Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Steam Pre-Load/Activation Issues Middle East, Africa, Asia and others | Forums

Spider-Bot | Splinter Cell Blacklist | Companion App

Fourth Echelon Economy 101 | Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

Out of the Shadows - Splinter Cell Blacklist Dev Panel

J. Cole Trailer - Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

Angry Steam Pre-Load/Activation Issues Middle East, Africa, Asia and others

EDIT: Game is working now. Please see Reddit post and comment if you are having further issues.

Why is there no thread about this?

Seriously, there are a ton of us that are waiting for pre-order copies of Splinter Cell Blacklist to Activate. Its the 24th August, and not Steam, nor Ubisoft is coming to the party. Customer support is not responding due to high ticket volumes. Its time for an official Statement from BOTH Steam and Ubisoft regarding this mess, on the front page of Steam/Ubisoft/Splinter Cell websites, informing people of the issue, and a possible recourse, or even just a "we are aware and working on it message" and where to get updates about it.

Enough of the finger pointing, just own up and fix it. You can point fingers at each other while we're all to busy to care.

EDIT: I'm not saying this is Ubisoft's fault. I'm merely suggesting Ubisoft get involved with finding a solution since Ubisoft's name is involved, and Ubisoft will have a lot more pull than a few disgruntled customers...

Edit 2: This Discussion has been moved to Reddit:
    http://www.reddit.com/r/Games/commen...ell_blacklist/
    Last edited by DementedZA; 08-26-2013 at 05:25 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Yeah, lots of people are in the same boat and we still have a no clear/official answer from neither Ubisoft or Steam at all.

Looking at an other thread.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...rary?p=9231173

Obviously OP's reply was that 'It says the game is available on steam' but it is still in the preload status and we can't install nor play the game.

Funny how the Moderator locked up the thread and said 'Glad to hear it.'

He misunderstood the OP.

To make things clear, this is what we've been all trying to say:

1) Steam says the game is available on 23th for us.
    2) It's 24th and we still have the game in preload status (Steam store page says Now Available - and we did have a countdown before 23th)

I have the same problem, and I contacted steam support but still no reply. The steam page says the game is now available, but when I click on "play now" I get the pre-load dialogue, with no ability to play the game. Funny thing is, before the release date we knew how long we had to wait, but now we have no idea how long we have to wait until steam/ubisoft realize there's a problem and fix it.

South Africa here. Also in the same boat. It's so unfortunate that those who pay hard earned cash to have to deal with this.

I have two accounts, both of them, same story. I live in South Africa. The game released 23rd for us as well. People who bought physical copies are able to play. These copies make use of uPlay, and not Steam. AAAAARGH!!!!

Ubisoft: Please contact steam support regarding the status and the delivery of the game's release. Also, please try again later.

(I'm also on the same boat as you guys)

Saw that reply. Hence the "Enough of the finger pointing, just own up and fix it. You can point fingers at each other while we're all to busy to care. " statement in my thread.

Seeing since none of my other Steam games have had this issue, and the numerous complaints about uPlay, I strongly suggest that its in Ubisoft's best interest to do more than just say "its their fault" or "try again later".

I run my own company, and what I would have done is to step in and find out from my partners what is going on, regardless of who's fault it is, since it makes me look bad. But then again, I know a thing or two about customer service apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by DementedZA View Post
    Saw that reply. Hence the "Enough of the finger pointing, just own up and fix it. You can point fingers at each other while we're all to busy to care. " statement in my thread.

Seeing since none of my other Steam games have had this issue, and the numerous complaints about uPlay, I strongly suggest that its in Ubisoft's best interest to do more than just say "its their fault" or "try again later".

I run my own company, and what I would have done is to step in and find out from my partners what is going on, regardless of who's fault it is, since it makes me look bad. But then again, I know a thing or two about customer service apparently.
    I agree about the finger pointing, but you may need to understand that the support from a Twitter account might not be authorized to do such things.
    You can't really expect a company to solve a problem which isn't theirs. Specially when it actually helps them in a way. Instead of buying from Steam you'll buy from them - so they could help you next time such a thing happens.

Again, we should all really contact Steam - cause it's their fault in the end of the day , and they are the only one who can actually help.
    I contacted them both using their twitter @Steam_Support and Steam Support site.

Quote Originally Posted by OSantaClownO View Post
    Ubisoft: Please contact steam support regarding the status and the delivery of the game's release. Also, please try again later.

(I'm also on the same boat as you guys)
    So they are not denying that the game is supposed to be released on the 23th for us?

Quote Originally Posted by DementedZA View Post

I run my own company, and what I would have done is to step in and find out from my partners what is going on, regardless of who's fault it is, since it makes me look bad. But then again, I know a thing
    or two about customer service apparently.
    Exactly, the point is that we might buy the game from steam but we are still Ubisoft's customers; do us something good, get in contact with Steam (for us) and things might get resolved quickly.

Edit:

Quote Originally Posted by OSantaClownO View Post
    I agree about the finger pointing, but you may need to understand that the support from a Twitter account might not be authorized to do such things.
    You can't really expect a company to solve a problem which isn't theirs. Specially when it actually helps them in a way. Instead of buying from Steam you'll buy from them - so they could help you next time such a thing happens.

Again, we should all really contact Steam - cause it's their fault in the end of the day , and they are the only one who can actually help.
    I contacted them both using their twitter @Steam_Support and Steam Support site.
    I know, many of us have been trying to reach Steam support but the usual reply time is 24 hours or so (might be longer during weekends time). What I want Ubisoft to do is, please have someone talk with Steam to let them know of the issue since apparently our voices were not heard @ Steam_support tickets, tweeter and SPUF.
    Last edited by minhpdhn; 08-24-2013 at 01:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by minhpdhn View Post
    So they are not denying that the game is supposed to be released on the 23th for us?

Exactly, the point is that we might buy the game from steam but we are still Ubisoft's customers; do us something good, get in contact with Steam (for us) and things might get resolved quickly.
    World would be a better place if people were actually motivated to make goodness.
    But companies are motivated by something else.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast