Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Special edition of B.I.A.? | Forums

Will there be a limited special edition or anything like that of Brothers in Arms? That would be great if there was.

Maybe a limited packaging/case? Like what Halo2 is doing, a classy tin case. Like the Band Of Brothers DVD set.

Maybe include some special inserts, like a 101st Airborne patch or poster or a booklet with info and history of the real squad. Something unique and cool.

I would love it if they do something like that.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Will there be a limited special edition or anything like that of Brothers in Arms? That would be great if there was.

Maybe a limited packaging/case? Like what Halo2 is doing, a classy tin case. Like the Band Of Brothers DVD set.

Maybe include some special inserts, like a 101st Airborne patch or poster or a booklet with info and history of the real squad. Something unique and cool.

I would love it if they do something like that.

Yeah that would be really cool. Something along the lines of the Ghost Recon limited edition that came out, it had loads of extra bits in it, Including a making of CD and a Ghost Recon patch. But aslong as I get BiA im not really that bothered about a special edition, although it would rule.

It would be cool, they have a metal case with bullet holes and barbed wires around it. A soundtrack CD like CoD Special Edition, the making of it, the poster of the game, and maybe a M1 Garand reproduction of the bullet. That would be so sweet!

Soundtrack! definitely. I would love it if a soundtrack is made.

yeah a soundtrack that would be cool...

Yep, all of that would be cool but it may add to the cost.... Time will tell...

[IMG]http://home.comcast.net/~nbeaulac/images/A10_SM_sig.gif[IMG]

I once bought a special edition of Jedi Knight 2. It was the same price as the normal one and I thought I may as well for the sake of it. You know what? I can't fold the stupid metal case. I can't recycle the thing. Useless piece of ****.

I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade (well, okay, I am), but I never did get how companies can get away with useless packaging and $2 trinkets and hocking them off as "special editions". It amuses me more that people buy this junk to simply take up space in their rooms until they grow up and leave home (throwing out said junk), or in their sheds never to be seen again until their grandchildren dig it up one day while playing.

Anyway, I'll not buy a "Special Edition" of this game. Nor will I buy the "Collector's Edition". No, I'm waiting for the "Ultimate X-treme Mega Edition" that comes with a sterling silver bottle opener with 'Proud Honorary Member of the 101st' etched into the side.

"Thanks for the inspiration to rise above you all."
    "Thanks for the inspiration to rise above you all."

Banned
    special editions of games are unique and fans like them

-----------------------------
    -----------------------------
    "War of Unknown Warriors"

"This is a war of the unknown warriors; but let all strive without failing in faith or in duty, and the dark curse of Hitler will be lifted from our age." Broadcast on the BBC, July 14, 1940...WINSTON CHURCHILL

I have to pretty much agree with LongJocks.In my opinion it is a waste of money...especially if there isn't anything significant.Tin case..baah waste of space. A year or so from now it won't matter what was with it or how it was packed...it will be collecting dust.

BUT on the other hand:

I can see myself wanting a "special edition" if it came with something REALLY cool....patches,t-shirt (not a cheapo-see-through one),food,lottery tickets,real ammunition,coupons to restaurants, chewing gum, airline tickets to Europe, soundtracks,etc...lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast