Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rocksmith 2014 Disc Import Tool | Forums

Rocksmith 2014 Edition - The Smashing Pumpkins' "Cherub Rock"

How Guitar Teachers Can Use Rocksmith 2014 Edition

Rocksmith 2014 Edition -- How It Works -- Learn How To Play Guitar In 60 Days

Rocksmith 60-Day Challenge -- Trevor's Success Story -- Learn How To Play Guitar In 60 Days

Rocksmith 2014 Disc Import Tool

I am really interested in buying Rocksmith 2014, but I would really like to be able to import specific songs that I have on my PC. Does the Disc Import Tool (found on Steam) enable me to do this, or am I misunderstanding this? I checked on the FAQ, and there was a question that read:

Q: Can I put my own music into the game?
    A: Currently, no. The intended goal of Rocksmith is not to be recording software. We want people to focus on playing the guitar and having fun.

Does this mean that I can't do this?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

All the disc import pack does is transfer the on-disc songs from the original game, not just any songs you have on your computer.
    You can call me ....Cliff.

Quote Originally Posted by Poco223 View Post
    I am really interested in buying Rocksmith 2014, but I would really like to be able to import specific songs that I have on my PC. Does the Disc Import Tool (found on Steam) enable me to do this, or am I misunderstanding this? I checked on the FAQ, and there was a question that read:

Q: Can I put my own music into the game?
    A: Currently, no. The intended goal of Rocksmith is not to be recording software. We want people to focus on playing the guitar and having fun.

Does this mean that I can't do this?
    The Disc Import Tool is for the songs that came on the original Rocksmith disc.

Any other DLC that you have already purchased, for the original game or the new one, will work in Rocksmith 2014.

If you are talking about custom songs, then no... they haven't started making them yet.

My Rocksmith 1 and 2014 are from steam, so i don't have the original disc of Rocksmith 1. How to import songs from Rocksmith 1 to Rocksmith 2014?

The same way, as long as Steam knows you own RS1 you buy the Disc Import Tool from the RS2014 store page and let it download while the game and uPlay are closed. Some people need to restart Steam for the download to happen. Once that's done the old songs show up automatically in RS2014.

I can't find this tool. Can you please post a link to said utility?
    I have tried typing "rocksmith disc import pack" and all I find is this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by dcopickles View Post
    I can't find this tool. Can you please post a link to said utility?
    I have tried typing "rocksmith disc import pack" and all I find is this thread.
    For PC/Steam, it is here (in between the game & DLC): http://store.steampowered.com/app/221680/

Can't help you on other platforms.

On PS3 it's available in the in-game shop under "Packs"

Quote Originally Posted by SideTraKd42 View Post
    The Disc Import Tool is for the songs that came on the original Rocksmith disc.

Any other DLC that you have already purchased, for the original game or the new one, will work in Rocksmith 2014.

If you are talking about custom songs, then no... they haven't started making them yet.
    And they won't be doing that, so don't get your hopes up.

Quote Originally Posted by C.Linton View Post
    And they won't be doing that, so don't get your hopes up.
    Depends on who you mean by "they".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast