Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Easiest songs to learn Rocksmith 2014? | Forums

Rocksmith 2014 Edition - The Smashing Pumpkins' "Cherub Rock"

How Guitar Teachers Can Use Rocksmith 2014 Edition

Rocksmith 2014 Edition -- How It Works -- Learn How To Play Guitar In 60 Days

Rocksmith 60-Day Challenge -- Trevor's Success Story -- Learn How To Play Guitar In 60 Days

Easiest songs to learn Rocksmith 2014?

I know the new rocksmith just came out but does anyone have an opinion on which songs are the easiest to learn for amateur guitar players?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Blitzkrieg Bop.

Blitzkrieg Bop, bass. I got 100% the first time I played it in Score Attack (which was the third time I'd played it ever).

Definitely Blitzkrieg Bop.

I dunno. I think Black Magic is way easier than BB. Blitzkrieg Bop is pretty fast for a beginner, and uses a lot of four finger power/barre chords.

Out of the very few songs I've spent some time with I would say the rhythm versions of R U Mine and Brand New Kind of Blue are pretty easy and fun.

Ho Hey Lead is a pretty easy one. The song bothers me, but my daughter wanted to play it. It took her a couple days to get it down and she is just started out. It is also a good song to practice your Aminor pentatonic scale position 1,2,and 5.

I am really surprised with the absolute lack of easy songs in RS2014... I like to FC songs so I turned "Master Mode" off. In this case it is really find out which songs i FC'd - those, who have 100% Mastery in "Learn a Song".

I've been playing for a day and this and I've managed to FC 11 songs:

From RS1:
    Angela
    Boys don't cry
    I can't hear you
    Next girl
    Song2
    Where is my mind

From DLC:
    Breaking the law
    Eye of the tiger
    God rest ye merry gentlemen
    Symphony of destruction (rythm)

From RS2014
    Blitzkrieg Bop

... I will continue going through Learn-a-song but I'm having hard time finding an easy RS2014 song. "Blitzkrieg Bop" is two times as hard as "Go with the flow". I've played "Black Magic" for a while and I'm at 99% but it does not feel like a good beginner song... it has so much stuff in it, chord, bends, chords slides, fast-paced shifting and whatnot.

Quote Originally Posted by bradiam View Post
    I dunno. I think Black Magic is way easier than BB. Blitzkrieg Bop is pretty fast for a beginner, and uses a lot of four finger power/barre chords.
    Uh..... Where are the 4 finger power/barre chords in Blitzkrieg Bop? Or am I reading this wrong? Because when I play it, it's all 2 finger chords throughout the whole song.

Depends what you're good at. There are a number of chord rhythm versions on the rhythm path that are 'easy' if you know open chords. Bob Dylan knocking on heaven's door, paint it black chord version seems straightforward as well.

Obviously, if you're not used to playing rhythm on acoustic these may not be easy though...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast