Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Blacklist and Uplay | Forums

Spider-Bot | Splinter Cell Blacklist | Companion App

Fourth Echelon Economy 101 | Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

Out of the Shadows - Splinter Cell Blacklist Dev Panel

J. Cole Trailer - Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

Quote Originally Posted by Aegis_Kleais View Post
    I tolerate Uplay, though I'd love to see better integration with Steamworks. I will NOT tolerate Origin, though.

Currenly, uPlay pisses me off because they cater to that 'mentally stunted' gamer cliche with phrases like 'Go to Win' and forced gameplay review popups after every play session.

I'm a big boy, Ubi, I don't want this dejected nomenclature forced down my throat. Gamer's didn't start out as 'l33t r0flc0pt0rz d00ds' with the spelling prowess of a held back kindergarten-goer.
    Geez, I guess Uplay is far more invasive and annoying on PC, probably same as Origin.
    Welp, I guess being a console boy (having a laughably bad cheap PC) has some perks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganon16 View Post
    My gun does the thinking, bullets just share the ideas.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Quote Originally Posted by Aegis_Kleais View Post
    I tolerate Uplay, though I'd love to see better integration with Steamworks. I will NOT tolerate Origin, though.

Currenly, uPlay pisses me off because they cater to that 'mentally stunted' gamer cliche with phrases like 'Go to Win' and forced gameplay review popups after every play session.

I'm a big boy, Ubi, I don't want this dejected nomenclature forced down my throat. Gamer's didn't start out as 'l33t r0flc0pt0rz d00ds' with the spelling prowess of a held back kindergarten-goer.
    True that, Origin can GTFO, seriously...

You don´t see me.... You don´t hear me..... Until its too late..............

Visit our new SC7 Wishlist ( old and new ideas including explanations and ideas for integration) // Legacy Mode
    My YT-Channel: D-500 - Gaming Action Redefined check in if you have time! ^^ // Playstyle definition criteria // ((Blacklist Checklist))

Hey guys,

A quick question for Steam users, if you buy and download Ubi titles on Steam, do you still have to use Uplay? Are they integrated somehow? What's the story?

Quote Originally Posted by JOHNMCLAY View Post
    Hey guys,

A quick question for Steam users, if you buy and download Ubi titles on Steam, do you still have to use Uplay? Are they integrated somehow? What's the story?
    You have uPlay.
    It's simply - Running the game - uPlay - enter the game.
    Be aware that Steam games can only be used with Steam, (You can't run them from uPlay without being logged on to Steam).

Hey guys,

It's basically a steam-ubi hybrid then.

Clicking on steam link, logging into steam, game starts uplay launcher, logging into uplay, play the game.

Visit our new SC7 Wishlist ( old and new ideas including explanations and ideas for integration) // Legacy Mode
    My YT-Channel: D-500 - Gaming Action Redefined check in if you have time! ^^ // Playstyle definition criteria // ((Blacklist Checklist))

if you buy and download Ubi titles on Steam, do you still have to use Uplay?.
    It depends, for example, Call of Juarez Gunslinger is a steamworks game so Uplay is not needed to launch the game nor login and Uplay does not need to be running in the background, no Uplay at all, Gunslinger it is a 100% steamworks and has steam achievements, steam cloud, steam cards, steam leaderboards etc. I purchased Splinter Cell Conviction through the steam store and Uplay is needed for login and to run the game, i presume Blacklist will be the same.

can anybody fill me in what's so wrong with origin?

I play BF3 and I have a patch not to use origin because it takes more time to start a game. So when I click on shortcut it automaticly opent battlelog.
    But that can't be the reason it gets so much hate
    Quote Originally Posted by aznassassin159 View Post
    Contrary to popular belief, not everyone is turned on by explosions and bullet-fests.

Quote Originally Posted by marc_cro View Post
    can anybody fill me in what's so wrong with origin?

I play BF3 and I have a patch not to use origin because it takes more time to start a game. So when I click on shortcut it automaticly opent battlelog.
    But that can't be the reason it gets so much hate
    A while ago there was a scandal involving origin spying in parts of your PC it shouldn't have access to.
    There was more to it though.

Origin

Origin account bans

There have been several instances of EA enforcing such bans for what critics argue are comparatively minor infractions, such as making rude comments in EA or BioWare's official forums or in chat.

During March 2011, a user named "Arno" was banned for allegedly making the comment "Have you sold your souls to the EA devil?" Arno's account was banned for 72 hours which prevented him from playing any of his Origin games. After reporting on the details of the incident, website Rock, Paper, Shotgun received a statement from EA saying that Arno's account ban was a mistake, and that future violations on the forums would not interfere with Origin users' access to their games.

Later during October and November, 2011, one user was banned for posting about teabagging dead players. Another user received a 72-hour account suspension for posting a link to his own network troubleshooting guide in the EA forums. EA interpreted this as a "commercial" link, even though the same link had been posted elsewhere in the forums, and EA's own corporate support site and FAQ. One user was permanently banned for submitting a forum post containing the portmanteau "e-peen," which is slang for "electronic *****."

During December 2011, an account belonging to a user named "Aaron" was banned after a user insulted him in EA's forums; another instance also affected a user called "MaximumTaco".

Accusations of spying

Origin's end-user license agreement (EULA) gives EA permission to collect information about users' computers regardless of its relation to the Origin program itself, including "application usage (including but not limited to successful installation and/or removal), software, software usage and peripheral hardware." Initially, the EULA also contained a passage permitting EA to more explicitly monitor activity as well as to edit or remove material at their discretion. However, this section was removed following an outcry over privacy implications. That outcry was fueled in part by pictures and video captured by several German gamers which showed Origin accessing tax programs and other unrelated software, as well as a report by the news magazine Der Spiegel investigating the allegations. In response to the controversy, EA issued a statement claiming they "do not have access to information such as pictures, documents or personal data, which have nothing to do with the execution of the Origin program on the system of the player, neither will they be collected by us." EA also added a sentence to the EULA stating that they would not "use spyware or install spyware on users' machines," though users must still consent to allowing EA to collect information about their computers.

Situation in Germany

According to reports in German newspapers, the German version of Origin's EULA violates several German laws, mainly laws protecting consumers and users' privacy. According to Thomas Hoeren, a judge and professor for information, telecommunication and media law at the University of Münster, the German version of the EULA is a direct translation of the original without any modifications and its clauses are "null and void".[30]

Quote Originally Posted by Dome500 View Post
    A while ago there was a scandal involving origin spying in parts of your PC it shouldn't have access to.
    *Rushes to delete Origin from computer*

Dome500 thnx for the info! good thing I'm bypassing origin then
    Quote Originally Posted by aznassassin159 View Post
    Contrary to popular belief, not everyone is turned on by explosions and bullet-fests.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12