Page 44 of 81 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast

Thread: Official ComDev Q&A | Forums

Tom Clancy's The Division -- Take Back New York Trailer [E3 2014] [UK]

Tom Clancy's The Division -- Manhattan Gameplay Demo [E3 2014]  [UK]

Snowdrop Engine -- GDC 2014 [UK]

Snowdrop Next-Gen Engine | Tom Clancy's The Division [UK]

It’s been mentioned that customisation is an important part of the game (gear, backpack, weapons etc) so how likely is it that we’ll see an option to choose between a right-handed and left-handed player model? Not sure whether this would require specific motion capture or whether it’s possible to mirror existing data but this is something you don’t often see in games but is a nice touch for lefties, such as myself.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

When will we get to see some more gameplay?

i completely agree! i have to keep watching the two trailers every day!

This thread has been dead for a while. How are things going? Any huge setbacks or leaps forward? Also will I be able to kind of play lone wolf//stealthy style and maybe stay off the radar, or will we have to fight with a group to survive? Keep up the great work guys!!

the game is probably a year or more away.
    it would be nice to get more info or gameplay this year, maybe around black friday!

whatshannenin you can play lone wolf but you will be missing out on some missions that require groups to participate in.
    hopefully there will be some sort of a stealth element to the game.

you should have a read through the what we know thread some good info in there.

Quote Originally Posted by foxtrotoso2 View Post

-Is there a linear story progression or are we truly out in the world with freedom of gameplay?
    Hello Foxtrotoso2!

There’s a general storyline but how you unravel it is up to you: the content is emergent. When you’ll be out in the world there will be stories attached to emergent events, which may lead you in to the greater story. The player’s choice really is at the heart of the game!

Senior Community Developer - Massive Entertainment
    Twitter:@aemond

Quote Originally Posted by TheHumanTowel View Post
    Will The Division involve the player making choices that affect the game's plot?

Very cool demo btw well done.
    Thanks.

We don’t want to reveal in full how the game works before the release because the idea of discovery and exploration is at the core of the game. Sorry.
    You can check out the previous answer for more information about the story progression.

Quote Originally Posted by zanduh View Post

12. What's your favorite mechanic in the game so far?
    Hey Zanduh,

I especially love our take on PvP. I think our Design team is super talented!
    Some guys of the team said that the PvP in The Division will be meaningful and suspenseful: I confirm all of that. The experience is pretty unique.
    And the best: the transition to PvP is seamless!

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrk View Post

13 - Will there be classes, or is it a freeform design?
    As you play the game, you’ll level up and acquire points. You can spend those points to spec yourself as you wish: those choices are totally open, up to each player, and changeable on the fly. Of course, you’ll be able to spec yourself into a general RPG role (becoming more a “tank”, a “healer” or a “DPS” kind of character), but again the choice is yours. This means that communication and teamwork is important to have the best group possible!

Quote Originally Posted by LordCrash88 View Post
    If I want to play solo (for whatever reason) will it be VERY hard to survive or will the enemies (of course only AI controlled enemies) be weakened to reflect the party size? Or - if that's not the case - will I be able to get more XP for fulfilling quests/killing people/doing stuff on my own without a team?
    Hej LordCrash88!

That's a very good question. I sat down with Mathias Karlson, Lead Game Designer, and here's the answer:

"When you play coop (1-4 players) the enemies will be scaled in different ways to make sure that the challenge level is maintained (not too easy nor too hard). But there will also be special activities/encounter types that will be extra challenging for both groups and solo players (it will be clear to the players that these are harder)."

Page 44 of 81 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast