Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buying Rocksmith 1 DLC without Rocksmith 2014 (steam) | Forums

Rocksmith 2014 Edition - The Smashing Pumpkins' "Cherub Rock"

How Guitar Teachers Can Use Rocksmith 2014 Edition

Rocksmith 2014 Edition -- How It Works -- Learn How To Play Guitar In 60 Days

Rocksmith 60-Day Challenge -- Trevor's Success Story -- Learn How To Play Guitar In 60 Days

Buying Rocksmith 1 DLC without Rocksmith 2014 (steam)

I have rocksmith 1 on xbox. While I know it's impossible to import my DLC to PC, I do want to buy DLC I don't have on the PC version. I'm looking at the Rush pack but I've seen reports that it doesn't work if you buy RS1 DLC for 2014 if you don't have the original on steam. Can anyone confirm this?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

I know content does not transfer between platforms.

I don't know how it works, for getting original RS1 songs without owning RS1.

I see a few options.

First, one can wait and surely a pack will be available to catch everyone up. Just a guess.

Second, one can see if the import tool can be purchased and it work without owning RS1. I have no idea if it will work, but if one is going on with my third option, then this won't hurt to try. I may have missed a post where someone has tried this already.

Third, one can buy RS1 really cheap and then buy the import tool (or already have it from trying option 2 above), and import the songs.

Just some thoughts.

I don't want the Rocksmith 1 import. I firmly believe that the original was not an actual product but a proof of concept to be demoed for a CEO that ended up being sold for money.

What I'm asking is that if I buy the RS1 DLC and activate it on my steam account, will it work on RS2014 if I don't have RS1?

I said I don't know.

I did offer some possible options to consider.

The only reason I suggested getting RS1 was to possibly have access to the songs using the import tool, not to play the game.

Sorry I misunderstood.

No problem.

I wish I had better answers.

Eventually, I guess we'll all know.

Have you bought RS2014 yet? Because if you don't have a cable the price of RS2012 (with cable) + digital RS2014 is almost equal to the price of RS2014 with cable right now. And in some cases people are finding it even cheaper to go the RS2012 + digital RS2014 route. Someone reported finding the original RS (without bass) at BestBuy with cable for $10.

If indeed old DLC does not work unless you have also bought RS2012 (which I can not confirm since I have RS2012) I am sure its just a bug and will get fixed.
    Track your Rocksmith progress at http://rsevolve.com!

Quote Originally Posted by Selurevad View Post
    Have you bought RS2014 yet? Because if you don't have a cable the price of RS2012 (with cable) + digital RS2014 is almost equal to the price of RS2014 with cable right now. And in some cases people are finding it even cheaper to go the RS2012 + digital RS2014 route. Someone reported finding the original RS (without bass) at BestBuy with cable for $10.

If indeed old DLC does not work unless you have also bought RS2012 (which I can not confirm since I have RS2012) I am sure its just a bug and will get fixed.
    As mentioned in my original post I have 2014 on PC and working.

I'm sure they'll add the old DLC as separate purchases for 2014 soon. Just give them some time.

Quote Originally Posted by BrunnenG View Post
    I'm sure they'll add the old DLC as separate purchases for 2014 soon. Just give them some time.
    I doubt they'll relist them. That would probably go against their licensing contracts if they make a new item on the steam store.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast