Thread: Uplay support? | Forums

Far Cry Classic Launch Trailer [UK]

Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon - The year is 2007, it is the future

Far Cry 3 - Deluxe Bundle Trailer [UK]

Far Cry 3 Outpost App [UK]

Uplay support?

Can someone give me the Uplay support Email please. (impossible to find, typical) I cannot got this to work http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...ve-to-DL-again

In future I will avoid Uplay like the plague, no option to backup games, no way to backup the games, download the lot everytime you do a fresh install is just insane, any serious gamer fresh installs regularly. if you can't get it on Steam, don't bother.

I'm currently on a limited 3G data plan, downloading 10's 100's of GB's over and over again is just ridicules.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Hi, the link to the Technical Support site is in my signature.
    Ubisoft Community Manager

Technical Support
    Twitter Support
    Facebook Support

Quote Originally Posted by Ubi-Mush View Post
    Hi, the link to the Technical Support site is in my signature.
    Thanks submitted a question to support team.

Got this
    Something is technically wrong.

Thanks for noticing - we're going to fix it up and have things back to normal soon. Click here to go back to the home page.
    what does that mean? Something is technically wrong. Thanks for noticing ??? what did I notice? that something is wrong with my game, or did I notice that something is wrong with their support system and my question didn't go through?

I just tried again, seems its gone through this time.

Got a response.

Hello

Thank you for contacting Ubisoft Technical Support.
    In order to respond to this email, please update this incident (Please do not create a new incident).

Regretfully you will need to download/install the games again , I can only advise when you download the game do not try to install . If you install the game it will delete what you have downloaded instead navigate to where Uplay download the games to ( default C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\cache\installers or for Windows 32Bit C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\cache\installers ) and back up games folders from here. You will just need to run the setup.exe from the game folder next time you have reinstall Windows.
    My response

Ok, I got that, thank you.

Please make an easy backup function for games in uPlay (see Steam) having to go into root directories to copy out game install files before installing is quite clumsy, as is storing potentially 100's of GB of install data permanently, its fine if its on a hard copy like a DVD.

As it stands uPlay is not something that I want to use, I would actually rather avoid it, its far to messy.