Thread: Can anyone provide an indepth description on Jackpot tournaments and how they work? | Forums

Launch trailer - Might & Magic® X Legacy [UK]

Might & Magic X - Legacy - 4 New Classes Speed Painting trailer [UK]

Might and Magic X Legacy - The Gameplay trailer [UK]

Might & Magic X Legacy -- The Open Dev starts! [EUROPE]

Can anyone provide an indepth description on Jackpot tournaments and how they work?

The title says it all. I havnt tried one of these yet but from things ive pieced together in different threads it sounds confusing. I know you fight people and gain elo, and there are tiers, but I have no idea how those tiers work and how you actually get Gold from the process. Does 1 ticket enter you into the tournament for the day? Do you get gold at the end of the day based on what tier you ended up in? What advice can you give for someone just stepping into Jackpot tournaments? Anything you could tell me would be very helpful. Thanks!!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

There are two tourneys, jackpot and swiss that alternate with every day. Today for instance we have jackpot, tomorrow will be swiss.

Jackpot starts you at 0 elo and every victory against same elo gives you 30 points. According to how many people played you will be in the top x/y/z people and gain a sum of gold accordingly. Typically 90 elo will give you 4k, 120 elo will give you 8k and so on. Those numbers are not fixed and are subject to change everyday but on average you can expect what you will get. Your general elo plays no role to whom you are matched with but is still affected. You just cannot know what other people's general elo is as you can only see their jackpot elo.

Swiss is more random. Pretty much anyone can join so you may be paired with a monster or a newbie from the very beginning. It is not free like jackpot, you can only access it with tickets. And whether you make it to the third round depends on your victories or losses. If you start with 2 losses you are out, if you win one of the two games you have a chance for emilio pack I think. First place gets premium void pack, second gets normal void pack and third place MAY get an Emilio pack. And I say may because more than one players can share the third place so who gets the pack depends on their break points. Break points depend on the general rating of the opponents you have faced until now but not sure exactly how it works.

Overall, both are better to join if you have a solid deck or else they will be a waste of your time. If you win one, lose one, win one, lose one in jackpot you will end up with.. 0 elo. You need consecutive victories to accumulate some elo and two defeats in a row can mess up your score. But at least you can expect to face weaker players in your first few games which is not the case with swiss. There anyone goes, you may easily lose or find yourself in top 3. There you just hope you won't be paired with good players.

- Elvin

Quote Originally Posted by Elementalist. View Post
    Jackpot starts you at 0 elo and every victory against same elo gives you 30 points.
    At the beginning but the higher you get and the lower you gains.

If you start with 2 losses you are out, if you win one of the two games you have a chance for emilio pack I think. First place gets premium void pack, second gets normal void pack and third place MAY get an Emilio pack.
    Are you sure ?
    Emilio is not randomly given to a player who finished his 3 matches and is not 1st or 2nd ?

Overall, both are better to join if you have a solid deck or else they will be a waste of your time. If you win one, lose one, win one, lose one in jackpot you will end up with.. 0 elo.
    True but you'll end up with 1 Elo.
    0 is if you never did a match.

Futur Robin, Invoker of Loss and Dungeon player
    If ever they came to be...

It should also be noted that, when you play in Jackpot tournaments, you are awarded less gold per duel than you normally would.

I am assuming it is that "missing" gold that is pooled and forms the eponymous jackpot.

What this means is that you actually end up winning less gold than might appear at first.

For example, yesterday I played in the Jackpot tournament, but didn't have much time and only won 5 matches to end up with a score of ~120 (over the course of 6 matches). Once the tournament was over, I got placed in 5th tier and was awarded ~5200 gold. Since every match that I won only gave me ~170 (as opposed to ~850 normally), what I really gained was only 1700 gold or so (so I did win more than I normally would have, but I didn't really get a free 5k gold for just playing 6 matches). Obviously, the better your perform, the more rewards you really end up getting. But as already mentioned, if you keep winning and losing and stay at around 1 Elo, then you are actually *losing* gold from your matches (and probably making someone else happier in the process :P).

I wish I had the exact tiers/payouts/breakpoints but, as already mentioned, part of them are based on the total amount of players. All I can say is that the payouts seem to double each tier (in my previous example, I probably would've gained an extra 5k gold if I'd just gotten a few points more to put into the 4th tier bracket, which was probably at around 125 Elo or something, since there are a lot of equal scores in the lower brackets and a single loss or win can move you several spots).

Just play the minum amount of matches and calculate your position manually.
    I had rating of 61 and despite the claim on these forums that i need minimum amount of 90 to qualify for 5th tier, i found out that i qualified top 25% easily. As i need minimum of 30% and have a pretty bad deck, i just left it at that.
    As the previous poster had won 5 matches for 120 and scored same tier, need i say more? Just keep calculate and leave some room for error. Just divide your current position between total participants and you know where you're standing.I had 3 won matches and 1 lost one, for total of 5200. Pretty good i think.

OK so a quick and i hope a clean response.

Each jackpot is a torunament made in shape of the standard ranking play.
    You start with 0 points and progress playing with ppl around the same "jackpot elo".
    70% out of the winnings of each game in jackpot is transfered towards the pot of the tournament.

There are currently 6 tiers in which you can qualify
    tier 6 - 30%-100% no reward
    tier 5 - 12%-30% reward x1
    tier 4 - 6%-12% reward x2
    tier 3 - 2%-6% reward x4
    tier 2 - 1%-2% reward x8
    tier 1 - 0%-1% reward x16

from a mathematical perspective its sums up to 30% getting 70% of the winnings.
    How to count how much will you win?
    T1 = 1x16 = 16
    T2 = 1x8 = 8
    T3 = 4x4 = 16
    T4 = 6x2 = 12
    T5 = 18x1 = 18

that sums up to 18+12+16+8+16 = 70

Now you need to count how many ppl are in the jackpot, and how big is the jackpot.
    1x = Jackpot_value / (amount_of_people * 0.7)

example: if the jackpot is 10 000 000 and there are 2000ppl in the jackpot.
    1x = 10000000 / (2000 * 0.7) = 7142

Assuming the above 10m jackpot and 2k ppl, for each tier you will get:
    T5: 1x = 7142
    T4: 2x = 14284
    T3: 4x = 28568
    T2: 8x = 57136
    T1: 16x = 114272

As it is today, you will most likely get about 8m in jackpot and about 2300 players - that would give the base value of x about 4969

Hope it helps

Nice calculating mate. I'm so jealous on people who can actually do some math

How can you tell how many people are in the tournament?

How can you tell how many people are in the tournament? Just scroll down?