Thread: Far Cry and Windows 8 | Forums

Map Editor | Far Cry 4 [UK]

Far Cry 4 | Kyrat Tuk Tuk Stories [EUROPE]

Far Cry® 4 Arena Master [UK]

CGI Launch Trailer | Far Cry 4 [PSN] [UK]

Far Cry and Windows 8

Hello,

Ok, just got me a windows 8 64 bit. When I try and download Far Cry 1, I get a prompt saying ""Run setup32.exe on 32 bit Windows or run setup64.exe on 64 bit Windows!"

Ok I'm not techy by any means, so can someone give me simple steps on how to fix this? (Where to go, what to download, where to download it, what destination file to download it too) so I can get this up and running? I mean simple instructions, I'm not a tech guru. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Rhino
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Hi Rhino, please open a ticket with Technical Support, the link is in my signature.
    Ubisoft Community Manager

Technical Support
    Twitter Support
    Facebook Support

Unfortunately, Far Cry is not supported on Windows 8. It is only supported on Windows 98SE/2000/XP (Only).

I have included a link below to the game's minimum requirements:

http://ubisoft.custhelp.com/app/answ...45/p/88%2C1086
    Cabster88
    Email Support Agent
    Ubisoft Support NCSA
    http://support.ubi.com/

Far Cry 3 Elite Member CDCRenegade's Avatar
    On the net you can find some 64bit paches - I´ve run FC1 on win7 64 bit - so maybe if you install one of the patches it will run on win8

http://www.moddb.com/games/far-cry/d...-cry-132-patch
    http://forums.ubi.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1403181&dateline=1366  039922

Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds

Another way to put XP in Win 8 is via virtualization, I'm not up to speed on latest devs in 3D game performance in this area especially with regards to original FarCry, but they keep putting out new releases of platforms like "VirtualBox" might be worth researching..
    Last edited by AlwaysHope; 05-21-2013 at 12:59 PM.
    i7 860 - GA-P55A-UD6 - RipjawsX 1600MHz 8GB - HD7870 GHz edition 2GB - X-Fi Titanium - 2 x WD1002FAEX - Corsair AX760

Installing Far Cry on Windows 8 64bit

After some trial and error, I installed the first Far Cry game on Windows 8 64bit and it appears to work fine. After installing all the patches up to 1.4 the mouse did not work so i ended up uninstalling and did the following:

- when installing do not select the option to install DirectX 9
    - once installed i then installed patch 1.1 and patch 1.3 only. I did not install the other patches which appear to be for 32bit versions and somone in another forum said not to install 1.33 and 1.4.
    - i then found the executable file, right clicked and in the properties option and selected the compatability tab. I then selecteds the option "run in compatability mode for XP".

I then started the game and it has worked fine although i'm on level 2 so its possible there may be problems down the line. However the mouse works and graphics look good. Works for me.

I run farcry on 8.1 fine. I had to use compatible mode tho or I got nothing.