Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New user never played RS1. Can't buy Old DLC in 2014 | Forums

Rocksmith 2014 Edition - The Smashing Pumpkins' "Cherub Rock"

How Guitar Teachers Can Use Rocksmith 2014 Edition

Rocksmith 2014 Edition -- How It Works -- Learn How To Play Guitar In 60 Days

Rocksmith 60-Day Challenge -- Trevor's Success Story -- Learn How To Play Guitar In 60 Days

New user never played RS1. Can't buy Old DLC in 2014

Old DLC appears in Shop in game but when I try to purchase steam tells me I don't own RS1.

If you are seriously telling me I need to also buy the original version to merely get the privilege to purchase that versions DLC, it's a little over the top...

I notice people where making alot of posts about not getting their old DLC in the game but it seems to be people that have already had the previous version. Not brand new users...

Sorry to make another post but does anyone know what the story is for this situation in particular?
    Last edited by Darkf0rge; 10-24-2013 at 08:30 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

What system are you on?

As indicated it's a STEAM problem so PC obviously.

The issue is that the in game shop opens a browser to STEAM but because of how their system works you have to have the original RS1 else it will not allow you to purchase. For example...
    "Your transaction failed because you are trying to buy 'Rocksmith - Pantera 3-Song Pack' which requires ownership of 'Rocksmith™'. Please correct the error and try again."

I don't own Rocksmith but I do own Rocksmith 2014. The game even has the tracks showing as available in the Shop area.... pretty frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkf0rge View Post

The issue is that the in game shop opens a browser to STEAM but because of how their system works you have to have the original RS1 else it will not allow you to purchase. For example...
    "Your transaction failed because you are trying to buy 'Rocksmith - Pantera 3-Song Pack' which requires ownership of 'Rocksmith™'. Please correct the error and try again."

I don't own Rocksmith but I do own Rocksmith 2014. The game even has the tracks showing as available in the Shop area.... pretty frustrating.
    Well... They *just* barely fixed the previous DLC for people who already owned it. And those songs still aren't showing up when I go to properties (in Steam), and to the DLC tab.

And that was just last night, after the game was out for about 36 hours already. It still isn't 100% fixed either. People are reporting that 1 (or possibly 2) Blue Oyster Cult songs are missing, still.

Give them a little time, and you also might consider submitting a ticket, or sending a heads up to @squirrellyninja on Twitter.

And I know this is not a solution, but you'd doing yourself a great favor by getting a cheap copy of Rocksmith from somewhere like Amazon, and registering it on Steam. The physical copies are like $24. With the Disc Transfer Tool at $10, that comes to less than a dollar ($0.85) per song.

RS Product Manager SquirrellyNinja's Avatar

This is currently an inherent limitation introduced by Steam. It's supposed to be a measure to stop people from buying DLC for something they don't own and wasting their money/feeling ripped off by Steam. Rocksmith 2014 is an unusual case where older DLC has been made compatible which means Steam's usual policies won't work and hinder the process. We're going to be trying tomorrow to work it out with Steam to remove this limitation.
    Rocksmith 2014 Insider - My Twitter - Ubisoft Support

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrellyNinja View Post
    This is currently an inherent limitation introduced by Steam. It's supposed to be a measure to stop people from buying DLC for something they don't own and wasting their money/feeling ripped off by Steam. Rocksmith 2014 is an unusual case where older DLC has been made compatible which means Steam's usual policies won't work and hinder the process. We're going to be trying tomorrow to work it out with Steam to remove this limitation.
    Great to see you on the forums, and thank you for your efforts in fixing the DLC for us. It's very nice to see my entire library in the list!

Rocksmith 2014 is an amazing leap forward...

Old DLC appears in Shop in game but when I try to purchase steam tells me I don't own RS1.

If you are seriously telling me I need to also buy the original version to merely get the privilege to purchase that versions DLC, it's a little over the top...

I notice people where making alot of posts about not getting their old DLC in the game but it seems to be people that have already had the previous version. Not brand new users...

Sorry to make another post but does anyone know what the story is for this situation in particular?
    I don't think it is over the top at all. Why are we entitled to 50+ songs that were on a game that we don't even own? I think it is completely fair that we need to have RS1 to be able to play the RS1 songs.

Quote Originally Posted by blkspdr View Post
    I don't think it is over the top at all. Why are we entitled to 50+ songs that were on a game that we don't even own? I think it is completely fair that we need to have RS1 to be able to play the RS1 songs.
    He's saying he can't buy songs that were offered as DLC for the first game, not the songs that came with the original game.

Quote Originally Posted by Vector_Shift View Post
    He's saying he can't buy songs that were offered as DLC for the first game, not the songs that came with the original game.
    Ohhhh! Wow that is a serious issue.. hm hopefully it gets sorted out.
    Sorry for the misunderstanding! :P

Thanks a lot for the replies guys, and especially to SquirrellyNinja .

As long as you guys are aware of the situation and working on it I am completely happy.
    Hopefully it's not too much of an issue to resolve.

You would think STEAM could at least just move the DLC from the previous game to the 2014 store section or something or flag 2014 as being valid for the old DLC downloads.

cheers.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast