Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cheating? | Forums

Does anyone know (perhaps by own experience ) if the online part of chessmaster has some sort of anti cheating device to detect people who uses engines to help them? Like on WCN or playchess a program spots a player if he/she changes windows often during a game. Does this exist in CM 10th ed. or will it be implented later or never at all?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Does anyone know (perhaps by own experience ) if the online part of chessmaster has some sort of anti cheating device to detect people who uses engines to help them? Like on WCN or playchess a program spots a player if he/she changes windows often during a game. Does this exist in CM 10th ed. or will it be implented later or never at all?

personally I can't understand people cheating in this game, I mean come on, we're playing chess not dices, what satisfaction a chess player could have in winnig in an unregular way. Doest it make him feel smarter? ...If one is not good enough (and none is), well there's just one way, study and improve your game, and guess what ?!?...SATISFACTION'S GARANTEED !

I agree and I can't understand it either. But let's face it, there are some who cheats and there will always be. And losing to a cheater is to me far worse than losing to a disconnect. So what I'm interested in is what ubisoft will do or have done to reduce this.

You would be surprised, but cheating has all but killed the Playstation2 online community. It went from people like Mario Gaitan, and his 300+ game winning streak, evidently using computer assistance, to players like Talleyho and Rebeccac who would disconnect everytime they were losing. We went from finding a good 5 to 7 players per night, to nothing. I sometimes log on, and see nobody for 5 hours straight... It is too bad.

I didn't say that cheating doesn't exist I'm no dumb, I just said, the hell, I CAN'T understand it in THIS game. And for Grim_o, don't worry dude, losing to a cheater does no harm cause it simply doesn't count. Now, I strongly agree for using some kinda prog that spots and ban cheaters. They probabaly do have one one the chessbase server.
    God, I do care for this 10th edition like if it was my own child. Make it perfect ubi guys, let your mothers be proud of u ! ;o)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> God, I do care for this 10th edition like if it was my own child. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Haha, lol.
    I once cared for a bunny we had (then it died) but a video game, gotta draw the line there

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I once cared for a bunny we had (then it died) but a video game, gotta draw the line there <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    again don't worry Grim_o, I'm the first who laughed about it
    anyway, see u online for a play, and...no cheating stuff, of course !

Ok. I have now played for about... some time (don't know how long ). And I must say that I'm suspecting that a lot of players (and I think many other people are suspecting) are using some some sort of program to aid them in their play *cough* Fritz *cough*. You may flame me for this and prove me wrong but I am starting to have a hard time believing that there's comming a new grandmaster online every day. For me it's more likely there's comming a new cheater every day. What so ever, the average games are so much better now than in the beginning (ecspecially the top players games). I have not (yet) analysed the games with engines but it seems very strange to me that so many people can keep playing so perfect. Many doens't even show sign of the smallest weakness. They play so fast, even in touh positions, I can't even keep up my calculations when viewing. It's just not human, even Kasparov blunders...

So anyway, my point is that I will analyse all my own games from now on with engine and list everyone in here I suspect to be cheating.
    No one can prevent people from cheating but know, it will have consequences if you do it against me now

PS: I still hope that Ubisoft will do something about this.

PPS: The average real rating for being on the top 10 in any catagory seems to be around 1800 elo, with the highest players at 2000+. Therefore I wonder, how come does such skilled player not make any tutorials for us newbies?... Just a thought.

You may flame me now

I once observed on Yahoo, a player that had set up several accounts. (I assume so) This player had all acounts rated at 3000+. This player only played himself. Looking at his history I see that this players winning streaks were very manufactured. Litterally player1 wins 10 then player 2 wins 10 etc.... Now I ask you, what is the point to that?? (The names of each player where the same save a number at the end)

I know a few strong players that have grater then 2000+ ratings on pogo. (high ratings there anyway) Despite those players not cheating they regularly get flamed for cheating by ppl they are not even playing. It is getting so hard to tell the cheaters from the good players that everyone who does good is suspected of cheating. This makes it very hard to find other good players.

I wonder when this sad trend will die off.
    100K Club Member

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast