View Poll Results: Do you want a PS4 Version of Rocksmith 2014 that supports PS3 DLC?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

26 55.32%
  • No

21 44.68%
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rocksmith 2014 - PS4 Support? - PS3 DLC Compatibility? | Forums

Rocksmith 2014 Edition - The Smashing Pumpkins' "Cherub Rock"

How Guitar Teachers Can Use Rocksmith 2014 Edition

Rocksmith 2014 Edition -- How It Works -- Learn How To Play Guitar In 60 Days

Rocksmith 60-Day Challenge -- Trevor's Success Story -- Learn How To Play Guitar In 60 Days

Rocksmith 2014 - PS4 Support? - PS3 DLC Compatibility?

***I'm aware that PS4 will not support PS3 games "Backwards compatibility".***

My decision to purchase Rocksmith 2014 is going to be influenced by:
    1. PS4 availability
    2. Ability to utilize all the songs that I purchased on PSN w/Rocksmith 2014 on the PS4

I've googled the heck out of the above and can't seem to find a clear answer.

Hopefully this post gets alot of replies (including Ubisoft) and we get some clear answers.

We need a PS4 version released in October that will work with our existing purchases....

Who's with me on this?

I've recommended Rocksmith to tons of people. Don't drop the ball folks.

I thought there was a clear answer, no PS4 version and no Xbox One version.

You can still recommend it to tons of people, it will work with the console they already own.

Quote Originally Posted by Kynlore View Post
    I thought there was a clear answer, no PS4 version and no Xbox One version.

You can still recommend it to tons of people, it will work with the console they already own.
    They haven't stated whether or not there will be a next-gen version or not. Probably will not be so they can keep DLC compatibility, but they might develop one later on.

Banned
    Actually, by not stating whether there would be one they have, de facto, stated there won't be one... at least certainly not at release. If there was, it wouldn't be a secret.

Yeah, as far as release date goes, it's only ps3/xbox360/pc/mac. Maybe in the future but I doubt they are keeping it a secret.

If I had my preference, Rocksmith 2014 would only run on PC so that they could optimize all efforts and UI design for the platform I have.

Quote Originally Posted by thoman23 View Post
    If I had my preference, Rocksmith 2014 would only run on PC so that they could optimize all efforts and UI design for the platform I have.

A poll like this is like starting a poll that says "I like Whoppers. Let's make a poll to ask if McDonald's should carry Whoppers now, since i like McDonald's Sweet Tea, but I want a Whopper with it!"

Ubi is developing it. They see (and probably quite correctly) that it will take may years for the next gen systems to have a foothold like the current gen systems do. It's stupid to develop for them if you're not planning on selling a LOT of games on it - and RS is not EVER going to sell 10 or 20 million copies like the big games do.

I'd like to see RS2014 on the PS4.

Ubi already said the DLC will only transfer for the same system. Ps3 -> ps3. Xbox360 -> xbox360.

So don't expect DLC for xbox360 to work on XBone, or Ps3 on the Ps4.

different system = different licenses = repurchase

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast