Thread: AC3 patch error: AC3MP.exe incorrect source file after HDD move. | Forums

Assassin?s Creed Unity ? Wear the Phantom Blade Replica

Assassin?s Creed Unity Cast of Characters Trailer [US]

Assassin?s Creed Unity Story Trailer [US]

Assassin?s Creed Unity Experience #2 Customization & Co-op [US]

AC3 patch error: AC3MP.exe incorrect source file after HDD move.

I am having an issue while installing a patch after installing the game. I recently moved the Ubisoft folder (including the AC3 and Ubisoft Game Launcher folders) from one of my hard drives in my desktop to another. After seeing that there were a lot of problems with simply cutting and pasting these folders, I decided to uninstall and reinstall Uplay and AC3 (keeping the saved game files). Now Uplay recognizes my game, and when I start it up, it begins the 1.01 patching process, until it starts to install. At this point, it says "Error while patching file AC3MP.exe. Incorrect source file". I've searched for this file and there's one in the AC3 folder on the new hard drive and one in the Installshield Installation Information folder in Program Files (x86) on the old hard drive where i suspect it is downloading the patch files to.

I have a good rig- i7 Sandy Bridge, Asus P8Z68-V mobo, AMD Radeon 7870 gpu, 8gb RAM, first drive is Seagate Momentus XT hybrid SSD/HDD, second is WD Caviar Black 1TB.

I'd love to be able to play all patched up, so let me know where I can fix this. I suspect it may involve moving more files around. Thanks!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Dude I feel your pain T_T I have the same prob. Can somebody help ?

Hi guys, I suggest opening a ticket with Technical Support, the link is in my signature.
    Ubisoft Community Manager

Technical Support
    Twitter Support
    Facebook Support

I'm having the same problem. Did you guys get it fixed or does anyone know how to fix it?

A year later and no resolution to this

Hey Ubisoft,
    The patch 1.03 still doesn't work correctly. What's the fix?