Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 59

Thread: (Spoilers) To people who have finished SC Blacklist, what did you think of it? | Forums

Spider-Bot | Splinter Cell Blacklist | Companion App

Fourth Echelon Economy 101 | Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

Out of the Shadows - Splinter Cell Blacklist Dev Panel

J. Cole Trailer - Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

  1. #11
    Senior Member Jazz117Volkov's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Queensland
    Posts
    5,427
    Quote Originally Posted by oO_ShadowFox_Oo View Post
    After the credits you see a little clip with Sam, Vic & Sadiq, Do you think it is a "To Be Continued" ?
    Yep, definitely.
    I think the rest of this game will be built through DLC. I actually really liked Sadiq; I thought he was a well played villain... but yeah, shame we saw so little of him.

    I felt the entire story of the game was over-edited; I wanted to see more of what was happening, but I always felt that the game was keeping me at a distance for reasons I couldn't explain. Was a bit underwhelming sometimes. But overall, it was a great ride; a definite return to form for Splinter Cell.

    I've got a big American Dust ?????????? sitting on my SMI. The Blacklist is not over; far from it.

    The missions... so many... I just love all the missions, tbh... There were a couple of moments in the story that felt very out of place; like the obnoxiously designed shoot-out at the end of the London mission. That really did not need to be there the way it was. And the train section felt out of place, and forced, when we could have had a great "train mission" section, like Double Agent or Pandora... wasted potential there, IMO.

    These were easily overshadowed by the fantastic moments though; like when Grim knocks the lights out... put a smile on the face, that did.
    If I had to pick just one mission to be my favorite, I'd have to say Site F.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  2. #12
    The ending was weird for me. Felt so anticlimactic. I'm thinking "Sams not killing him and told the press he's dead, I wonder what he's gonna do to him, this is gonna be good"... Then it ends? I saw that last scene where they're holding him but why? What happens? Do they torture him? Extract intel from him about the other leaders? Why didn't he just kill him? Too many questions
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  3. #13
    Senior Member marc_cro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Posts
    611
    I'm satisfied with the story. It's really Tom Clancy like. In the end it actually is information warfare. Was shocked when Briggs killed secretary of defense. Nice touch to drama. I like it how you continiue to do missions from Paladin. It gives you some sort of feeling like the game never ends
    Quote Originally Posted by aznassassin159 View Post
    Contrary to popular belief, not everyone is turned on by explosions and bullet-fests.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  4. #14
    Senior Member Jazz117Volkov's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Queensland
    Posts
    5,427
    Quote Originally Posted by marc_cro View Post
    Was shocked when Briggs killed secretary of defense.
    Oh man, I loved that bit.
    Briggs was like, feck this sh!t, *snap* Mission 1st, and faced the consequences.
    He climbed a notch on my awesome list right then.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  5. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazz117Volkov View Post
    Oh man, I loved that bit.
    Briggs was like, feck this sh!t, *snap* Mission 1st, and faced the consequences.
    He climbed a notch on my awesome list right then.
    Yeah, a commonly used trope in books, movies, games, what have you, is that the good guy won't kill in a situation like that, and the villain plans on that, giving him an edge. I always wondered "What if he did? How freaked out would the bad guys get?" Well now I got my answer, and it was awesome.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  6. #16
    Senior Member oO_ShadowFox_Oo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    5,419
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazz117Volkov View Post
    Yep, definitely.
    I think the rest of this game will be built through DLC. I actually really liked Sadiq; I thought he was a well played villain... but yeah, shame we saw so little of him.

    I felt the entire story of the game was over-edited; I wanted to see more of what was happening, but I always felt that the game was keeping me at a distance for reasons I couldn't explain. Was a bit underwhelming sometimes. But overall, it was a great ride; a definite return to form for Splinter Cell.

    I've got a big American Dust ?????????? sitting on my SMI. The Blacklist is not over; far from it.

    The missions... so many... I just love all the missions, tbh... There were a couple of moments in the story that felt very out of place; like the obnoxiously designed shoot-out at the end of the London mission. That really did not need to be there the way it was. And the train section felt out of place, and forced, when we could have had a great "train mission" section, like Double Agent or Pandora... wasted potential there, IMO.

    These were easily overshadowed by the fantastic moments though; like when Grim knocks the lights out... put a smile on the face, that did.
    If I had to pick just one mission to be my favorite, I'd have to say Site F.
    Ya, the ride was great, but I'm thinking back on it and I'm feeling a little...I dunno. Empty. I got to the last mission and I was like.... this is it? It's already over? I thought I was only 3/4 through the campaign at that stage. And I figured there was going to be more missions after Sam didn't kill Sadiq.

    Then you have the whole buddy endings with everyone around the SMI.

    Ya. The lights out section in Iran was bad ***. I will say though that I think it would have been cooler if the whole thing was done in game like in SAR.

    And I can remember infiltrating into Site F and getting to this laser section in a shaft, where I'm standing on a ledge shimmy sideways.... I actually said out lout to myself "YEAH BABY - This is what I'm talking about!" haha

    Fantastic return to form all around. Really like the new Grim, the new Sam and Charlie is actually pretty likeable apart from a couple of ******y sayings.

    Have to replay it now and listen out for more nuanced stuff and see if there's more depth after the initial playthrough.

    But there definitely is a tone of duality in the game pointing towards the world of terrorism/counter terrorism. Loved the scene with Sam & Sadiq in London.

    "I play Splinter Cell...as Sam Fisher"
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  7. #17
    The shootout at the end of briggs coop is the stupidest crap ever. On perfectionist the dudes come out prefiring and aimbotting, it is disgusting. That and the fps parts sucked lol, especially bc there is no cover. If the fps parts had a cover like deus ex which shifted to third person it would be ok. And the constant memory crash. Last but most inportant wall vision in svm needs to go or blur when moving like in campaign.

    Other than that i seriously love this game a looooot
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  8. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by cap10a View Post
    The ending was weird for me. Felt so anticlimactic. I'm thinking "Sams not killing him and told the press he's dead, I wonder what he's gonna do to him, this is gonna be good"... Then it ends? I saw that last scene where they're holding him but why? What happens? Do they torture him? Extract intel from him about the other leaders? Why didn't he just kill him? Too many questions

    Nah it is actually smart. If they killed him they wouldn't find out intel (there was a better reason i can't remember), but if they put him on trial he would say everything like how 16 countries backed the engineers and it would almost definitely cause ww3.

    Only option? Lock him away without a trial patriot act style (cough i mean fifth freedom)
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  9. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Umbra-Venator View Post
    Yeah, a commonly used trope in books, movies, games, what have you, is that the good guy won't kill in a situation like that, and the villain plans on that, giving him an edge. I always wondered "What if he did? How freaked out would the bad guys get?" Well now I got my answer, and it was awesome.

    Like in me2 when i gunned down the racist turian politician in front of everyone and said "hostages only work when we care if they live" lol. Epic. That was badass when briggs was like lol snap crackle pop
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  10. #20
    Hey ShadowFox,
    Will you do a full review of it? I am interested in what you thought of it in its entirety.
    I thought it was a bit short and still has too many instances of forced action, some which do not belong...
    Overall, I very much enjoyed it, but am hoping for a LOT more Kobin/Grim missions, because 4 each doesn't satisfy me.





    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •