Thread: Assassin's Creed install problem | Forums

Assassin's Creed Unity Make History Trailer [US]

Assassin?s Creed Unity ? Wear the Phantom Blade Replica

Assassin?s Creed Unity Cast of Characters Trailer [US]

Assassin?s Creed Unity Story Trailer [US]

Assassin's Creed install problem

I purchased Assassins Creed III Special Edition and received a download link. I then downloaded it through the Ubisoft Download Manager.
    First problem. I always get the issue that around 97% the download stops and I can't resume it (the orange button changes to pause and then seconds later to resume again automatically). I need to restart the PC to be able to resume the download.

Once I managed to download all the files, I double click the "Assassins_Creed_III_Setup.part01.exe".
    Second problem. I get the error "This version of the file is not compatible with the version of Windows you're running. Check you computer's system information to see wether you need an x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit) version of the program, and then contact the software publisher." My OS is Windows Vista 64 bit. I tried to download the files again a second time, but ran into the exact same problems again. I also tried to "repair" the downloaded folder by running the download manager again, and letting it check the downloaded files. Each time I do that, it redownloads some 700MB file (and each time extra .tmp files gets added to the folder). It doesn't solve the problem. I also have no idea what that .hdr file is for. Anyway, here's an image of the files I have. Please help!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Community Manager Ubi-MoshiMoshi's Avatar
    Hi, have you opened a ticket with Technical Support? the link is in my signature.
    Ubisoft Community Manager

Technical Support
    Twitter Support
    Facebook Support

Yes actually, they are in the process of solving my issue. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by g.dbelder View Post
    Yes actually, they are in the process of solving my issue. Thank you.
    Let me know if they found you a solution. I am having the same exact problem, but mine stops at 95%. Same issues.