Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How Big Is Chicago In Watch Dogs? | Forums

Question How Big Is Chicago In Watch Dogs?

How big do you guys think Chicago is in Watch Dogs? I've already tried looking on Google and YouTube, couldn't find anything.

Why Ubisoft picked Chicago as the setting of WD - http://blog.ubi.com/watch-dogs-chica...-surveillance/
    Last edited by AssassinGame1; 08-10-2013 at 03:53 AM.
    ''When I was a young man, I had liberty; but I did not know it, I had time; but I did not see it, I had love; but I did not feel it. I am Ezio Auditore De Firenze.'' - Ezio Auditore De Firenze's death note
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

I'm gonna take a stab in the dark here, but I'm guessing it will be maybe as large or a bit larger than AC3's frontier, square footage wise. But there's no way to know for sure.
    Assassin's Creed V | Watch Dogs | Super Smash Bros for Wii U | inFamous: Second Son | Mario Kart 8

"When I was a boy of 14, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be 21, I was astonished at how much the old man had learned in seven years." -- Mark Twain

Im guessing it will be as big as Rome in Assassin's Creed Brotherhood; Rome is the top 16th biggest game world of all time!
    ''When I was a young man, I had liberty; but I did not know it, I had time; but I did not see it, I had love; but I did not feel it. I am Ezio Auditore De Firenze.'' - Ezio Auditore De Firenze's death note

^ Where could one find this list?
    Assassin's Creed V | Watch Dogs | Super Smash Bros for Wii U | inFamous: Second Son | Mario Kart 8

"When I was a boy of 14, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be 21, I was astonished at how much the old man had learned in seven years." -- Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by AC2_alex View Post
    ^ Where could one find this list?
    http://www.gameranx.com/features/id/...s-of-all-time/

Quote Originally Posted by AssassinGame1 View Post
    Im guessing it will be as big as Rome in Assassin's Creed Brotherhood; Rome is the top 16th biggest game world of all time!
    That list is painfully wrong, Rome is about 1mi x 1mi, it's tiny. You have to remember we are on foot and the horses are very slow, it makes the world appear big.
    Perhaps the Greatest Thread of all Time:
    http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...-boring-Forums

I'm thinking larger than the Frontier.

Steam ID: Jexx | PSN ID: Jexx21

jexx eats brownie
    Unofficial UbiForums Steam Group

Quote Originally Posted by AssassinGame1 View Post
    wtf. Arkham City is one of the smallest open-world games, but it has a ton of detail.

That list is completely wrong if it says that Arkham City is larger that GTA 4.

Steam ID: Jexx | PSN ID: Jexx21

jexx eats brownie
    Unofficial UbiForums Steam Group

Quote Originally Posted by Jexx21 View Post
    I'm thinking larger than the Frontier.
    A lot larger, the frontier is tiny compared to most maps. AC's maps feel big because we are on foot. GTA 4's map which is a relatively small map is 5x the size of the frontier. I'm thinking Watch_Dogs will have a map similar to the size of LA Noire's.
    Perhaps the Greatest Thread of all Time:
    http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...-boring-Forums

We know that the bridge that you see in the honored trailer is roughly 15 km from the city center. To find mountains near Chicago you need to travel to the mississippi river area. It is however not certain how realistic the map of virtual Chicago is with regard to the real Chicago. Hopefully we know more after the next episode.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast