Thread: Heroes of might and magic VI "Ubisoft Game Launcher: Error code 2" | Forums

Launch trailer - Might & Magic® X Legacy [UK]

Might & Magic X - Legacy - 4 New Classes Speed Painting trailer [UK]

Might and Magic X Legacy - The Gameplay trailer [UK]

Might & Magic X Legacy -- The Open Dev starts! [EUROPE]

Heroes of might and magic VI "Ubisoft Game Launcher: Error code 2"

So everytime I try to start Heroes of might and magiv VI, this thing comes up saying "Ubisoft Game Launcher: Error code 2". I know there are several other threads about this but none of the solutions that worked for them, work for me. I've tried the following things:
    1. Making the game.exe into a shortcut and then going into properties and adding "/offline" at the end. Didn't work.
    2. Reinstalling ubisoft game launcher using link given from ubisoft website. Didn't work. (here's the link http://static3.cdn.ubi.com/orbit/lau...rInstaller.exe)

Now, from the information I've gathered it seems that the problem is that I can find the Ubisoft game launcher folder, but when I go to control panel and try to uninstall game launcher, it's not there. This is apparently what's causing the problem (according to diverse forums).

Please respond as soon as you can, I really look forward to playing the game.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Woops

I'm in the wrong forum :P

Not anymore, now in the correct forum

To resolve this issue, you will need to manually install the Uplay PC software, which handles the online authentication in the game. Please note that this software MUST be installed to play the game, and cannot be uninstalled or disabled.

1. First, you will need to uninstall the "Ubisoft Game Launcher" software from the 'Add/Remove Programs' (Windows XP) / 'Programs and Features' (Windows Vista, 7, and 8) icon in your computer's control panel.
    It's possible that the "Ubisoft Game Launcher" software will not be listed if you have already uninstalled it, or the game. If so, you can skip this step.
    Then, you will need to uninstall the "Uplay" software from the 'Add/Remove Programs' (Windows XP) / 'Programs and Features' (Windows Vista, 7, and 8) icon in your computer's control panel.
    It's possible that the "Uplay" software will not be listed if you have already uninstalled it, or the game. If so, you can skip this step.

2. After uninstalling the software, you will need to manually delete any leftover files in the C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher (32-bit versions of Windows) or C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher (64-bit versions of Windows). Please do not skip this step, it is very important. If this folder does not exist, please go to the next step.

3. Reinstall the Uplay PC Client software from here or the Uplay site. Once installed, you should be able to start the game!
    Ubisoft Community Manager

Technical Support
    Twitter Support
    Facebook Support

I did what you told me but the "Error code 2" popup still appears. Another thing, I don't know if this was supposed to happen, but when I clicked your link to download Uplay, it downloaded Ubisoft game launcher instead. I made sure I did exactly what you wrote, tried several times too.

And also, when I went into the control panel to uninstall the Ubisoft game launcher (I have Windows 7), the ubisoft game launcher wasn't there, so I just manually deleted the game launcher folder.

Hi, yes this error is usually about the Ubisoft Game Launcher.

I suggest opening a ticket with Technical Support, there maybe some delay this weekend, the link is in my signature.
    Ubisoft Community Manager

Technical Support
    Twitter Support
    Facebook Support

Ok, thanks for trying though.