Thread: Game Does not start after first level loads | Forums

Far Cry Classic Launch Trailer [UK]

Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon - The year is 2007, it is the future

Far Cry 3 - Deluxe Bundle Trailer [UK]

Far Cry 3 Outpost App [UK]

XyZspineZyX
    I don't know if anyone has had this problem. I just downloaded the demo and started it up, everything fine, I choose my settings, and click Launch Demo. The game proceeds to load, and once there's just a pinch of empty space on the bar, there's a pause with little to no activity on the hard drive. Then the signal to my monitor mysteriously drops. There is no restart, no crash to desktop. I can't alt tab out or CTRL - ALT - DEL to get to the task manager. I have tried using both ATi's 3.10 and 4.1 Catalyst drivers with no success. My specs are as follows:

Athlon XP 3200+
    1 GB PC 3200 RAM
    nVidia nForce 2 Ultra chipset
    Radeon 9800 Pro
    on board sound, on board NIC provided by the MCP
    Maxtor crap hd (80 GB)
    my optical drives
    I am running Windows XP Service Pack 1

Any help on this would be appreciated. As I've stated before, I've tried both Catalyst 3.10 and 4.1, and the problem has persisted.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

XyZspineZyX
    I don't know if anyone has had this problem. I just downloaded the demo and started it up, everything fine, I choose my settings, and click Launch Demo. The game proceeds to load, and once there's just a pinch of empty space on the bar, there's a pause with little to no activity on the hard drive. Then the signal to my monitor mysteriously drops. There is no restart, no crash to desktop. I can't alt tab out or CTRL - ALT - DEL to get to the task manager. I have tried using both ATi's 3.10 and 4.1 Catalyst drivers with no success. My specs are as follows:

Athlon XP 3200+
    1 GB PC 3200 RAM
    nVidia nForce 2 Ultra chipset
    Radeon 9800 Pro
    on board sound, on board NIC provided by the MCP
    Maxtor crap hd (80 GB)
    my optical drives
    I am running Windows XP Service Pack 1

Any help on this would be appreciated. As I've stated before, I've tried both Catalyst 3.10 and 4.1, and the problem has persisted.

XyZspineZyX
    dont bother with 3.1... try 3.9... that is what they said is required, and should work... if not, it does not have to do with your drivers... i would run defrag if i where you... sounds like you have some serious problems

XyZspineZyX
    4.1 is working for me now. I disabled AA and AF in game and set my card to application preference, and it's working alright now. If I turn on AA it craps out, but I'm happy with this.