Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Windows 8.1 does not let you install the patches AC III and SC Blacklist | Forums

Spider-Bot | Splinter Cell Blacklist | Companion App

Fourth Echelon Economy 101 | Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

Out of the Shadows - Splinter Cell Blacklist Dev Panel

J. Cole Trailer - Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

Angry Windows 8.1 does not let you install the patches AC III and SC Blacklist

When upgrading from windows 8 to 8.1 had to reinstall my games. Now I'm having trouble installing the patches in ACIII and SC Blacklist. The system does not recognize the application, I can not play anymore. And now?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

So you did not upgrade via the Windows Store?
    Why did you need to reinstall the games?
    Did you do a clean installation of Windows 8.1?
    Do you try to create a shortcut and use compatibility Settings?

Quote Originally Posted by Frank.Plawetzki View Post
    So you did not upgrade via the Windows Store?
    Why did you need to reinstall the games?
    Did you do a clean installation of Windows 8.1?
    Do you try to create a shortcut and use compatibility Settings?
    Frank.Plawetzki So, I installed the Windows store.
    Windows did a clean install, creating a folder windows.old.
    I had to reinstall everything. Installed games, I click play and it downloads the patch. Normal for the first time. Except that this error in the patch. The AC III until after work, but the SC Blacklist does not work. I made a print to illustrate my problem.

error message:
    C: Program Files (x86) \ Ubisoft \ Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Blacklist \ src \ SYSTEM \ SC6Win8.dll was not designed to run on Windows or contains an error. Try reinstalling the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support. Error status 0x000007b.
    Last edited by jokko1970; 10-21-2013 at 02:51 PM.

The patch downloader gives you details where it saves the patch local on your disk.
    When you right-click this patch and choose properties, can you try the compatibility troubleshooter or run the patch in compatibility mode?

I tried that, same problem. What the **** this windows. Nor did all the missions yet. I'll post in the Windows forum, just so they are aware of the problem.

Thank you Frank.

I think you should be fair.
    This is not necessarily a Windows issue.

Blacklist lists Windows 8 as supported OS, but not Windows 8.1.
    The preview of Windows 8.1 is available since end on June, so there would have been time for Ubisoft to test with the free upgrade Windows 8.1, but in the end this is a decision Ubisoft makes.
    Hope you have a backup image of your Windows 8 installation until there is a patch?

Dude, thank you for your attention. I appreciated that. What will I do, wait for a solution by Ubisoft. Meanwhile I get no play, do whatever. But at least it is recorded that the problem exists.

If this is a Ubisoft issue, Ubisoft will need a special patch, since they are cumulative and you cannot even install the first one, so simply releasing a patch 1.04 would not help.
    Do you still have your Windows.old directory?. If yes, you can roll back your windows installation to Windows 8

Hi, I suggest opening a ticket with Technical Support, the link is in my signature.
    Ubisoft UK Forum Manager

Technical Support
    Twitter Support
    Facebook Support

Quote Originally Posted by Frank.Plawetzki View Post
    If this is a Ubisoft issue, Ubisoft will need a special patch, since they are cumulative and you cannot even install the first one, so simply releasing a patch 1.04 would not help.
    Do you still have your Windows.old directory?. If yes, you can roll back your windows installation to Windows 8
    I have. Did not think I would need.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast