Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can we be a bit more positive please? | Forums

XyZspineZyX
    I've been playing Raven Shield for a little while, and I'm still pretty new at it. I'm crap online, in fact, FPS games are not my Forte in any case.

However, I want to say that it's essentially a great game. I thoroughly enjoy playing it, and, for all it's faults, it is very well executed.

True, there are bugs in there, but nothing that can't be sorted out. I do agree that UBI are being quite tardy with their updates, but I'm afraid that's something the community are going to have to live with, as I think it may be explained as follows:

The issue appears to be aggravated by the fact that the the bugs bite hardest for those that play online. Well, before jumping down UBI's throat, consider something: You're in a minority. The vast majority of people that purchased RVS will play it in single-player mode. In this case, the game works pretty much as advertised, with some minor exceptions. I would speculate that this is the reason that UBI have not put huge amounts of resource into sorting it out quickly. A product like BF1942, which was quite rough-edged on first release depends on rapid support as it's played almost exclusively online; a very different animal to this title.

I'm confident that the game will be fixed, but people need to be a little more patient, and stop the inflammatory posting that tends to characterise these boards.

Remember Ghost Recon? Lot's of fixes, in some whopping patches, over a pretty long period of time, and the result has been a real cracker of a game.

In one year's time, you'll have forgotten all about these difficulties.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

XyZspineZyX
    I've been playing Raven Shield for a little while, and I'm still pretty new at it. I'm crap online, in fact, FPS games are not my Forte in any case.

However, I want to say that it's essentially a great game. I thoroughly enjoy playing it, and, for all it's faults, it is very well executed.

True, there are bugs in there, but nothing that can't be sorted out. I do agree that UBI are being quite tardy with their updates, but I'm afraid that's something the community are going to have to live with, as I think it may be explained as follows:

The issue appears to be aggravated by the fact that the the bugs bite hardest for those that play online. Well, before jumping down UBI's throat, consider something: You're in a minority. The vast majority of people that purchased RVS will play it in single-player mode. In this case, the game works pretty much as advertised, with some minor exceptions. I would speculate that this is the reason that UBI have not put huge amounts of resource into sorting it out quickly. A product like BF1942, which was quite rough-edged on first release depends on rapid support as it's played almost exclusively online; a very different animal to this title.

I'm confident that the game will be fixed, but people need to be a little more patient, and stop the inflammatory posting that tends to characterise these boards.

Remember Ghost Recon? Lot's of fixes, in some whopping patches, over a pretty long period of time, and the result has been a real cracker of a game.

In one year's time, you'll have forgotten all about these difficulties.

XyZspineZyX
    no, not even the SP works as advertised. the AI is stupid and have only gotten a few changes over RS and GR.

----------------------------------
    42nd Infantry Division
    113th Infantry Regiment (Mortars)
    New Jersey Guard

XyZspineZyX
    The AI is so bad I had to Mod it to be at realistic and at both playable and enjoyable levels.

XyZspineZyX
    Positive?

Ok... I'm positive that if patch 1.4 fails to fix the main bug, ie trigger lag, that Raven will go tits up faster than a Armadillo trying to cross a highway.[img]/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif[/img]

V_I_A_Edward
    Camper!?!? I Strategically Wait!

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion,
    It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed,
    The hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning,
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. -- Programmers Mantra

Message Edited on 07/20/0307:22PM by V_I_A_Edward

XyZspineZyX
    youre right, lets be positive.

i love the bugs they are great.

i love the way the tiny patches that get released give us other problems for the next tiny patch to solve.

i love the dodgy netcode its fantastic.

i love the lack of dev interaction, hey who wants this!

i love the fact that many oplayers get really low fps, it means i beat them.

i love the shallow gameplay, it keeps it nice and light and reduces my stress.

oh well i had a go but i dont think thats what you had inmind.

1.4 better work (it wont)

Bernard says> "Even i can't think of a good swear word to sum up UBI"

UKA clansite forum:
    http://www.gd-network.com/forum/

XyZspineZyX
    We're all out of context...to a person new to these forms of entertainment...RavenShield is amazing and we shouldn't try to make them believe differant.

My opinion: Try AmericasArmy when you get a chance...It's rough to learn but gets better when you find a favorite map.

http://www.savealaskawolves.org

Go here and sign a petition to save Alaska's Wolves from be helocopter hunted in an attempt to provide more caribou for hunters (i deer hunt, but would never approve the killing of any species to increase my chances at finding game).

Also...Please donate money to me so that i could afford a bandwidth connection.
    <form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">
    <input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_xclick">
    <input type="hidden" name="business" value="vilkacls@yahoo.com">
    <input type="hidden" name="item_name" value="donate to help a fellow dialup-handicapped player...me... achieve a cable connection">
    <input type="hidden" name="item_number" value="Bless You!">
    <input type="hidden" name="amount" value="300.00">
    <input type="hidden" name="no_note" value="1">
    <input type="hidden" name="currency_code" value="USD">
    <input type="image" src="https://www.paypal.com/images/x-click-but02.gif" border="0" name="submit" alt="Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!">
    </form>

XyZspineZyX
    we can & will be "more positive" when we get something to be positive ABOUT

you're new...great, welcome to the community, a lot (if not most) of us have been here since demo/launch

we've seen the pretty graphics (a lot of the time at 2FPS), we've seen all the pretty guns (that have amazingly similar damage) and we've gotten the pathces that cause as many probs as they solve

YES! Its a great game from a long standing line of great games.....UNFORTUNATELY the people that made those games (Red Storm) didnt make THIS one

UBISOFT did.....which means it was bought at a low bid & given just enough life support to get to market

it could without a doubt be the best FPS on the market IF Ubi cared past the fact they got our $$ and stand a good chance of getting more with xpacks

and as for your rather silly statement that the majority of players bought RvS for off-line play? Have you considered scaling down the dosage of whatever drugs you're on? It was sold as an ON-LINE shooter...granted the R6 series was traditionally SP, but RvS was designed for online play & billed as such

we should be more "positive"? show me something to be positive OVER besides vaporware and I will be

Message Edited on 07/20/0310:31PM by PxRGrimJack

XyZspineZyX
    PxRGrimJack wrote:
    - we can & will be "more positive" when we get
    - something to be positive ABOUT
    -
    - you're new...great, welcome to the community, a lot
    - (if not most) of us have been here since demo/launch
    -
    - we've seen the pretty graphics (a lot of the time at
    - 2FPS), we've seen all the pretty guns (that have
    - amazingly similar damage) and we've gotten the
    - pathces that cause as many probs as they solve
    -
    - YES! Its a great game from a long standing line of
    - great games.....UNFORTUNATELY the people that made
    - those games (Red Storm) didnt make THIS one
    -
    - UBISOFT did.....which means it was bought at a low
    - bid & given just enough life support to get to
    - market
    -
    - it could without a doubt be the best FPS on the
    - market IF Ubi cared past the fact they got our $$
    - and stand a good chance of getting more with xpacks
    -
    - and as for your rather silly statement that the
    - majority of players bought RvS for off-line play?
    - Have you considered scaling down the dosage of
    - whatever drugs you're on? It was sold as an ON-LINE
    - shooter...granted the R6 series was traditionally
    - SP, but RvS was designed for online play & billed as
    - such
    -
    - we should be more "positive"? show me something to
    - be positive OVER besides vaporware and I will be
    -
    -
    -
    - Message Edited on 07/20/03â 10:31PM by
    - PxRGrimJack

I'd agree with most of what you said. I think the game's good points far outweigh it's bad points on the whole. There is room for improvement, and I think that improvement will indeed come.

I didn't make my point about single player very clearly. What I meant was, I would put money that more people own and play this game offline, like alot of other titles (Il2 and Ghost Recon spring to mind) as opposed to online play.

XyZspineZyX
    UBI stated at the very start that Linux Dedi servers was to be supported. And yet there is no linux server and from what I can tell there never will be.

Most other games have a Linux either ready or nearly ready by the time of release. UBI - months later have stated "we are working on it.....Fook know when it will be released."

This in my opinion is not good enough. I am actually learning linux and part of my learning was to be hosting a RvS server. If there is not one in the next month or so I am going to have to host a BF1942 instead. This is quite sad as I was going to run my own clan for RvS but obiously if I run a BF1942 server I will run a clan for that instead.

Come on UBI!!!!!!!!!!!!

Medic6666

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast