Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why is the Rocksmith 2014 Guitar Bundle £25 more for the PC than for console? | Forums

Rocksmith 2014 Edition - The Smashing Pumpkins' "Cherub Rock"

How Guitar Teachers Can Use Rocksmith 2014 Edition

Rocksmith 2014 Edition -- How It Works -- Learn How To Play Guitar In 60 Days

Rocksmith 60-Day Challenge -- Trevor's Success Story -- Learn How To Play Guitar In 60 Days

Why is the Rocksmith 2014 Guitar Bundle £25 more for the PC than for console?

I've gotten really interested in the whole franchise over the past week, and (having only dabbled in trying to teach myself guitar before) decided to pre-order the game with the Les Paul Jr (which reviews say is a decent guitar for its low price, which is perfect for me).

But on Amazon UK, the PC version is £156.48 where the 2 console versions are £121.97 and £120.76, which are weird prices since they come directly from Ubisoft, but eh.

So could anyone tell me what is up with the prices, or if there is any other online retailer in the UK who sells these bundles?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

My immediate thought was that the console versions don't come with the rocksmith real tone cable, which sells for 20-30 US$... but I can't see a bundle with a guitar not having the cable too, you know?
    Xbox Live Gamertag: ELEMENOHPElmnop

====================================
    Every Single Lie - My old metalcore band
    The Winter Mission - My old pop-punk band

Yeah, the PC and Console bundles all include the same things (game, picks, strap, guitar, cable).

AFAIK there is no 2014 edition bundle with a guitar. There is only the game for pre-order with or without the cable. Are you sure it's 2014 and not the first RS?

Nope, Rocksmith 2014 with guitar, Amazon.co.uk exclusive: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Rocksmith-20...rocksmith+2014

Hmmm, I stand corrected.

I am really surprised there is no info on guitar bundle for US yet. It is so close to launch and they have preorder available everywhere but no guitar. I am thinking about getting the guitar bundle if they make it available so I will have a guitar for my son. I would assume it would be the same guitar as UK no?

Well, yesterday I saw the Developer Q&A (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PWORXxRkuY) and in it ,when answering a question about if there was going to be a bundle, he said "Yes, more info on that coming soon".

So from that you can assume that a US version will be announced, and hopefully they'll clarify the price on the UK version

Quote Originally Posted by Koolgamer1 View Post
    I've gotten really interested in the whole franchise over the past week, and (having only dabbled in trying to teach myself guitar before) decided to pre-order the game with the Les Paul Jr (which reviews say is a decent guitar for its low price, which is perfect for me).

But on Amazon UK, the PC version is £156.48 where the 2 console versions are £121.97 and £120.76, which are weird prices since they come directly from Ubisoft, but eh.

So could anyone tell me what is up with the prices, or if there is any other online retailer in the UK who sells these bundles?
    Even more odd is that if you just buy the game on its own from Amazon the PC version is £5 cheaper than the consoles. This also applies when buying the Game and Cable together. So, yes, why when you add an identical guitar to the bundle does the price go from being £5 cheaper to £35 more expensive...!?

Just thought I'd let you know that I contacted Amazon UK to ask them this very same question. Their response was effectively "we charge what we think people will pay and the prices on the site are down to our purchasing teams." So, um, "tough luck", I guess.

Maybe the price will change between now and release on Amazon if enough people point this out to them...

Quote Originally Posted by chiefsheep2001 View Post
    Maybe the price will change between now and release on Amazon if enough people point this out to them...
    Amazon usually has a link towards the bottom of the page "tell us about a lower price." Click on it and tell Amazon about the discrepancy and they might lower the price.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast