Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Desmond replaceable? | Forums

The Assassin's Creed Experience - Comic-Con Day 3

Assassin?s Creed Unity Arno Master Assassin CG Trailer [US]

The Assassin's Creed Experience - Comic-Con Day 2

The Assassin's Creed Experience - Comic-Con Day 1

Is Desmond replaceable?

I've been wondering this for a while now. I know that many fans consider the guy a boring character (I honestly don't understand the hate), but this guy was like the gold of the Assassins. He had the richest ancestry out of all Animus subjects. He even had the "look" of the someone special (more-so in Assassin's Creed III). I don't think this guy is replaceable, and I think, with the apparent death of him, the modern-day gameplay of future ''Assassin's Creed'' games will suck.

People hated Desmond, but this guy was about as good as it gets when your talking about a pure Assassin. He trained from a young age, had immensely rich ancestry, and just all-around had the look of a prophet or something (opinion). The only way I see him getting replaced is if the next modern-day Assassin looks as badass as Desmond did (in Assassin's Creed III) and has an ancestry so rich that they might as well be considered First Civilization. What do you guys think?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Quote Originally Posted by HeedfulMass4856 View Post
    I've been wondering this for a while now. I know that many fans consider the guy a boring character (I honestly don't understand the hate), but this guy was like the gold of the Assassins. He had the richest ancestry out of all Animus subjects. He even had the "look" of the someone special (more-so in Assassin's Creed III). I don't think this guy is replaceable, and I think, with the apparent death of him, the modern-day gameplay of future ''Assassin's Creed'' games will suck.

People hated Desmond, but this guy was about as good as it gets when your talking about a pure Assassin. He trained from a young age, had immensely rich ancestry, and just all-around had the look of a prophet or something (opinion). The only way I see him getting replaced is if the next modern-day Assassin looks as badass as Desmond did (in Assassin's Creed III) and has an ancestry so rich that they might as well be considered First Civilization. What do you guys think?
    I don't understand the hate either

He is very replacable. Every ancestor has been perfectly replacable and thy were all more interesting that desmond.
    They showed they can do another modern day character interesting with Subject 4.

As for desmond being SPECIAL, Theres still "Eve" out there who i assume is also special. and making up someone new wouldn't be hard.

I feel Desmond has his run.

Quote Originally Posted by deskp View Post
    He is very replacable. Every ancestor has been perfectly replacable and thy were all more interesting that desmond.
    They showed they can do another modern day character interesting with Subject 4.

As for desmond being SPECIAL, Theres still "Eve" out there who i assume is also special. and making up someone new wouldn't be hard.

I feel Desmond has his run.
    You have a point; an Assassin whose ancestor was Eve would likely replace Desmond in the SPECIAL market. But then there's still the look/badass department. I don't know about you, but in ACIII, Desmond looked pretty badass. I doubt the next modern-day Assassin will be as badass as Desmond when it comes to the "look" (though this is simply an opinion that I share with a few peers). Hell, I doubt that the next modern-day character will even be an Assassin.

Quote Originally Posted by HeedfulMass4856 View Post

I liked Desmond as well. Ubisoft handled Desmond and Connor quite poorly honestly. It feels like Ubisoft didn't know what to do with the modern day and how to end it, so that is what we got as an ending in AC3. Desmond is replaceable, but it will be hard to have a different ancestor from another bloodline to be as important as Desmond's ancestors.

don't get the hate for desmond, loved the modern day stuff and not happy about the player being the character in the modern day in black flag

The hate should be geared towards Ubi...not Desmond. Had they spent more time on him alot more people would like him.

Quote Originally Posted by DisbandedBox359 View Post
    don't get the hate for desmond, loved the modern day stuff and not happy about the player being the character in the modern day in black flag
    I think the same, this is a bad idea to make us play the one in the Animus or whatever it will be. In the multiplayer, it was a good idea, but for the solo, c'mon guys...

Desmond was excellent in AC1, when he was really charismatic and sounds like an adult, just listen the dialogue with Vidic, they're freaking awesome. Then he changed and get a 14 years old face and a child personnality. Until AC3 when he becomes a badass but still, he is so under-exploited, Ubi really poorly handed him in the game. Hope they'll get it back for ACIV.

Quote Originally Posted by souNdwAve89 View Post
    Desmond is replaceable, but it will be hard to have a different ancestor from another bloodline to be as important as Desmond's ancestors.
    Not hard at all. If he wishes so, a writer can create a character 100 times more awesome than Desmond with 300 different bad@ss ancestors who put Desmond's to shame. It all depends on the writer's whim.

Sig credit: Jexx ma boi

I'm Glad he is Replaceable, better yet, let's not replace the Character that takes you out of the Moment. Like I said awhile ago, You're having so much fun, can't wait to see what's next, then all of asudden, you're pulled away from the game, to Collect Batterys, or go to bed, or ****ing move your Equipment to another location! It's like watching your Favorite show on T.V then a Commerical comes on and takes you away from the Entertainment.

**** Desmond, **** subject 16, and **** any Abstergo Agent! Either Give me the Option to ignore that nuisance, or just don't put it in the game!
    1st Lt. Jason Scott, 75th Rangers.

Rangers Lead the Way, All the Way!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast