Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do you import original Rocksmith songs after you pay for the DLC? | Forums

Rocksmith 2014 Edition - The Smashing Pumpkins' "Cherub Rock"

How Guitar Teachers Can Use Rocksmith 2014 Edition

Rocksmith 2014 Edition -- How It Works -- Learn How To Play Guitar In 60 Days

Rocksmith 60-Day Challenge -- Trevor's Success Story -- Learn How To Play Guitar In 60 Days

How do you import original Rocksmith songs after you pay for the DLC?

I paid the $10 for the Song Import from Rocksmith DLC.....but can't see where you actually import them into RS 2014...anyone able to do it?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

PC? On PS3 it's one of the first things you do.
    Fender Squier Rock Band 3 guitar

No 360, but I'm an idiot, I bought the DLC before even starting up the game the first time, they were already in my list once I checked....

Can someone post how the payment is processed? Is the payment processed through UBI in-game? Is it on the Xbox LIVE marketplace (for those on Xbox)?

If I need to pick-up a point card on the way home form work I would like to know ahead of time.

DLC's import for free. Importing RS1 disk songs require a $9.99 purchase on Xbox Marketplace. You would need a point/cash card if you want to play the RS1 songs on the RS2014 version.

Just to be clear:

RS1 disk songs are the original songs that came on the disk you purchased to play RS.

DLC's are songs that you downloaded through Xbox Marketplace.
    Last edited by PowerAll; 10-22-2013 at 05:19 PM.

On the PS3, the DLC I had bought before was already there when I did the initial setup, I paid for the export pack, it downloaded, installed and when it rebooted the game, the RS1 on disc songs were automatically in place. Keep in mind, I have the digital version, and I already had the RS1 disc in the machine, not sure of the procedure if you're operating 2014 from the disc, I imagine you'll get some kind of prompt at some point about swapping the discs out.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerAll View Post
    DLC's import for free. Importing RS1 disk songs require a $9.99 purchase on Xbox Marketplace. You would need a point/cash card if you want to play the RS1 songs on the RS2014 version.

Just to be clear:

RS1 disk songs are the original songs that came on the disk you purchased to play RS.

DLC's are songs that you downloaded through Xbox Marketplace.

I have my DLC from the first game, and the new Iron Maiden DLC downloaded perfectly, but since I saw the 'Import original Rocksmith songs (for $9.99)" option and said ' I'll do that later,' I have not been able to find it anywhere in the Rocksmith Shop, or on Xbox Martketplace. Any hints as to where I can access this?

EDIT: Found this from US Forum Manager Black Widow9 in another forum: "We are working on a fix for this.

You can try these workaround till then unless you would like to wait.

PS3: RS1 DLC can be bought OUTSIDEof Rocksmith 2014, using RS1 or the PlayStation Store.

Xbox: Users can temporarily move their save data to an external location (like a USB drive), and then start the game. This will consider them starting fresh, and again prompt them to download the Disc Import Pack. Users can successfully download the import pack using this method, and then return their save data to the original location to maintain their progress."

Thanks!
    Last edited by SSG Frogwart; 11-10-2013 at 10:28 PM.

US Forum Manager
    Spartacus Legends CM
    Quote Originally Posted by SSG Frogwart View Post
    I have my DLC from the first game, and the new Iron Maiden DLC downloaded perfectly, but since I saw the 'Import original Rocksmith songs (for $9.99)" option and said ' I'll do that later,' I have not been able to find it anywhere in the Rocksmith Shop, or on Xbox Martketplace. Any hints as to where I can access this?

EDIT: Found this from US Forum Manager Black Widow9 in another forum: "We are working on a fix for this.

You can try these workaround till then unless you would like to wait.

PS3: RS1 DLC can be bought OUTSIDEof Rocksmith 2014, using RS1 or the PlayStation Store.

Xbox: Users can temporarily move their save data to an external location (like a USB drive), and then start the game. This will consider them starting fresh, and again prompt them to download the Disc Import Pack. Users can successfully download the import pack using this method, and then return their save data to the original location to maintain their progress."

Thanks!
    Exactly and here's a really great imaged step by step to help you with this until it is fixed.
    http://imgur.com/a/x5JLM

Quote Originally Posted by C.Linton View Post
    On the PS3, the DLC I had bought before was already there when I did the initial setup, I paid for the export pack, it downloaded, installed and when it rebooted the game, the RS1 on disc songs were automatically in place. Keep in mind, I have the digital version, and I already had the RS1 disc in the machine, not sure of the procedure if you're operating 2014 from the disc, I imagine you'll get some kind of prompt at some point about swapping the discs out.

Lucky guy
    We're all still waiting on the import pack..

I feel ya dude, that sucks.
    You can call me ....Cliff.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast