Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20

Thread: No more assassins brotherhood in AC4?! | Forums

The Assassin's Creed Experience - Comic-Con Day 3

Assassin?s Creed Unity Arno Master Assassin CG Trailer [US]

The Assassin's Creed Experience - Comic-Con Day 2

The Assassin's Creed Experience - Comic-Con Day 1

  1. #1

    No more assassins brotherhood in AC4?!

    Are these rumors true that the brotherhood system has been removed? no more assassins recruits? In AC3 it was done so well with different commands like stealing, rioting etc. It is a pity, AC3 recruit system would have been perfect for AC4 pirate crew.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,292
    "(Also gone, McDevitt tells us, is the Brotherhood – meaning no more “nuclear” option with your allies popping out of bushes to kill your foes for you. Your crew is the new Brotherhood, but they are limited to Jackdaw-related gameplay.)" http://blog.ubi.com/assassins-creed-...-demo-preview/

    Yes, they are history. Crew sorta replaces them.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Moultonborough View Post
    "(Also gone, McDevitt tells us, is the Brotherhood – meaning no more “nuclear” option with your allies popping out of bushes to kill your foes for you. Your crew is the new Brotherhood, but they are limited to Jackdaw-related gameplay.)" http://blog.ubi.com/assassins-creed-...-demo-preview/

    Yes, they are history. Crew sorta replaces them.
    Has McDevit even played AC3? I recently played AC3 and focused only doing missions only with the help of assassins. But the truth is that you get the assassins after mid game and majority of missions are structured in this way that using assassins recruits is impossible. (stalking, frontier missions, chasing, prison missions, etc.) so I ended game basically not using them. It was a shame that ubisoft created very good game mechanis but you didn't had chance to use it. Assassin recruits become very handy when it comes to big fights and taking over the forts in city (with stealth). It is a great game mechanics with lot of options to expand missions and story (ACR recruit missions). If you don't want to use them you don't have to but it is nice to have this option.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  4. #4
    Senior Member SixKeys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Great Inagua
    Posts
    7,198
    Quote Originally Posted by wapikas View Post
    Has McDevit even played AC3? I recently played AC3 and focused only doing missions only with the help of assassins. But the truth is that you get the assassins after mid game and majority of missions are structured in this way that using assassins recruits is impossible. (stalking, frontier missions, chasing, prison missions, etc.) so I ended game basically not using them. It was a shame that ubisoft created very good game mechanis but you didn't had chance to use it. Assassin recruits become very handy when it comes to big fights and taking over the forts in city (with stealth). It is a great game mechanics with lot of options to expand missions and story (ACR recruit missions). If you don't want to use them you don't have to but it is nice to have this option.
    The recruits were fine for two games (ACB and ACR) but in AC3 they were pretty much useless as you said. I don't want the devs to keep certain mechanics just for the sake of having them if they have no real use. It makes sense storywise too as Edward seems to be all about himself, not some wise mentor who goes around recruiting people to the cause.

    "I am your superior, in both title and ability;
    you should know better than to question me."
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  5. #5
    Senior Member sidspyker24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    No man's land
    Posts
    6,217
    It's a useless mechanic, basically a "win" button. All the other things were implement but never useful at all.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  6. #6
    kenways fleet sounds like its replacing the recruit contracts as well
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  7. #7
    AC Expert Ureh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    2,869
    Quote Originally Posted by SixKeys View Post
    The recruits were fine for two games (ACB and ACR) but in AC3 they were pretty much useless as you said. I don't want the devs to keep certain mechanics just for the sake of having them if they have no real use. It makes sense storywise too as Edward seems to be all about himself, not some wise mentor who goes around recruiting people to the cause.
    What is his "cause" for recruiting?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  8. #8
    Senior Member SixKeys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Great Inagua
    Posts
    7,198
    Quote Originally Posted by Ureh View Post
    What is his "cause" for recruiting?
    Like I said, he has no cause, at least not similar to Ezio. He recruits crew members because they can work for him, not because he wants to train them to be assassins and protect people's free will.

    "I am your superior, in both title and ability;
    you should know better than to question me."
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  9. #9
    AC Expert Ureh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    2,869
    Quote Originally Posted by SixKeys View Post
    Like I said, he has no cause, at least not similar to Ezio. He recruits crew members because they can work for him, not because he wants to train them to be assassins and protect people's free will.
    So they make him an Assassin then let him do whatever?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  10. #10
    Senior Member MasterAssasin84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,124
    Quote Originally Posted by wapikas View Post
    Are these rumors true that the brotherhood system has been removed? no more assassins recruits? In AC3 it was done so well with different commands like stealing, rioting etc. It is a pity, AC3 recruit system would have been perfect for AC4 pirate crew.
    Actualy this suits me down to the ground ! i much prefer the experience of playing as a lone Assassin rather than relying on my brotherhood ( obviously it has tactical advantages) but i prefer the aspect of planning and Assassination myself for example looking at my environment, can i use members of the public to aid my advance ! you know really abiding by the creed and the rules of the Assassin - the elusive tennent hide in plain site.

    I agree that the new features in AC3 like the lure and my personal favourite the covert escort was fun to use and did prove useful in certain situations but all in all i prfer the asbect of a Lone Assassin and i am equaly pleased that the Assassination contracts are returning to the AC2 formular.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •