Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AC4 Character idea - The Black Swan | Forums

Assassin?s Creed Unity Co-Op Gameplay Trailer [US]

Assassin?s Creed Unity Co-op Heist Mission Commented Demo [US]

The Assassin's Creed Experience - Comic-Con Day 3

Assassin?s Creed Unity Arno Master Assassin CG Trailer [US]

AC4 Character idea - The Black Swan

Ok, I haven't really thought much about a back story I just have a name and a terribly edited photo but you get the idea.The dress is a recoloured version from the Givenchy Haute Couture Spring 2011 collection which is just the base of my idea and open to change! This could even be a champion pack... as looking at, it seems quite different from the time period. But then again, so did the courtesan. this is just something I thought quickly when a magazine caught my eye with that dress [IMG][/IMG]

The idea was to bring back that sultry charm the courtesan had but with a persona that fitted the theme of the game.
    This picture doesn't show it but the costume would have a split down the middle of the legs(like the courtesan) and instead of heels she would have boots similar to the lady mavericks as well the small skirt she has that covers herself.

MY IDEA ( I would like to stress this is completely open to any suggestions)

Head:
    1) Dark mid length wavy hair with a centre parting - more untamed
    2) Dark mid length straight hair with centre parting
    3) dark long straight hair with a section covering face like the RedCoat

Main clothes: This would be the actual dress part - the opaque material however It would be more appropriate as a thicker material
    1) A tattered dress in a grey with small sleeves that are slightly torn not backless
    2) Improved quality in a darker grey with sleeves that reach above the elbow like the tricksters primary arms not backless
    3) perfect condition in a charcoal, smokey grey with sleeves reaching below the elbow. backless

Secondary clothes: The black section - in a lace
    1) Darker than the grey of the primary. Instead of the swan detail this would be just grey lace in feather shapes spread out like a fan with the detail shown on the sleeves and legs but not as neat and much more ragged.
    2)An even darker shade and the fanned feather shapes would be replaced by a pair of lace wings that would face opposite direction with the wing tips facing her shoulders and an improved quality
    3)Black lace with detail as shown in the picture in perfect condition.

Belt: I have no clue for this..

Legs: Boots similar to the mavericks
    1) dark grey
    2)charcoal grey maybe cross stich
    3) jet black

secondary colour: the back section that is shown in red
    1)pale red more orange toned
    2) deep blood red
    3) Scarlett shade of red

I don't know how weapons will be used but I thought a fan would be cool like the wing of the swan but that is running too close to the courtesan so maybe TWO FANS no just kidding maybe a blade with a winged hilt?
    again I'm totally open to positive criticism and please add ideas or say what might be better rather than just 'I don't like it@
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Hey, cool! Personally, I think there should be a mp character titles The Vagabond. It could be from pretty much any time period, which is handy. Really, I just think the word is too cool not to use, lol.

No offense intended to you, it's great that you're suggesting ideas for the developers to consider, but personally I wouldn't think a swan and the designs it brings to mind would ideally fit in a multiplayer with a strong pirate-based theme to it.

If the game was based around France's history, then perhaps it would suit the theme. After all, I could see an elegant female character wearing a swan based get-up when you consider the opulent and romantic designs that come from the country and its past time periods.

XBL: Saracchio
    PSN: Saracchio
    Assassin's Creed Wiki: Slate Vesper

Quote Originally Posted by Serrachio View Post
    No offense intended to you, it's great that you're suggesting ideas for the developers to consider, but personally I wouldn't think a swan and the designs it brings to mind would ideally fit in a multiplayer with a strong pirate-based theme to it.

If the game was based around France's history, then perhaps it would suit the theme. After all, I could see an elegant female character wearing a swan based get-up when you consider the opulent and romantic designs that come from the country and its past time periods.
    Thanks for the feedback! Upon doing some further research I found a pirated themed book entitled 'The Black Swan' which story is parallel to mine, so I could see her fitting in with the pirate theme. Bearing in mind all MP personas will not be pirates, so I think there is a place for her especially with the aquatic nature of the animal. Finally swans are not as elegant as one might think! They have been known to break limbs and even drown people. Which I think is totally appropriate as is believed to be beautiful and graceful but has the power to 'drown' or kill. But as I said this could even be a champion as it is extravagant for the era. Just a suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by TheShadowMau View Post
    Thanks for the feedback! Upon doing some further research I found a pirated themed book entitled 'The Black Swan' which story is parallel to mine, so I could see her fitting in with the pirate theme. Bearing in mind all MP personas will not be pirates, so I think there is a place for her especially with the aquatic nature of the animal. Finally swans are not as elegant as one might think! They have been known to break limbs and even drown people. Which I think is totally appropriate as is believed to be beautiful and graceful but has the power to 'drown' or kill. But as I said this could even be a champion as it is extravagant for the era. Just a suggestion.
    You raise fair points, and I suppose it really falls down to how the character is portrayed. At any rate, I would like to see her make an appearance in some form, though if it is for a pirate, she'd probably have to be a bit rougher round the edges and perhaps have a design using swan elements but centering around something like Aveline's gear from AC3: Liberation in the functionality of it.

You raise fair points, and I suppose it really falls down to how the character is portrayed. At any rate, I would like to see her make an appearance in some form, though if it is for a pirate, she'd probably have to be a bit rougher round the edges and perhaps have a design using swan elements but centering around something like Aveline's gear from AC3: Liberation in the functionality of it.
    I didn't originally see her as being a pirate, more of a pirate accomplice, trading the plans of the law-enforces hunting the pirates and in return would receive a portion of wealth the pirates found. However, if she was to be developed into a more pirate like type I totally agree.

I have in fact thought of another female persona for AC4 which I don't know if i'll post as clearly these threads get little feedback
    Last edited by TheShadowMau; 05-15-2013 at 10:06 PM. Reason: I can't believe with 133 views there has only been 3 replies!

I didn't originally see her as being a pirate, more of a pirate accomplice, trading the plans of the law-enforces hunting the pirates and in return would receive a portion of wealth the pirates found. However, if she was to be developed into a more pirate like type I totally agree.

I have in fact thought of another female persona for AC4 which I don't know if i'll post as clearly these threads get little feedback
    I think what threw me for a loop was how functional her outfit would be in the pirate setting, but if she does take on more of a role as a prostitute would, perhaps a high-class one, a swan outfit would kind of work, but not in how the dress trails near the feet as it does. From a realistic view, and considering she'd need to free-run since all the multiplayer characters do, it might need altering on a character model.

My previous judgements have been more impulsive and based on a quick glance, but the idea is growing on me.

I think what threw me for a loop was how functional her outfit would be in the pirate setting, but if she does take on more of a role as a prostitute would, perhaps a high-class one, a swan outfit would kind of work, but not in how the dress trails near the feet as it does. From a realistic view, and considering she'd need to free-run since all the multiplayer characters do, it might need altering on a character model.

My previous judgements have been more impulsive and based on a quick glance, but the idea is growing on me.
    Ah yes I forgot to include that I planned for it to be of a similar length as the courtesans without any trail or length that may get caught
    Do you have any suggestions for a belt or weapon? Would appreciate any ideas as it may trigger another

Ah yes I forgot to include that I planned for it to be of a similar length as the courtesans without any trail or length that may get caught
    Do you have any suggestions for a belt or weapon? Would appreciate any ideas as it may trigger another
    Well, typically the women based on courtesans in the series have gone with fans or daggers, because I can see how they'd be concealed, but if you're going for a truly unique character that doesn't use a dagger, I'd suggest a small baton or a claw based weapon that is essentially a gauntlet with extended tips, in the manner of how females are likely to have false nails added.

Out of the two which would be more likely given the theme, a baton would seem more suitable. But, I wouldn't dismiss tools that you'd expect around the time period, especially since the Lady Maverick's alternates are a hook and a sword.

Well, typically the women based on courtesans in the series have gone with fans or daggers, because I can see how they'd be concealed, but if you're going for a truly unique character that doesn't use a dagger, I'd suggest a small baton or a claw based weapon that is essentially a gauntlet with extended tips, in the manner of how females are likely to have false nails added.

Out of the two which would be more likely given the theme, a baton would seem more suitable. But, I wouldn't dismiss tools that you'd expect around the time period, especially since the Lady Maverick's alternates are a hook and a sword.
    I think the claw idea is perfect, but not like a whole hand just individual finger guards with the sharp elongated tips in a blood red

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast