Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Ammar rebalancing and other modifications - Date to be defined | Forums

Launch trailer - Might & Magic® X Legacy [UK]

Might & Magic X - Legacy - 4 New Classes Speed Painting trailer [UK]

Might and Magic X Legacy - The Gameplay trailer [UK]

Might & Magic X Legacy -- The Open Dev starts! [EUROPE]

Quote Originally Posted by SasMeng View Post
    I think this update is a mistake. Having played ccgs since 1992 I have seen all sorts of new cards warp the meta game and demand adjustments. In my experience that has always been a good thing keeping competitive players on their toes and thinking. Only in cases where there is no way to stop a deck should a nerf be considered. Given the nature of this game revolving about heroes, I don't see the value of introducing new heroes that don't offer any compelling reason to use them (as Ammar will now become useless).
    Agree with everything you wrote, apart from the useless Ammar line: It will be useful to a degree.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

i dont see any tactic behind Ammar,is just an auto win at turn 6 against most of the decks,all that says the opposite are the people that used wildcards to complete that deck and now feel a little bad ,but that was clearly a game ruining hero . you should have smelled this nerf

Quote Originally Posted by SasMeng View Post
    I think this update is a mistake. Having played ccgs since 1992 I have seen all sorts of new cards warp the meta game and demand adjustments. In my experience that has always been a good thing keeping competitive players on their toes and thinking. Only in cases where there is no way to stop a deck should a nerf be considered. Given the nature of this game revolving about heroes, I don't see the value of introducing new heroes that don't offer any compelling reason to use them (as Ammar will now become useless).
    Indeed, adjustments to the meta via card rebalancing helps to keep players on their toes. It's the slow and inflexible ones that have trouble adjusting and repeatedly cry out against nerfs. Once they've found one way to win they'd rather repeat it and not have to come up with something new once the OP deck they've been playing is brought down to a more managable level.

But I disagree that once this nerf is in place that Ammar will be useless. The deck that everyone is running right now certainly will not be played, but I see no reason outdrawing your opponent 3 cards to 2 can't win you the game over a long enough timeline. This nerf should kill the current 1/6/3 OTK version of Ammar, but there's still a control version that people haven't bothered to explore.
    Last edited by silentbobus; 10-18-2013 at 02:53 PM.

Community Manager Ubisoft Kimmundi's Avatar
    Jared Pearson, Game Designer, leaked new infos on the patch during the Team Stream:

• The cost of Strength of the Sea will rise from 3 to 4 Resources, and its Magic Requirement will increase from 3 to 4.
    • The cost of Gate to Nowhere will drop from 4 to 3 Resources, and its Magic Requirement will also drop from 4 to 3.

Also, some Achievements bugs, such as the Premium Deck, will be fixed.

Still no date, but it is targeted for end of october, beginning of november!
    Last edited by Kimmundi; 10-18-2013 at 06:17 PM.

Every news on the game are on Facebook & Twitter || A bug? contact our customer support || Specific question? Ask me! ||Cards, decks, replays: MM: DOC Tools by PresidentEth || Create your own tournament!

Kimmundi Worldwide Corp
    Spoiler: 
    France: Kimmundidier
    UK: Kimmundylan
    Germany: Kimmundietrich
    East Europe: Kimmundimitry
    Japan: Kimmundi-sama
    Spain: El Kimmunchero
    Mexico: Kimmundiego
    Italy: Kimmundino
    Rapper name: Kimmundizzy (thanks SpaceElephant!)
    Poland : Kimmundominik (thanks Bazaltovy)
    From the Future: Kimmundinator (Thanks GZ.Milky)
    From Heaven: Kimmundieu (Thank [LN]Poly)
    From India: Kimmundeep (Thanks Superktro)
    From Turkey: KimmunDidem (Thanks Quarison)
    Taste: Kimmundilicous (Thanks Caelias)

Help me expanding the list, send me a message with my name in your country

Interesting...pretty big SotS nerf. Doubt the Gate buff will make it much more playable since I don't believe the cost is what was holding it back.

You don't mention the actual Ammar nerf, is that implied to be in the next patch as well?

Community Manager Ubisoft Kimmundi's Avatar
    Yes of course It's in addition to the Ammar rebalancing!

Every news on the game are on Facebook & Twitter || A bug? contact our customer support || Specific question? Ask me! ||Cards, decks, replays: MM: DOC Tools by PresidentEth || Create your own tournament!

Kimmundi Worldwide Corp
    Spoiler: 
    France: Kimmundidier
    UK: Kimmundylan
    Germany: Kimmundietrich
    East Europe: Kimmundimitry
    Japan: Kimmundi-sama
    Spain: El Kimmunchero
    Mexico: Kimmundiego
    Italy: Kimmundino
    Rapper name: Kimmundizzy (thanks SpaceElephant!)
    Poland : Kimmundominik (thanks Bazaltovy)
    From the Future: Kimmundinator (Thanks GZ.Milky)
    From Heaven: Kimmundieu (Thank [LN]Poly)
    From India: Kimmundeep (Thanks Superktro)
    From Turkey: KimmunDidem (Thanks Quarison)
    Taste: Kimmundilicous (Thanks Caelias)

Help me expanding the list, send me a message with my name in your country

Quote Originally Posted by Freyjan View Post
    Interesting...pretty big SotS nerf. Doubt the Gate buff will make it much more playable since I don't believe the cost is what was holding it back.

You don't mention the actual Ammar nerf, is that implied to be in the next patch as well?
    Since SotS is the only Unique Spell I don't have, I'm not too upset about this one. Actually, considering I play against it a ton, I'm pretty happy about it!

I agree completely about Gate. It needs to be modified to be useful. Even if it cost 1 with a 1 Magic requirement, I doubt it would be worth playing...

I bought mine with WC nearly immediately. Since then I've pulled 3 more. Go figure, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmundi View Post
    Jared Pearson, Game Designer, leaked new infos on the patch during the Team Stream:

• The cost of Strength of the Sea will rise from 3 to 4 Resources, and its Magic Requirement will increase from 3 to 4.
    • The cost of Gate to Nowhere will drop from 4 to 3 Resources, and its Magic Requirement will also drop from 4 to 3.

Also, some Achievements bugs, such as the Premium Deck, will be fixed.

Still no date, but it is targeted for end of october, beginning of november!
    I agree with both of the stated changes, but if you're going to be modifying unique epics, shouldn't someone be taking a look at Might of Nature? Might of Nature was already ahead of Strength of the Sea on power level before the Strength of the Sea nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmundi View Post
    Jared Pearson, Game Designer, leaked new infos on the patch during the Team Stream: [*]The cost of Gate to Nowhere will drop from 4 to 3 Resources, and its Magic Requirement will also drop from 4 to 3.
    Please modify its ability so that it is playable

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast