Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Splinter Cell Conviction/ Windows 8 | Forums

Spider-Bot | Splinter Cell Blacklist | Companion App

Fourth Echelon Economy 101 | Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

Out of the Shadows - Splinter Cell Blacklist Dev Panel

J. Cole Trailer - Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

Splinter Cell Conviction/ Windows 8

I'm trying to play Splinter Cell Conviction on PC/ windows 8, But it keep tell you operating system not supported. How to fix this?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Hello Dak-310... you cannot fix this "operating system not supported" message because Microsoft Windows 8 is not a supported Operating System (Minimum Requirements for Splinter Cell: Conviction). That being said, "not supported" does not necessarily mean Splinter Cell Conviction won't work/run; in fact, Splinter Cell Conviction works just fine with MS Windows 8, but you'll have to put up with the launch nag "operating system not supported". Hope this helps.

Good luck.

I have same issue. the popup gives me the option to continue anyway, ignoring the warning. But when I do, it launches uplay, and when I click on the big "PLAY" button, it says in a "long yellow colored bar at the top of the window", "unable to start the game. Please check that your game has been installed correctly. If the problem persists please contact Ubisoft Support." Sounds like it really isn't compatible to me. HELP PLEASE!!!!

hi there, guys. Well, I had the same problem. I fix this going to game.exe and activated the "run as windows 7" option. Give a try. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by YanMassumy View Post
    hi there, guys. Well, I had the same problem. I fix this going to game.exe and activated the "run as windows 7" option. Give a try. Good luck.
    Hello YanMassumu... dude, thank you so much. Excellent fix... I don't know why I didn't think of this myself... LOL. It took the "launch nag" away entirely.

Thank you again
    Last edited by Green.Hornet; 06-14-2013 at 04:33 AM.

I get the same error message ( See Below )

Operating System Not Supported I have tried the Win 7 Fix ( this is a new laptop with windows 8 pre installed ), so I was doubtful to begin with this would work, my specs on this HP Laptop are more than capaible or running this game, Splinter Cell Series Runs Fine, So does Fifa 13 and PES 13, GTA V all run no probs.

once logged into U play ( useless by all accounts big brother watching us ), the game updates the patch then closes.

Very poor of Ubisoft not to release a Win 8 patch, there again Win 8 Is a pile of stinking MudButt to begin with.

Looks like this is getting returned unless someone ( god forbid UBISOFT ) coming up with a Fix.. THAT WORKS.

Roll on Rainbow Six Patriot

Hi all.

SC works in win 8. just go tho the start.exe and under properties. chose compatibility wiht Windows 7.

No problem...

I have this game on steam, I fixed my issue by running UbisoftGameInstaller.exe located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Conviction\redist.

Here is he official answer from ubisoft:
    Unfortunately, the game is not supported on your operating system (Windows 8.1). It is only supported on Windows Vista (SP2) / Windows 7 (SP1).

You can try running the game in compatibility mode but if that does not work, there is nothing further we can do to make the game run. There are no plans to update this game to be compatible with Windows 8.

Quote Originally Posted by DriverChief View Post
    I have this game on steam, I fixed my issue by running UbisoftGameInstaller.exe located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Conviction\redist.
    This solution actually works for me, thanks!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast