Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: fun what is it and how chould it be added to mmx | Forums

Launch trailer - Might & Magic® X Legacy [UK]

Might & Magic X - Legacy - 4 New Classes Speed Painting trailer [UK]

Might and Magic X Legacy - The Gameplay trailer [UK]

Might & Magic X Legacy -- The Open Dev starts! [EUROPE]

Forum mascot MMX Ultimate Adventurer MMX Ultimate Adventurer znork's Avatar

fun what is it and how chould it be added to mmx

As vip we been discussing this withe ubi for som time at this point i would like get som of youre views.

for me fun is getting a good story. Humor is also important. And eaceh level up must make me feel stronger.

What are you views? dont wright esayes just sort and simpel
    Its nice to be important, but its more important to be nice!
    http://forums.ubi.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=258636&dateline=13265  35850
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Member MMX Ultimate Adventurer
    MMX Ultimate Adventurer

More artifacts! Previous games didn't have too many of them..

Secrets and hidden things. Finding rare items in chests, or just weird stuff the player might accidentally find while exploring. To give an example, in Clouds of Xeen in the tavern place if you ask for "Advice" the barkeep tells you that "money doesn't grow on trees", but if you examine a nearby tree you find some money on the ground. In addition you can find a message in a bottle just floating in the water. Apart from the "core game" of dungeon crawling, I think a bit charm of M&M was puzzles and secrets which weren't at all made obvious to the player, but they added to the atmosphere of the game.

Junior Member MMX Ultimate Adventurer MMX Ultimate Adventurer TheMoorkh's Avatar
    Fun for me is fooling around with my kids or laughing at a friend's joke.
    I'm not looking for fun in a computer game. I am looking for challenge, suspense, control and other things.

Forum mascot MMX Ultimate Adventurer MMX Ultimate Adventurer znork's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMoorkh View Post
    Fun for me is fooling around with my kids or laughing at a friend's joke.
    I'm not looking for fun in a computer game. I am looking for challenge, suspense, control and other things.
    Than that is youre fun
    Its nice to be important, but its more important to be nice!
    http://forums.ubi.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=258636&dateline=13265  35850

i don't think your a VIP given how badly that was written, but its a vailid question all the same.
    things that made the game great
    1>the skills upgrade system. going from expert to master to grandmaster was great and made you feel as if you really where getting better.
    2>decent story
    3>exploration>i really,really dislike linear games, they get boring after a while. i like going wherever i feel like.
    4>secrets and artifacts. always fun to discover and artifacts are always fun to read the history of and use.
    5>the 3DO dungeon maybe(rename it)?hehe take your revenge on the staff. always been a fun way to deal with credits.plus you can put more secrets and stuff in the dungeon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens Klaws View Post
    i don't think your a VIP given how badly that was written, but its a vailid question all the same.
    things that made the game great
    1>the skills upgrade system. going from expert to master to grandmaster was great and made you feel as if you really where getting better.
    2>decent story
    3>exploration>i really,really dislike linear games, they get boring after a while. i like going wherever i feel like.
    4>secrets and artifacts. always fun to discover and artifacts are always fun to read the history of and use.
    5>the 3DO dungeon maybe(rename it)?hehe take your revenge on the staff. always been a fun way to deal with credits.plus you can put more secrets and stuff in the dungeon.
    From what the OP has posted before, I tend to think he is VIP. Maybe he just wrote the first post in a hurry. For me fun (in terms of a Might and Magic game) is

*a decent story
    *exploring a world with enough interesting things that it is worth exploring. Might and Magic did this in may different ways. Hidden treasures, altars, teachers at the corners of thw world, et.
    *character development with a lot of valid options.
    *interesting and variety filled quests.
    *exciting combat with a variety of different opponents in a variety of different enviornments, with a variety of different combat options for your characters.

My favorite thing was that the level-ups really mattered. I was always trying to build to a place where I could buy a favorite spell or item. The balance was done perfectly. Things I wanted were out of range, but not so much that I couldn't get them within the next few level-ups. And then we were on to something better. It kept me interested throughout.

I also liked the light-hearted feeling of the series - clever comments in a name or description, etc.

Combat that feels manageable is always a plus too -- challenging enough, but not too frenzied.

It would be important to remember to not create Might & Magic X: Legacy into a pointless, repetitive treasure hunting job like some blizzard entertainment game. Might & Magic characters are heroes not pack-rats.

It would also be important to allow players to find creative and efficient ways to travel from point A to point B.

Give Might & Magic players real & critical decisions to achieve certain goals versus other goals.

Be sure to reward overachiever players generously that extend themselves for side quests.

Be consistant with the current Might & Magic universe. Might & Magic X: Legacy takes place in Ashan, so there isn't any plausible indication where sci-fi elements may not be needed. Previous Might & Magic games may have included sci-fi elements as a by-product of what was popular at the time. There were a lot of sci-fi literature, movies & television shows in the 90s. Not as many sci-fi material currently today.

The trick to making Might & Magic X: Legacy fun is striking a balance between how the combat system works against creature encounters and when the player travels across the region.
    Should the combat system be more fun than exploring the world of Ashan or should both tasks be equally exciting?
    Even the bravest of heroes must rest sometime.

Member MMX Ultimate Adventurer MMX Ultimate Adventurer coltrek's Avatar
    I like the Star Trek References in Might and Magic VI, maybe a cheesy joke or/and easter egg.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast