Thread: Patch 1.01 renders Blacklist unable to run | Forums

Spider-Bot | Splinter Cell Blacklist | Companion App

Fourth Echelon Economy 101 | Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

Out of the Shadows - Splinter Cell Blacklist Dev Panel

J. Cole Trailer - Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

Patch 1.01 renders Blacklist unable to run

I've downloaded the game installer twice (thanks for deleting it without asking that was nice to have to download a 20 GB installer twice in one day) and installed the game twice.

Each time I've downloaded the 1.7GB patch file (twice on that, just to be sure the patch wasn't corrupted) and both times the patch renders the game unable to launch.

I am able to play the unpatched game with no problems, but each time I run the patch, I get the following error:

It says that the program can't run because LeadD3DXenon.dll is missing from my system. It recommends a reinstallation.

Playing unpatched now but would appreciate any help anyone could provide regarding this issue.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Another game broken by it's "patch"?

Whether by death from above, ledge grabs, normal takedowns, bullets, knives, or my bare, virtual hands, I will find any threats and see that they are no longer problematic.

Silent, Lethal, Closer Than Ever

Same problem here, any solutions?

Community Manager Ubi-MoshiMoshi's Avatar
    Hi guys, please contact Technical Support so they can troubleshoot with you, the link is in my signature.
    Ubisoft Community Manager

Technical Support
    Twitter Support
    Facebook Support

Try downloading thus providing the DLL to the game here (don't worry link is safe, no virus, virustotal link here).

Try copying said DLL file to either game folder or Windows/System32 folder. If it doesn't help, try reinstall. However 90% of such issues are resolved by simply providing the DLL like I told you.
    Last edited by VniX; 08-21-2013 at 12:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by VniX View Post
    Try downloading thus providing the DLL to the game here (don't worry link is safe, no virus, virustotal link here).

Try copying said DLL file to either game folder or Windows/System32 folder. If it doesn't help, try reinstall. However 90% of such issues are resolved by simply providing the DLL like I told you.
    Hmm... unfortunately the game seems to be searching for LeadD3DXenon.dll - not ...XenonR.dll. Downloading and placing this file in the folders you specified has no effect. Furthermore, as you may notice from my OP I've already been down the very frustrating reinstallation experience, and the upgrade experience which duplicated the problem.

But thank you for the reply anyway. I appreciate the attempt to help!

I called tech support and was provided the following email with instructions on a work around for resolving this issue until they stop breaking the game under default settings:

there's a work around for the problem you're seeing.

Navigate to the following directory:
    C:\Users\user\Documents\Ubisoft\Blacklist

Locate the following file:
    videosettings.ini

Open this file in Notepad or another text editor
    Search for and change the "WindowStyleFinal=1" option to 0 or 2.

0 = Windowed
    1 = Fullscreen (default)
    2 = Windowed Fullscreen

0 and 2 should both allow the game to start.
    So, for whatever reason, default settings seem to break the game when patching.

I have confirmed this solved my problem.

my UBISOFT-AUTOPATCH is so slow, it takes me 10 hours do download the blacklist patch.. i installed the patch and everything seems to be fine. now there is another patch, i think the same one cuz hes same size then the one b4.
    is this normal for UPLAY??
    BTW: since the update i cant see my blacklist game in the GAMES folder on uplay, only when i go in offline-modus.

WHATS WRONG WITH THAT ****?!?!

DSL 50.000
    i7 3770k
    gtx 780 3xwindforce
    sabertooth z77
    16gb Ram

The funny thing was, is that I didn't know about this issue, I know now, but after I installed the game and patched it to the latest version right away, without starting it first, it didn't create any folder in C:\Users\user\Documents\Ubisoft\Blacklist with videosettings.ini file