Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Far Cry news: sequel, console versions, demo content... | Forums

KYRAT SERIES 2 - Midlands and Himalayas | Far Cry 4 [PSN] [UK]

Kyrat Edition Trailer | Far Cry 4 [UK]

Survive Kyrat | Far Cry 4 [PSN] [UK]

What are you made of? | Far Cry 4 [UK]

XyZspineZyX
    Thought you guys might like to check this out...

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=53102

'Far Cry is set for a mid November release via Ubi Soft, and Yeril was happy to admit that a sequel to its warmly received FPS would get underway as soon as its first game was in the can. "Yes, we will be doing a sequel, and we'll be using an enhanced version of the CRY engine," he revealed'

'A single player demo, based around the Research level shown off at ECTS will be released in advance of the game's release, but, according to Yeril "not until it is almost entirely bug free"'

Sounds good, bring it on!!! [img]/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif[/img]
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

XyZspineZyX
    Thought you guys might like to check this out...

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=53102

'Far Cry is set for a mid November release via Ubi Soft, and Yeril was happy to admit that a sequel to its warmly received FPS would get underway as soon as its first game was in the can. "Yes, we will be doing a sequel, and we'll be using an enhanced version of the CRY engine," he revealed'

'A single player demo, based around the Research level shown off at ECTS will be released in advance of the game's release, but, according to Yeril "not until it is almost entirely bug free"'

Sounds good, bring it on!!! [img]/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif[/img]

XyZspineZyX
    thanks for posting but the link seemed to not work on my computer i dunno but yeah thanks

XyZspineZyX
    The Newb is like, totally here man!

Demo... Sequel... Release date...agagag drools.

I dont usually do this but I think you will forgive me if I say: w00t! w00t! w00t!

And I aint gonna do that again untill we get our demo.

He is The Newb
    The one who shall bring balance and stupid comments to the web
    The one who can end the war against the l33t
    He is The Newb

XyZspineZyX
    yeah, the site seems to be down now, I knew I should have cut and paste the whole article [img]/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif[/img]
    Hopefully the link will start working when the sites back, if not www.eurogamer.net should definitely start working some time soon. Sorry about that.
    Anyway, keypoints (that I remember) were:

There WILL be a sequel

The sequel will use an enhanced version of the Cryengine

An Xbox version is almost certain, a PS2 version MAY be possible

Console versions will not be done by Crytek

The demo will arrive sometime before the full game, but it will not be released until it is as bug free as possible.

No mention of the previously touted end of summer demo release date, looks like October is gonna drag as bad as August and September then [img]/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif[/img]

Ok, the eurogamer site is still screwed, I got it to work long enought to extract the following...

"Crytek's lauded PC FPS Far Cry is to get a sequel, the firm's executive vice president Faruk Yeril told Eurogamer at last week's ECTS.

Far Cry is set for a mid November release via Ubi Soft, and Yeril was happy to admit that a sequel to its warmly received FPS would get underway as soon as its first game was in the can. "Yes, we will be doing a sequel, and we'll be using an enhanced version of the CRY engine," he revealed.

But Yeril admitted the deal with the French publisher did not extend to a sequel; a fact which ought to jolt a few publishers into action. "It's just a one game deal with Ubi," Yeril said.

Meanwhile, Yeril also revealed that console versions of Far Cry were being considered, with an Xbox version almost certain and a "possible" PS2 version. Both versions will be handled by an external developer, however, and judging by the demands likely to be placed on the Sony console by the mightily impressive CRY engine, it would take a supreme effort on the part of the conversion studio to do it justice.

The Caribbean island-based FPS turned plenty of heads at ECTS, and even picked up the show's Best PC Game gong for its richly detailed environments, convincing physics and impressive AI.

A single player demo, based around the Research level shown off at ECTS will be released in advance of the game's release, but, according to Yeril "not until it is almost entirely bug free". Wow, an efficient PC developer. Now there's a thing.

Mod fans should be happy too, with "incredibly easy to use tools" being shipped with the game. According to Yeril, "the CRY engine is so flexible you could make a racing game or even a flight sim with it". It may not have recieved the hype of Valve or ID's respective engines, but it looks set to give both a run for their money.

We had a good crack at Far Cry and will be bringing you our first impressions of this immensely promising title very soon."

Message Edited on 09/02/0311:20AM by R0CkW3LL

XyZspineZyX
    more detail from Eurogamer:
    http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=53103

Just noticed this little bit of info:
    "The game is set to ship on November 28th with 16 single player levels, six multiplayer maps, 22 weapons and the possibility of mod tools too. "We'll maybe release them at the same time as the game," said Yeril, "but possibly a few months later, we'll have to wait and see"."

Message Edited on 09/02/0302:16PM by R0CkW3LL

XyZspineZyX
    Enhanced CryEngine?

And just when you thought it couldn't get any better. [img]/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif[/img]

XyZspineZyX
    Look, it says:

"The game is set to ship on November 28th with 16 single player levels, six multiplayer maps, 22 weapons and the possibility of mod tools too. "We'll maybe release them at the same time as the game," said Yeril, "but possibly a few months later, we'll have to wait and see""

And somewhere it said there would be 9 islands and 13 weapons. What up with the f**cking bad info about htis game?

There is nothing more satisfying that having someone take a shot at you, and miss.

XyZspineZyX
    whitsh ot the Yeril brothers said this Faruk, avni or Sevat cause Yeril is there surename. [img]/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif[/img]

keep it real for now

go to the Operation Archangel web site

http://home.publishnet.nl/~pvermaas/oa/

XyZspineZyX
    Thanks for the link Rockw3ll the more info i get the better.
    Hopefully Ubisoft and Crytek stick to their release date for far cry it will be the best shipping time around the Early-Mid november times seeming everyone will be so excited and anxious to play the game that when it hits shelves there will be a big rush to run out and grab it.
    [img]/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast