Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Division: Beta? | Forums

Tom Clancy's The Division -- Take Back New York Trailer [E3 2014] [UK]

Tom Clancy's The Division -- Manhattan Gameplay Demo [E3 2014]  [UK]

Snowdrop Engine -- GDC 2014 [UK]

Snowdrop Next-Gen Engine | Tom Clancy's The Division [UK]

Question The Division: Beta?

Will any of you awesome The Division fans please answer if there will be a Division beta, because i have seen a few things about it, but im not 100% about it. And could you please add weather you would want a beta of this game or not, maybe if we get alot of people putting it, we may get it by popular demand.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

hi there,

at present there are no plans for a beta test - however if that changes it will be posted here.

Be aware that there are fake betas floating around the internet, these are NOT real and maybe an attempt to steal your data!

ok thanks

Thanks, but i swear i saw a video with someone saying something about a beta, ill link here if i find it.

Quote Originally Posted by Humqsalot View Post
    Thanks, but i swear i saw a video with someone saying something about a beta, ill link here if i find it.
    You may have done; the Alpha and Beta are just stages of the build process. Typically the Alpha is once there is a running game, with minimal graphics, while the beta is close to finished, but usually where they stress-test it, and look for all the bugs and glitches. However, in order to achieve this, some studios open up their game to either a select number of people (closed Beta), or just open it up to everyone (open beta). Consequently, due to the demand for 'sneak peeks' and demos, the "Beta" has become somewhat synonymous with "early access" rather than what it's really there for!

Xbox 360: cswain91

I would hope for there to be a beta of some kind to stress test servers, and accelerate the bug busting. Especially since this is going to be an online mmotps.

Quote Originally Posted by Sixacreed View Post
    I would hope for there to be a beta of some kind to stress test servers, and accelerate the bug busting. Especially since this is going to be an online mmotps.
    As I said previously, there will definitely be a "Beta", but it probably won't be open to the public.
    Also, what's an mmotps? Massive Multiplayer Online Team Play Shooter? It's meant to be an MMORPG

Quote Originally Posted by c-swain View Post
    As I said previously, there will definitely be a "Beta", but it probably won't be open to the public.
    Also, what's an mmotps? Massive Multiplayer Online Team Play Shooter? It's meant to be an MMORPG
    MMOTPS= Massively Multiplayer Online Third Person Shooter

In regards to the beta, yeah I always assume it to be a closed beta invitational type one.
    Last edited by Sixacreed; 09-01-2013 at 08:00 PM.

Ahh touché!
    Yeah, I'd love to be in the Beta. I love trying to find all those glitchy bits of the map and stuff; those secret bits that no one else can find!
    HINT HINT UBISOFT!!
    *ahem*
    Last edited by c-swain; 09-01-2013 at 10:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by c-swain View Post
    Ahh touché!
    Yeah, I'd love to be in the Beta. I love trying to find all those glitchy bits of the map and stuff; those secret bits that no one else can find!
    HINT HINT UBISOFT!!
    *ahem*
    I'm already tingling about the game, and we still have a ways to go. Danget this hype >: 0

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast