Page 44 of 92 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast

Thread: Official ComDev Q&A | Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Ubi_Antoine View Post
    Hello!

Many: The Division IS a RPG game (online and open-world).
    You will be able to experience a deep skill and talent system with immense variety, as well as full character customization and progression. Players will benefit from a large and active in-game player economy, where they loot and craft items that are available to the community. They will also have a very large choice of weapons that will synergize with the players’ skills and talents, to create a play-style and role within a group. Finally, the game is about exploring every part of the ravaged New York area and discovering its hidden stories.
    "Players will benefit from a large and active in-game player economy, where they loot and craft items that are available to the community."

Is this going to turn out to be something like Diablo 3 did? Are we going to have a real-money auction house, or a "gold" base auction house?
    1 more please . As you progress through the game do enemies AI increase (move to different cover, use abilitites...), or do they just become harder, meaning more HP and more damage?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

I have a question I didn't see any one ask.
    Could you go into a little bit more detail on how the basic weaponry will work? I see from the demo that there will be plenty of ways to take out enemies but I noticed a "tracking/aiming" system like a target lock or something.

Will there be free aim for more advanced shooting players? Also will there be multiple sites for the weapons and weapon customizations to make your weapon a bit more personal to you? Something that can level up with you and customize as you also level up and customize your character?

How will the game be balanced for the players? (So one squad of players isn't dominating the entire game)

Quote Originally Posted by RobWilliamson View Post
    I know it's been asked over and over but "When it's ready" isn't an answer. Every project I work on has a project plan, I have to assume this one does too. Would you mind sharing the planned release date? Add a disclaimer stating that it's not the actual release date or something along those lines. An "I cannot share that information" would be fine but please respond in a professional manner. Thanks.
    They have said that their target is in Winter 2014. So, this time next year!
    Don't blame the clowns in Washington...You elected them!

I would love to take the time too thank the hard working members of Ubisoft for making such a wonderful game. After seeing the E3 reveal for Tom Clancy's The Division myself and many of my friends are looking forward to this game. Here are a couple questions for you guys.

1. Is there going to be a subscription fee for this game? If so how much?

My thought's on subscription fee's is it's crazy. Why pay so much when you contributed to a company already. Look at Elder Scroll's Online. They are making fans pay $15.00 for a month. Then to top that off I heard they are putting a micro-transaction store in their game. That's down right dumb. You should just choose one if your company wants to make money. Look what Defiance is doing. They did micro-transaction without the monthly subscription fee and they are doing moderately decent.

If you include a subscription fee please just be $5.00 a month. But if you don't include it that so much better. I've always found Ubisoft to be an amazing company so don't let me or your many fans down.

2. My second question would be about bombs. Can you create a car bomb? If so, with what materials?

Scenario: My squad checks the map to find another group en-route to our position. Can we latch C-4 to a vehicle then blow it up when the enemy gets closer? Or put wrapped up paper in the gas tanks of vehicles to make them explode?

This is just some stuff I'd love if you guys added or included.

How about some camouflage and stickers for both guns and clothing. Masks and goggles are fun! Also How about some non lethal weapons? like if you don't want to kill anyone but you're looking for crowd control? Or maybe you just want to taser a random NPC because you missed a jackpot and someone else got it.
    Stun guns, tasers and such. As for my most wanted on the list... I love melee weapons. I'd love it if you guys added melee sweps.

Thanks!

So the progress on this game seems to be amazing and just... It's mind blowing at how awesome this works. I just want to say thank you to the grew putting so much hard into this beautiful game.
    I know for one effect are a pain. And I'm seeing some superb effects and animation. Well done guys. Keep it up!

Now I had a question about animals. In the game play demo I've seen multiple dogs. Is it possible to some how tame them? I would love to have a pet. Like to have it level up along side you and get stronger. And also would these dogs be a danger too? Would they attack you if you got to close to them? Or maybe they are just flat out hostile and will attack on sight?

Another question. From my understanding... There is aria domination? Such as... Taking back control of the city? Well... Will there be a point where everything is back in control? Or will things slowly revert back to chaos?

Quote Originally Posted by roundpitt View Post
    I saw 3 dogs in your game play trailer.
    • Will dogs attack us?
    • Can we befriend a dog and take it with us?
    • Can we control the dog using a tablet or smartphone?
    I noticed them too. And I pondered the same question. I think all three of your questions would be amazing features for the game.

How will you be able to join a squad? i.e. Requirements? And will you be able to stick with one squad, or join multiple during the game?

Page 44 of 92 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast