Thread: Uplay won't start at all | Forums

Uplay won't start at all

I just installed Uplay after getting AC3 with my Video card.

After installing Uplay, and double clicking the icon, it won't start. Looking at my processes, it shows Uplay load up for about 3 seconds, then unload.

Is there a fix for this? Is there an older version of Uplay that may not have this problem?

Edit: I modified the setitngs in Windows Error reporting so that I can see what's happening. This is the error that is shows.

Uplay Launcher has stopped working
    Error details:

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: BEX
    Application Name: Uplay.exe
    Application Version: 3.0.0.1470
    Application Timestamp: 51aef965
    Fault Module Name: Uplay.exe
    Fault Module Version: 3.0.0.1470
    Fault Module Timestamp: 51aef965
    Exception Offset: 009e7fe0
    Exception Code: c0000417
    Exception Data: 00000000
    OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
    Locale ID: 1033
    Additional Information 1: 7d23
    Additional Information 2: 7d2360844428f86efa9913d3347fbf0f
    Additional Information 3: 406e
    Additional Information 4: 406e28ff7a646c20171a40c6264aa81f
    Last edited by Bastion2003; 06-08-2013 at 01:10 AM. Reason: Adding extra information
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

To resolve this issue, you will need to manually install or reinstall the Uplay software, which handles the online authentication in the game. Please note that this software MUST be installed to play the game, and cannot be uninstalled or disabled.

1. First, you will need to uninstall the "Ubisoft Game Launcher" or "Uplay" from the 'Add/Remove Programs' (Windows XP) / 'Installed Programs' (Windows Vista and 7) icon in your computer's control panel. It's possible that the "Ubisoft Game Launcher/Uplay" software will not be listed if you have already uninstalled it, or the game. If so, you can skip this step.

2. After uninstalling the software, you will need to manually delete any leftover files in the C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher (32-bit versions of Windows) or C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher (64-bit versions of Windows) folder.
    NOTE: Please do not skip this step, it is very important. If this folder does not exist, please go to the next step.

3. Reinstall Uplay PC from here http://static3.cdn.ubi.com/orbit/lau...yInstaller.exe

4. Try resetting your HOSTS file by following the steps in the following Microsoft article http://support.microsoft.com/kb/9720...xItForMeAlways
    Ubisoft Community Manager

Technical Support
    Twitter Support
    Facebook Support

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote