Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 63

Thread: About the costs of packs. | Forums

Launch trailer - Might & Magic® X Legacy [UK]

Might & Magic X - Legacy - 4 New Classes Speed Painting trailer [UK]

Might and Magic X Legacy - The Gameplay trailer [UK]

Might & Magic X Legacy -- The Open Dev starts! [EUROPE]

  1. #1

    About the costs of packs.

    I had fully expected Void Rising to become available for gold when the new expansion came out. HOWEVER. I also expected the costs of everything related to the base set to decrease as well.

    Void Rising boxes dropped in price by 200 Seals. Why did "The Box" not also reduce by 200 seals? Not to mention the fact that the cost of the packs for gold remains UNCHANGED.


    Herald of the void stuff costs as much as Void Rising did. That's fine. I am okay with the latest expansion being the "Premium Cost".

    Void Rising's Box went down 200 seals and it's packs went to gold. That was also to be expected. However the fact they cost so much gold. Was NOT to be expected. Even if we have the daily login bonuses (Which are not a growing amount we GET each day. We have to SAVE it.). It would take 10 days plus before you even risked cashing in. But why would you when you've logged in for so much as is? I am personally going to save each day until I hit the max. And if there is no max. I WILL NEVER CASH IN MY LOGINS.

    Frankly what should have happened is Void Rising packs should either cost as much as the base set does at least.

    Ideally what I would like to see is Void Rising packs being the cost of the base set packs. The base set and hero packs should go down in cost. Void Rising box at 1000 seals. Base Set 800 Seals.


    I mean.. how are new players supposed to build up enough gold for anything if they have numerous sets to collect?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabbrewolf View Post
    Frankly what should have happened is Void Rising packs should either cost as much as the base set does at least.

    Ideally what I would like to see is Void Rising packs being the cost of the base set packs. The base set and hero packs should go down in cost. Void Rising box at 1000 seals. Base Set 800 Seals.

    I mean.. how are new players supposed to build up enough gold for anything if they have numerous sets to collect?
    This. Why so expensive really?


    - Elvin
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    23
    Look on the bright side
    .. void is at least available for gold which you earn while playing the game you love.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  4. #4
    why would I pay 18500 for a pack that is primarily sanctuary cards when I could pay less than that for the base which has the cards I actually need? So many base set cards are critical to make a functioning deck. Void Rising has a few Necro cards I want but the odds of getting them are slim.

    And if you say "Emilio's Pack" I will laugh in your face. 12 cards made up of the pool of THREE sets!? WHY would I pay that? If you are buying it to "Hopefully" get Herald Cards. You are DUMB.

    432 total cards in the game right now. 12 cards in the pack. Cards have BASICALLY a 2.7% chance of appearing. But you can't get doubles. The fact that half the cards are from the base set. you have a 23% chance of getting a card from Herald of the Voice. Which goes down every time one appears. That is just considering commons really. If you want one of the uncommons, rares, or even an EPIC from HoV. Your odds actually get a lot worse by my counting.


    So yeah. The Emilio Pack is throwing your gold away. Just like the Small pack.

    Also.. For logging in TWENTY FIVE DAYS in a row. We get a SINGLE small pack? Really? Why are so many achievements garbage rewards? "Cash in your first "Final Reward Day" Get a Small pack.

    Win 10 games in a row? 5 small packs.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabbrewolf View Post
    And if you say "Emilio's Pack" I will laugh in your face. 12 cards made up of the pool of THREE sets!? WHY would I pay that? If you are buying it to "Hopefully" get Herald Cards. You are DUMB.
    How else do you spend your gold to get Herald cards?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  6. #6
    You don't. It's a waste of gold. Unless ALL you need is Herald Cards. Then sure.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  7. #7
    Would love to get the higher ups to take a look at this. :| And hear their reasoning.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabbrewolf View Post
    Frankly what should have happened is Void Rising packs should either cost as much as the base set does at least.

    Ideally what I would like to see is Void Rising packs being the cost of the base set packs. The base set and hero packs should go down in cost. Void Rising box at 1000 seals. Base Set 800 Seals.


    I mean.. how are new players supposed to build up enough gold for anything if they have numerous sets to collect?
    Agreed.
    Base set could actually stay at the same prices as far as I concern, but since void rising is not "the premium cost" set anylonger, it should cost the same gold like the base set!
    Imagine 15 years in the past, you go to your local card shop and he says that all the boosters of MtG cost 48% more (than the FIRST set) AND the newest version actually costs even more!
    Insane :P
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  9. #9
    Another point to bring up. Jackpot Tournaments are effectively pointless. If you are capable of winning a jackpot tournament chances are you are pretty high ELO. Meaning a strong deck, meaning a strong card pool. Winning tons of gold doesn't mean **** to you because what are you going to spend it on? Premium packs to try and get all shinies. Which is purely vanity. But it has NO other function than that. Unless you want to just not get the new set of cards when they come out with seals and stubbornly wait until they finally stop costing seals. But that would make you not competitive. So you lose your games. So you have to spend money or grind levels again and again (Which seems like they would have a limit) until you can just buy a box with seals. While your gold sits uselessly in your account until you can buy premium packs later and just build premium vanity sets of your decks.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabbrewolf View Post
    Another point to bring up. Jackpot Tournaments are effectively pointless. If you are capable of winning a jackpot tournament chances are you are pretty high ELO. Meaning a strong deck, meaning a strong card pool. Winning tons of gold doesn't mean **** to you because what are you going to spend it on? Premium packs to try and get all shinies. Which is purely vanity. But it has NO other function than that. Unless you want to just not get the new set of cards when they come out with seals and stubbornly wait until they finally stop costing seals. But that would make you not competitive. So you lose your games. So you have to spend money or grind levels again and again (Which seems like they would have a limit) until you can just buy a box with seals. While your gold sits uselessly in your account until you can buy premium packs later and just build premium vanity sets of your decks.
    Somehow agree here too. The rich get the riches and the poor stay poor.
    (In an extreme point of view)
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •