Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: On disc DLC Rocksmith 2014 | Forums

Rocksmith 2014 Edition - The Smashing Pumpkins' "Cherub Rock"

How Guitar Teachers Can Use Rocksmith 2014 Edition

Rocksmith 2014 Edition -- How It Works -- Learn How To Play Guitar In 60 Days

Rocksmith 60-Day Challenge -- Trevor's Success Story -- Learn How To Play Guitar In 60 Days

On disc DLC Rocksmith 2014

Hello Gents!!

I was thinking about buying the bundle with the guitar of Rocksmith 2014 for PC. Searching around the web for more info about this game I discovered that on the previous version there was something called "on disc song". Does it imply that I need to have a DVD reader on my PC to play them? I'm asking this because I'm an owner of a zenbook so no DVD reader here.

Another question correlated on the same lack of DVD reader. If I buy the bundle with the guitar, will I get a code that allows me to download the game online?

And about the requirements I don't get if I reach the reccomended requirement in terms of processor. I'm far away from them if I have this processor: intel core i7 3517u 1.9ghz 2.4ghz (turbo boost)

Thanks for the attention

Cheers
    DocTonyC
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

hello and welcome to the forum !

First, when it’s said on-disc song it means that these are songs that are bundled with the game. Otherwise they would be DLC. That being said, the line is blurry now that full games can be distributed online. You won’t need a DVD reader to play the game, you could get the game from Steam or Uplay for instance, then it would only reside on your hard drive. Rocksmith uses steam, so when you get the game you need to actually register it to Steam. It’s a great feature with Steam but then you can simply download the game without having the physical media in your computer. I haven’t tried that with Rocksmith, but my guess is that you would be able to do the same as I did for half-life 2 for instance. Maybe someone here can confirm this behaviour for the first Rocksmith.

About requirements, your processor is way more powerful than the minimum requirements, but you don’t provide details about your graphics card. If you only have the intel graphics which is on the same die, it probably won’t be enough to run Rocksmith smoothly. If you have a dedicated chip like an nVidia or ATI card, I think it’s safe to assume it will run smoothly.

HTH

you do not need a disc to play the on disk refers to the original which is available via download now (has been for a while) best bet if you dont have a dvd reader just buy via steam or buy a download code online.
    as for your compatability try this site http://www.game-debate.com/games/ind...game=Rocksmith or put up what your graphics capabilities are and I can try and find out for you.

edit: sniped lol.
    Last edited by shihdo; 10-06-2013 at 12:59 PM.

Thanks guys, as for my graphic card I have a Nvidia geforce GT 620 M so I don't think I will have problem on that side : D

guessing your ram and putting specs into the checker it should have no problems at all

No problem also on the ram I've updated my 4gb so now I have 10gb.....my doubt was only about my processor and the risk of not getting a download code if I buy the bundle : D

With Ubisoft, there is always risk of not getting a code.

(When the original Rocksmith released in Europe, many of the boxes were missing the activation code!)

Lol yeah I read about that...I'll try to have a positive attitude towards the company : P

Hmm, this might be why I have to run the system at low quality:

Looks like I'm in the market for a new graphics card

Well yea. You have a Radeon.

Carl

Steam Community Profile ID: dungeon-master
    My Rocksmith 2014 Wiki - 1/29 - Have the Settings Editor form up. Todo: Create the Settings save script.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast