Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [PC]Steam vs Uplay | Forums

Steam vs Uplay

Hello. I have Rayman Origin and Rayman Legends on steam. When i bough them - i hope they have key activation for uplay, but not. Can i add them in uplay with any other way?
    PS: both accaunts(steam and uplay) registered on 1 mail.
    Last edited by Ubi-Noemie; 11-26-2013 at 10:00 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Hi Sanmal-- Games purchased via Steam have to be launched via the Steam client first -> Then Uplay and Vice versa. I hope this helps.

Hi. It is 100% not working with Rayman Origin, Rayman Legends i am not yet download.

Upd: well, steam add keys for Legengs. Now question only about Origins.
    Last edited by sanmal; 08-30-2013 at 09:41 PM.

How does buying Steamworks games through Uplay work? For example if I buy Arkham Origins in Uplay which is a Steamworks game, does Uplay provide me with a key to activate in Steam or do I have to launch Arkham Origins through Uplay which in turn launches Steam?

Hi Aiden - Yes, you will be able to directly launch your game from Steam or simply by launching your game. You will not be required to launch Uplay first.

Thanks for the reply. I wish it worked the same in the opposite direction, having to have both Steam and Uplay running for Ubisoft games bought through Steam is not ideal.

Uplay does not take up that much memory
    Last edited by Ripperpebble; 11-15-2013 at 03:01 PM. Reason: Spelling error

Quote Originally Posted by Ripperpebble View Post
    Uplay does not take up that much memory
    I agree, but still its pretty damn stupid all the same. Why should a 2nd launcher be started when you already start the game from a DRM based launcher. At the end of the day its b/c they can. The launcher isn't bad i just don't see why its necessary if you already start the game on another service.

Now I'm all riled up...

The way the PC market is now days companies just don't really seem to care about it (don't let the PR stuff they say fool you) so they use these various storefront launchers to justify the idea of offering "a better gaming experience" etc. Obviously PC gamer isn't dumb and know its b/c they want to sell their games and have their own DRM practices, or worse b/c they want you to play on only THEIR platform (see EA's Origin).

I feel for the PC only gamer supporters out there (I play PC and Console) who get shafted by these 3rd party companies and are treated as if they are not honest buyers but rather pirates so they are subjected to being the audience they could give a damn about. The console games seem to have a UPlay app (i use it for Splinter Cell and Rayman Legends on Wii U), and/or is in the game itself (Ghost Recon FS) and if not they can always just log on to the web to see their account. Why couldn't the PC versions of the games just do the same? OH, wait, nevermind...
    Last edited by Mantiskilla; 11-16-2013 at 02:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantiskilla View Post
    I agree, but still its pretty damn stupid all the same. Why should a 2nd launcher be started when you already start the game from a DRM based launcher. At the end of the day its b/c they can. The launcher isn't bad i just don't see why its necessary if you already start the game on another service.

Now I'm all riled up...

The way the PC market is now days companies just don't really seem to care about it (don't let the PR stuff they say fool you) so they use these various storefront launchers to justify the idea of offering "a better gaming experience" etc. Obviously PC gamer isn't dumb and know its b/c they want to sell their games and have their own DRM practices, or worse b/c they want you to play on only THEIR platform (see EA's Origin).

I feel for the PC only gamer supporters out there (I play PC and Console) who get shafted by these 3rd party companies and are treated as if they are not honest buyers but rather pirates so they are subjected to being the audience they could give a damn about. The console games seem to have a UPlay app (i use it for Splinter Cell and Rayman Legends on Wii U), and/or is in the game itself (Ghost Recon FS) and if not they can always just log on to the web to see their account. Why couldn't the PC versions of the games just do the same? OH, wait, nevermind...
    I couldn't agree more. Just why don't every developer, marketer & publisher launch their own DRM so we have to start games through 10 different launchers and remember 50 different passwords. Guess who don't have deal with this bu*****t to play games...yes pirates.
    Last edited by Saan_Koneri; 11-22-2013 at 12:52 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast