06/05- please see this updated FAQ http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...VI-patch-2-1-0
Ubi-Mush Update 04/05: we are aware some of you are suffering issues still, please be aware we are working to correct these and we apologise and thank you for your patience as we correct these issues.
Please note: none of your content is lost and will reappear once this work has been carried out.
Those with issues with keys, these are not broken and will be fixed as soon as possible.
Steam users- if you see Shades of Darkness in your list you are correctly updated. Please ensure you restart Steam.
New purchase of Standard, Gold, Deluxe Editions- we are aware of a menu issue and are working to correct this.
Some have found this workaround useful- http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...es-of-Darkness!
IMPORTANT: patch 2.1 is available
Heroes,Here is some news! After having tested several options, we won’t be able to propose retail EFIGS and Digital EFIGS+POL+HUN+CZE+KOR patches through auto-patching (except for Steam). The other versions are fine!
Here is two links to download the patch 2.1 directly for these versions:
The patch 2.1 is huge and contains both SoD content and over +160 bugs (check out release notes here http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...ch-2-1-release).
As for your purchase:
- if you have Heroes 6 game installed on your PC and you have received earlier a key for Heroes 6: Shades of Darkness or the Complete Edition, please launch the game and redeem the key from the main menu.
- if you don’t have Heroes 6 game installed on your PC: please connect to Uplay or Steam (depending on the chosen store) and redeem your key.
Please, keep us updated if you encounter any issues. We will keep monitoring discussions on the official boards.
Hello Heroes, You have been waiting for this news for long and we want first to apologize for the delay. Next week, we are going to release the eagerly awaited 2.1 update that will improve your gaming experience. Currently under heavy testing before release, this patch includes lots of bugs fixes, including many multiplayer and gameplay corrections. The dev team has fixed also many other unlisted issues. This patch will also contain the long awaited fix for the infamous Town Screen Nvidia crash! Kudos to Nvidia teams for helping us on this issue. Moreover, we have checked out bug reports you have submitted on the forum and have fixed some of them, for instance:
- Fix of sound distortion during combats and movements
- Fix for “Rush!” ability and many other ones
- Incorrect appearance of in game Chat widget
- And more…
Thank you all for your feedback & support. 4.14. Patch 2.1 release notes
- Bug Fixes
- Fix for the Nvidia crash when entering Town Screen. Feedback here http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...n-game-crashes
- Ahribban's ability "Ill Blood" can be cast on undead units, even if they are stated to be immune to any form mind control effects.
- The "Death is Not the End" ability will cause opposing units to receive the "Cleave" effect more then once per combat.
- The "Immolation" skill awarded by the "Succubus Master" deals less damage then stated in the description.
- The "Renew", "Renew, Mass" and "Healing Waves" spells will heal the same unit twice during the same turn if it should receive good morale.
- The Griffin will lose its good morale for the turn if the creature uses its "Diving Assault" ability when receiving the bonus.
- The Imperial Griffin creature can use its special ability while frozen.
- When the AI controls the Dream Walker, it does not use it's "Sky and Earth" ability.
- Improperly created entry in the extended event log for when the Blazing Glory uses the "Searing Light" ability.
- The "Martyr" skill will create an invalid entry in the extended event log.
- Pit Lords that use the "Boundless Hate" ability against Cerberus units will not gain the "Eye of Gluttony" effect.
- The Breeder Mother's "Mana Leech" ability will not create an entry in the extended event log.
- The damage to structures will not be shown in the tooltip of the Ravager's "Unstoppable Charge" ability.
- The Lacerator's ability "Exploding Spikes" deals 100% damage even if the description states it deals 25% of normal damage.
- The Lilim's "Enthrall" ability will not cause an entry in the combat log when used.
- The "Inner Fire" ability does not fully describe what it does when selecting the unit on which the ability will be casted upon.
- The Breath of Vermin ability's tooltip does not contain the full description.
- The number of turns in which the "Doom" skill will take effect is not displayed on the tooltip for each unit when the spell is cast.
- The user is able to cast the "Necromancy" skill on large, dead creatures that have a small unit placed on top of them.
- The Pearl Priestess' "Waves of Renewal" skill will heal for less then the value stated on the unit being affected by the effect.
- The damage caused by the Dreamweaver's "Sky and Earth" spell does not appear on the skill's tooltip.
- The damage of the "Goblin Traps" skill is much higher then stated in the description
- Time Stasis spell can be casted on Mother Breeder but without having any effect (only visual).
- The growth rate for the stack of Elementals guarding the "Mask of the False Face" is to low.
- Wrong texture for creatures in duel when fighting the unit guarding the first Elemental Conflux
- The abilities of a dynasty weapon equipped by a secondary hero at the transition between maps remain in the hero's spellbook after the weapon has been changed.
- The achievement "Out of the Life of Fire" is unlocked even if Cate's breath hits multiple targets
- Anton has his head detached from the body during the cutscene "The Duke's Justice" when the hero is converted to Magic Affinity.
- The game gets stuck in the "Dynasty Traits" selection window if the user presses Quick-load hotkey immediately after confirming a Defeat message.
- The game enters an unresponsive state when the user defeats Tor-Berith for the first time, outside the designated area.
- Status shifting pointer during the last fight on the map, between Azkaal and Xana
- The gates near Castlecross are opening even if the hero is defeated by Cordelia
- The Librarian's banner is placed too low
- When the adventure map is fully zoomed in, VFX are missing from Sarah's hair from her hero card and background story window
- For one of the secondary heroes, Airini, the movement on the map is not visible
- Misleading information about the rewards for the two secondary quests ("Time for New Ways" and "Might Makes Right") when a reputation upgrade has been made before completing the quest "Tera Firma"
- After quit to desktop and loading the first autosave on the map, the quests tab is greyed out
- The "Sword of the Wolf " dynasty weapon can be equipped in Offline mode
- In the The King of the Savage Sea cinematic, Crag Hack is moving in frames
- A corrupted texture appears on the main menu's background image after changing resolutions.
- The user can load a save game made on a deleted custom map
- A menu with no functionality will be displayed to the host in the lobby.
- The user can delete his last hero after he accepts an invite into a Multiplayer lobby
- The user can quit to Desktop after he accepts an invite into a Multiplayer session
- The map description can be modified when entering the game for the first time.
- "Respecialize" will not reset the spells tooltips to their initial value if those spells were imbued prior to Respecialize.
- Overlapping text for the numbers exceeding 8 digits, in the End Game Statistics.
- Host cannot send game invites to clients that disconnected in the lobby.
- Improperly HUD in combat after a defeated player end his game.
- The movement path created from a medium to another (from land to water or vice versa) does not take into account the change of medium
- Host cannot send game invites to clients that disconnected in the lobby.
- Hosts cannot ban clients from joining their games.
- The multiplayer session can't be continued if the host loses his connection during a battle between two clients
- The session remains stuck if the user which has been defeated doesn't presses OK on the Defeat window, and the victorious user attacks the other hero inside town walls
- After a Sanctuary player uses the level 4 racial ability and attacks an enemy unit, the enemy unit's tooltips will show a high number of dead creatures.
- The "Crematorium" building doesn't work properly.
- After losing connection as a host during the Hero Reputation Upgrade cinematic or Castle Convert cinematic, on the next map the host will remain stuck on the map
- If the host loses his connection in a Multiplayer lobby and then regains it before time-out, no client will be able to join the server afterwards
- The game skips AI's turn if the Client exists the game on his turn on the first day
- Empty drop-list, when the server switch between Attacker and Defender option within Duel Mode
- [Duel] Griffin's first phase of his ability doesn't work properly when the creature receives damage before he starts flying
- The user receives two achievements when he enters for the first time in a multiplayer duel session.
- Host is unable to start the session if the client experiences a short internet connection loss while joining the game.
- In a two team mode multiplayer session the defenders' ally can see the attackers' HUD and use it.
- [The Fortunes of Captain Hack] Missing collision box for a mountain placed near the 3-rd slot default castle
- In the multiplayer sessions lobby, the user can't switch from the top level to the underground level on the minimaps.
- Title displays two pop-up messages when terminating the connection and attempting to invite a friend to your game.
- A saved game is key sensitive although the account name isn't
- ALT key pause-freezes the game while in window mode but the in-game time is still running on the multiplayer setting windows
- The session remains stuck in a Multiplayer Standard session, on Ai's turn, if the host presses right click on the town during the client turn and then the client leaves the session