Thread: PS3 to PS4 upgrade question | Forums

Assassin?s Creed Unity ? Wear the Phantom Blade Replica

Assassin?s Creed Unity Cast of Characters Trailer [US]

Assassin?s Creed Unity Story Trailer [US]

Assassin?s Creed Unity Experience #2 Customization & Co-op [US]

Random photo of an Assassin's Creed room in a French PlayStation apartment

Interesting video of the apartment, slightly dodgy camera work

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Hey guys (Mr_shade & Black_Widow9). Just curious to see if you guys heard anything back on this subject so far?

Quote Originally Posted by TJ_Wylde View Post
    Hey guys (Mr_shade & Black_Widow9). Just curious to see if you guys heard anything back on this subject so far?
    Nothing I'm able to confirm / deny at present.

As soon as I have a solid answer I'll let you know.

Just had an email from Sony regarding the EU digital version.

Pre Order the Digital Deluxe Edition from the PlayStation Store and enjoy the following:

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic_Rooster View Post
    Just had an email from Sony regarding the EU digital version.

Pre Order the Digital Deluxe Edition from the PlayStation Store and enjoy the following:

You get that from buying digitally in PStore? What the frig? Even digitally we get C-Rap lol
    all we get is an Aveline Figurehead, which was made apparent to me by M.Shade, that it's some fancy piece you place on the boat. Would've been nice if it came with at least either a bonus weapon or suit as well

That is an excellent question I believe it is the same for the Xbox360 upgrade to XBONE - Well as far as I know Sony offers an upgrade from PS3 to PS4 by redeemed ($9.99) but for a digital version of AC4 only and that offer end in January 31, 2014 - I try to get info if that transfer shall include the online pass and the future DLCs, and Sony rep told me that they did not know since the game is not released yet they could be positive about the main game but could not answer for the exclusivities add-ons - Microsoft rep told me that NO you will have to rebuy the online pass for the XBONE version. Upon contacting Ubisoft the answer was they do not know and also told me that it is the responsibility of the console providers to furnish the support for those type of questions. So apparently, no one really know.

Quote Originally Posted by Landruner View Post
    That is an excellent question I believe it is the same for the Xbox360 upgrade to XBONE - Well as far as I know Sony offers an upgrade from PS3 to PS4 by redeemed ($9.99) but for a digital version of AC4 only and that offer end in January 31, 2014
    If you buy AC4 (and COD GH, BF4 & WD) digitlaly for PS3- When the PS4 version is available for preorder (like now) you can buy it for 10$

If you buy AC4 by disc (and above games^) the case will come with a (PStore,XBL) code that you can redeem to buy the game 'digitally' for 10$. but NOTE: When you do it this way, you must have the original disc IN the new console to play:
    Example; PS3 disc of AC4+PS4 system+PS4 Digital purchase by Code= PS4 AC4 version. YOU MUST HAVE THE PREDECESSOR DISC IN YOUR NEW PS4 TO PLAY.

PS3 to PS4 game UPgrade

I don't know if that is how XB1 does it but im sure the xbox site should have some kind of mention

Ubisoft have released the following new information on the upgrade process:

When you buy a copy of Assassin’s Creed
    ®IV Black Flag™ for PlayStation®3, for a limited time only you can download a PlayStation®4 digital copy of the game for an additional £9.99. This offer is available with both retail and digital copies of the PlayStation®3 game. If you have a retail copy, there is a code in the PlayStation®3 version of the game to redeem on the PlayStation®Store to download your PlayStation®4 digital copy.

You must retain your PlayStation®3 disc to play the upgraded PlayStation®4 version. Insert the original PlayStation®3 disc in the PlayStation®4 console to play the game. If you own a digital copy of the PlayStation®3 game, the PlayStation®4 digital download will automatically appear at the discounted price on the PlayStation®Store. Upgrade codes can be redeemed until March 31st, 2014.

Please note that the upgrade offer applies to the Digital Edition of the main game, including

• the Aveline exclusive missions
    • Special Edition additional in-game content
    • as well as the Uplay Passport.

The PlayStation®3 saved games, trophies and individual downloadable content, other ULC and pre-order content will not be carried across. However, owning the Season Pass on PlayStation® 3 will grant access to the corresponding downloadable content on PlayStation® 4.

Aaahh awesome Mr_Shade. So nothing to worry about. And wont lose my bonus content .

Thanks a lot for keeping us up-to-date with this

At Gamestop they told me that DLC carries across, but that could just be hearsay. My wife is making me wait until Xbox One anyway.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast