...
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Hi guys, this may help;

If you experience any noticeable latency with Rocksmith, then it’s more than likely due to the specific setup you’re using. Since everyone has a unique arrangement with their home entertainment systems, we’ve outlined steps you can take to avoid this issue.

If available on your TV, use the Game or PC mode setting. These modes bypass extra video processing filters to seriously reduce lag time.
    If the TV does not have a Game or PC mode, you can diminish lag by turning off video processing filters. Refer to your TV manual for more information on how to turn off processing filters.

Check to see that the console is outputting video at the native resolution of your TV. If your TV’s native resolution is 1080p but your console is set to 720p, the TV must process the signal to scale the image up to fill the entire screen, which adds to the input lag.

On some TVs, HDMI connections can introduce more input lag than component or PC cables. If your TV has noticeable input lag using HDMI connection, you can diminish the lag by switching to component video cables or PC cables.

If you’re using external speakers, connecting the audio from the console to a stereo receiver or home theater system using analog audio cables can fix audio lag. To match the on-screen note display to the audio, you can advance the notes using the Note Advance calibration.

Thanks for the suggestions but why does nobody understand that it's not the audio or video lagging. There is a latency issue with the game processing the guitar and replaying the sound. I hit my strong and 1/2 second later it comes out of my speakers.

To be clear I have tried the following.

HDMI to receiver, receiver to plasma hdtv
    HDMI to plasma hdtv, optical audio to receiver
    HDMI to plasma hdtv, analog audio to receiver
    Component to plasma tv, analog to receiver

HDMI to receiver, receiver to projector
    HDMI to projector , optical audio to receiver
    HDMI to projector , analog audio to receiver
    Component to projector , analog to receiver

HDMI to 120Hz computer monitor, analog to receiver

All of these have the same issue. I have found a way to work around it but it sucks. I put my headphones on but not over my ears, that way I can hear the drums but I listen to the sound of my actual guitar, not my guitar through the game. I got platinum and gold on a bunch of songs this way.
    Last edited by ptbinge; 10-31-2013 at 08:27 PM.

I have two Xbox 360s and both work for Rocksmith with the following set-ups:

1. Component cable (universal) with video to TV (LG 47") and RCA stereo directly into sound bar (Phillips).

2. HDMI to TV (LG 40") and RCA stereo from universal component cables plugged into headphones (Turtle Beach wired). Component cables can't be official MS cables because they block off the HDMI output slot (because 360 doesn't handle both outputs correctly - do not switch TV inputs or turn off TV while both are plugged in or 360 will reset).

Universal gaming component cables are available at EB Games or GameStop for very little money ($10-$20). They work well.

Hopefully that's not too confusing.
    Last edited by Klopzi; 10-31-2013 at 08:41 PM.
    Husband. Father. Gamer. Casual Guitar Enthusiast.
    XB360 GT: Klopzi360

I have one already which is how I was able to do HDMI with analog audio.......

On the PS3, I haven't run into any latency issues, and I'm running on the "not recommended" method of running video AND audio thru HDMI.
    You can call me ....Cliff.

Note Advance calibration?

Quote Originally Posted by Ubi-Mush View Post
    Hi guys, this may help;

If you experience any noticeable latency with Rocksmith, then it’s more than likely due to the specific setup you’re using. Since everyone has a unique arrangement with their home entertainment systems, we’ve outlined steps you can take to avoid this issue.

If available on your TV, use the Game or PC mode setting. These modes bypass extra video processing filters to seriously reduce lag time.
    If the TV does not have a Game or PC mode, you can diminish lag by turning off video processing filters. Refer to your TV manual for more information on how to turn off processing filters.

Check to see that the console is outputting video at the native resolution of your TV. If your TV’s native resolution is 1080p but your console is set to 720p, the TV must process the signal to scale the image up to fill the entire screen, which adds to the input lag.

On some TVs, HDMI connections can introduce more input lag than component or PC cables. If your TV has noticeable input lag using HDMI connection, you can diminish the lag by switching to component video cables or PC cables.

If you’re using external speakers, connecting the audio from the console to a stereo receiver or home theater system using analog audio cables can fix audio lag. To match the on-screen note display to the audio, you can advance the notes using the Note Advance calibration.

Where do I find the Note Advance calibration setting? i've set the video lag setting to 0 but there is still a slight lag in the test sound/visual. My real problem is the 1/2 second delay between me plucking a note and it sounding in the game. I am using the Xbox 360 component cable with the video input (R/G/B) and analog input (L/R) both plugged into the 'Component In' input on my Sharp LCD TV. Do I "have" to push my audio directly to/through a separate receiver to eliminate the audio lag? This would make for a very expensive Rocksmith accessory if you didn't already have one.

With my current audio lag the game is unplayable.
    Steve C. - aka, 'Bloozrider'

PC Rocksmith 2014
    There is a log.
    The minimum and most acceptable results I can get by using headphones (with no DSP).
    The lag is very noticable on TV (in PC game mode without connecting a video cable, just audio 3.5mm jack) the same happens on receiver (either analog audio input 1,2 or aux 3.5mm)

Did anybody try to use (old style) analog amplifier(with no DSP)?
    What results did you get?

Quote Originally Posted by Inetsgrad View Post
    PC Rocksmith 2014
    There is a log.
    The minimum and most acceptable results I can get by using headphones (with no DSP).
    The lag is very noticable on TV (in PC game mode without connecting a video cable, just audio 3.5mm jack) the same happens on receiver (either analog audio input 1,2 or aux 3.5mm)

Did anybody try to use (old style) analog amplifier(with no DSP)?
    What results did you get?
    Whatever you use you want no DSP. I use studio monitors connected to an external interface but any setup where the signal is not processed further is what you want.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12