Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Rocksmith 2014 | Forums

Rocksmith 2014 Edition - The Smashing Pumpkins' "Cherub Rock"

How Guitar Teachers Can Use Rocksmith 2014 Edition

Rocksmith 2014 Edition -- How It Works -- Learn How To Play Guitar In 60 Days

Rocksmith 60-Day Challenge -- Trevor's Success Story -- Learn How To Play Guitar In 60 Days

I have a few questions...

Will Rocksmith 2014 carry over the bonus songs (6AM Salvation, Boss, Jules, Ricochet, Space Ostrich and The Star Spangled Banner) from RS1?

How will voice commands work in the game? Does it even have voice commands?

Will tuning before a song be done the same way as RS1?

Can we get this through PSN? I already have a cable and the disc isn't actually a bonus to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Brick235 View Post
    Here's the link to the PC spec and config sticky. I think I would recommend going above the minimum for the best experience (no lag) though. If you have any luck with the search, I know some people are running it on a laptop with no issues but I don't know their specs.

Thanks for the reply, but that appears to be the RS1 specs..... I already know that it runs on my laptop, I need the RS2014 specs, that I can't seem to find, so that I know whether or not it will run on my laptop...

I am disappointed that they don't appear to have done anything to address the crumby cable. I know I will get flamed and likely banned from this forum for complaining about the cable, but the thing is absolute junk. My first one lasted around 3 months, and my second one is starting to pass more static than sound (just like the first one did before it went out completely)

Gonna have to give RS 2014 a definite pass until they improve the cable.

No problems with cable here, using it not far off daily sine dat one.

Quote Originally Posted by Matty924 View Post
    I am disappointed that they don't appear to have done anything to address the crumby cable. I know I will get flamed and likely banned from this forum for complaining about the cable, but the thing is absolute junk. My first one lasted around 3 months, and my second one is starting to pass more static than sound (just like the first one did before it went out completely)

Had a single cable since day one... It still works perfectly. I use a wireless unit so I don't have to move the cable. It's MUCH nicer to be able to walk around while you play and it's not expensive at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Matty924 View Post

There was definitely a bad batch of cables produced in the beginning when RS was launched. Maybe poor QC or untrained, disgruntled employee on the assembly line. The anecdotal expression comes to mind: "never buy a car that was built on a Monday" (because presumably the assembly line workers may still be hung over from the weekend and all they're thinking about is getting through the day, and the rest of a long work week).

Maybe yours was a Monday cable.

In the big scheme of things I think the overall percentage of faulty cables was probably pretty low, and the majority of cables are still working fine (both of my original cables still work, although my PC will only recognize 1 of them consistently).

Personally I wouldn't let a bad cable or 2 turn me off from RS 2014. Double check your output jack on your guitar (I had to take my jack apart and re-bend the contact part of it on the inside once, and also had a loose nut on the outside that needed to be tightened for a solid signal) and get another cable.

I did pre-order RS 2014 with a cable because I want to see if I can get my PC to consistently recognize 2 different cables, so I need another cable to troubleshoot with. (although I think this is an issue/conflict with RS/Windows software, and not really a cable issue).
    RS1: 1,000 hours played on PS3; 900 hours played on PC
    RS14: 710 hours played on PC; 25 hours played on PS3

USA Professional Tele Standard: Gibson SG Standard w/P90s; Fender Jaguar Blacktop w/SD Pearly Gates; PRS SE Custom 24; Ibanez RGA42E w/EMG 81/85; Squire Strat; Ibanez AEF30 Acoustic; Marshall MG15DFX amp; Rivera Blues Shaman pedal; Zoom G2.1NU Multi-FX pedal

The cable works fine for me, but if you seem to have trouble with it you can try what some others here have done; connect the cable that comes the game to a wireless unit from Shure or Nady or another manufacturer you like. Leave that connected behind your TV. Then just connect the wireless to your guitar. The game cable doesn't get touched.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire_Storm65 View Post
    Can we get this through PSN? I already have a cable and the disc isn't actually a bonus to me.
    Yes good question! I'd much prefer a PSN purchase this time round.

Also, I was impatient and imported the US version last time out. I've been getting the DLC from the US PSN store as well. Any chance the US disc and DLC is compatible with the UK RS2014 disc/download?

I take it we need to swap discs to play old disc based content? or is it imported?

Any news on set lists? My number 1 requested feature is to be able to make a set list to plat through rather than having to select 1 song at a time (always starting from 20th Century Boy on the carousel - Argh!).

Anyway - great news. I'm buying regardless of the answers

It looks like RS2014 is moving from being a game to being more of a learning tool. Also, with Jerry C being associated with the game it might give it more credibility in the music community. So will we get some merchandise with this cool new logo to show our public support.

[IMG][/IMG]

Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast