Thread: Real Tone cable driver not installing properly | Forums

Rocksmith 2014 Edition - The Smashing Pumpkins' "Cherub Rock"

How Guitar Teachers Can Use Rocksmith 2014 Edition

Rocksmith 2014 Edition -- How It Works -- Learn How To Play Guitar In 60 Days

Rocksmith 60-Day Challenge -- Trevor's Success Story -- Learn How To Play Guitar In 60 Days

Real Tone cable driver not installing properly

Greetings,

When I plug in the Real Tone cable, the computer recognizes it and starts to install it. However, it does not complete the installation properly. In the device driver menu, I can see the Real Tone cable, but it is listed with a yellow sign indicating it is not working properly. I get a code 10 - device cannot start. I'm running Windows 7. Where can I get a driver online? Any help is most appreciated.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

US Forum Manager
    Spartacus Legends CM
    Hello and welcome to the Forums
    Please make sure you have everything is configured correctly.
    http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...tion-and-FAQ-s

If you scroll down to the bottom you will see this and hopefully it will help you.
    Problem: When I plug in my Rocksmith Real Tone Cable, it doesn’t show up or Windows has trouble starting the device.
    Solutions: Make sure that the USB port that you’re plugging the cable into is providing enough power to the cable and configured for Full Speed (12Mbit/s) or faster. Make sure that the Rocksmith cable is being listed in the “Recording” tab of the Sound control panel. If the cable is being recognized by Windows, then the game should be able to access it.
    For best results, plug the Rocksmith cable directly into a powered USB port on your PC.

Thanks for the reply. The USB is providing enough power. The installation starts, but does not complete properly. The cable is not listed in the "recording" tab.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarostar1 View Post
    Thanks for the reply. The USB is providing enough power. The installation starts, but does not complete properly. The cable is not listed in the "recording" tab.
    I had the same problem (code 10, yellow warning triangle, device wouldn't show as the RS realtone cable) with one of my two cables last year when the PC version came out. I had 2 cables that worked perfectly on my PS3 RS, then I bought the PC version and followed all instructions to setup my first cable on my brand new PC laptop (bought a new HP Pavillion DV7-7030us specifically for RS). Recognized in device manager, launched RS and the cable worked perfectly with RS. Great. OK, so cable #1 is setup, driver installed, works great, so now I should just be able to do the same thing with my 2nd cable, no problem. Right? Wrong.

My 2nd cable finally works, after a year of not trying to use it. Here's my update post.

I don't know how Windows finally resolved this apparent conflict and was able to successfully reinstall the driver, but it did.

All I can recommend is to try rebooting your system after each unsuccessful attempt and maybe Windows will finally get out of it's own way and successfully reinstall the driver.
    RS1: 1,000 hours played on PS3; 900 hours played on PC
    RS14: 647 hours played on PC; 25 hours played on PS3

USA Professional Tele Standard: Gibson SG Standard w/P90s; Fender Jaguar Blacktop w/SD Pearly Gates; PRS SE Custom 24; Ibanez RGA42E w/EMG 81/85; Squire Strat; Ibanez AEF30 Acoustic; Marshall MG15DFX amp; Rivera Blues Shaman pedal; Zoom G2.1NU Multi-FX pedal

Thanks. Sounds like there is some hope.