Week 30 Bass Challenge: "Bohemian Rhapsody" by Queen
Weekly Bass Song Challenge Rules:
1) A song and particular arrangement will be posted before Tuesday every week.
2) There are four competitive categories. To foster a fair, fun, and competitive environment, players should self-select into the category that best describes their ability. This categorization should remain stable from week to week, unless a player determines that they have initially self-selected into the wrong division or that they are ready to move up into the next division.
Division I: Can level most songs to 100%, and can play most songs proficiently - 95+% accuracy.
Division II: Can level several songs to 100%, may have trouble accurately playing them at that level. General accuracy 85-95%.
Division III: May level some easier songs to 100%, but others will be partially leveled. Regularly scores 70-95k.
Division IV: New to bass and guitar. No songs really leveled to 100%
There will also be "honorable mentions" for score, note streak, videos, and master mode entries (these entries can be separate runs from the main competition entry).
3) Each participant is allowed to make a single entry in the division they have selected. All submissions for the main divisions should be in standard rehearsal or performance mode, even for songs that are mastered. Master Mode entries will not count towards the competition scoring.
4) All styles of playing the arrangement will be eligible for submission and included in the final results, but to be eligible to win a division the arrangement must played using a real bass guitar in the style suggested in the game (self-declared on the honor system)
5) Entries must be made by replying to the song thread with your score, accuracy, note streak, division and playing style (i.e. Bass or Guitar, plucking with fingers or pick) in the title (this way we won't have to sift through post content). For example: Div I - 124,033 | 389 NS | 98% | BF.
Legend: BF = Bass Fingered, BP = Bass Picked, GF = Guitar Fingered, GP = Guitar Picked
6) Please only submit one result (score + accuracy + note streak) per song. If you play the song later in the week and do better, go to your original post and edit with the replacement score and pic.
The winner will be determined as follows:
Division I & II: 'Mastered' entries (purple score bar) are scored ahead of 'Non-Mastered' (orange score bar) results. The 'Mastered' entry with the highest accuracy wins (entries are ranked by accuracy). Score then Note Streak will be used to break ties. The 'Non-Mastered' entries are ranked by score below the 'Mastered' entries.
Division III & IV: The entry with the highest score wins (all entries are ranked by score).
7) To be entered in the competition you must submit a picture of the song results replay screen (showing score, percentage, and note streak). A single entry is required for the competition (with percentage, note streak and score from the same run).
8) All entries must be in before Monday, so by 11:59 Sunday night (based on PST Time Zone or UTC-8 internationally)
9) A separate thread showing the winners of each division will be posted by the previous week's winner, and the selection of the following week's song will be the responsibility of one of those winners.
10) We will rotate the responsibility of selecting the next song and arrangement each week starting with Division IV, III, II, then I. Rinse and repeat.
11) In the event that the winner does not respond to a PM notification to start a new thread by Tuesday, the winner of the next category in the rotation will be notified to select an arrangement and start a thread.
12)The winner/song selector must PM Black_Widow9, Mr_Shade, rcole_sooner, T_O_A_D after creating the Challenge Result thread, with the winners.
Division 3 winner will select the next song. Spreadsheet for score tracking.