Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Just a little pee'd off! (RANTING) | Forums

I've never known a young girl not to muss her hair at the first opportunity. At the very least she could have the classic stray strand of hair.

---
    Consider this a disclaimer, unless otherwise stated.
    ---
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Thanks for all the calming words guys. As the majority has said, those pictures of Yeesha are just promotional pictures.

I apologise if I have upset anyone, I didn't mean to and I just posted out of a burst of anger. I didn't know that they were promotional pictures and not part of the end game.

I actually have downloaded the trailers a while ago and I still wasn't convinced. The blue/green screen work really looks out of place. Like you can see that the actors have been put in a computer generated set.

I also saw the MacWorld video of M4 and I'm not too sure about the gameplay. If I've only seen a small part of it, it's sort of like 7th Guest and 11th Hour - solve a puzzle, watch a movie, pick up an object, watch a movie. Someone correct me!!

I will definately try to download the screensaver to see a glimpse of the ALIVE system.

Mostly everyone says that the graphics in M4 are better than Exile and Riven. I dunno...I don't see that yet. With Tomaha, it looks pretty amazing. But the other age, the one with the monkey and that other animal, and then the place with the huge stone doorway thing, they don't look very real.

Remember what Robyn said, other graphics look plasticy or new. Well this is what I see so far. He also said they (Cyan) try to make thing used and weathered.

Again, I'm just ranting along here. But I will definately check out the final product demo and make a final judgement. I hope it is what JFT said, and that it will actually turn out to be something really amazing.

Someone mentioned that M4 is being made by on-house UBI staff who are actually Myst fans. I didn't know that. Well that puts a little more confidence in the M4 project.

I'm crossing my fingers.

:L:

P.S. - I post in multi-forums to get different peoples opinions. I posted in 1 forum and got 20 responses and then in the other I only got 1. I hope no one minds.

P.S.S. - Yes, I'm cutting and pasting again.

Well all's well that ends well. I think this thread started a few people's emotions than nuyorks!

But as long as we all agree to check out the demo I guess these shots are irrelevant.

One point was made in my household - (even though I can't see anything wrong with the greenscreen) - that when the videos are moving you'll never notice a problem.

In regards to the puzzle, the lady said it was a demo puzzle. I doubt it will be that straightforward in the real game, but we have no way of knowing.

Also, yes, Revelation is being developed in-house at UbiSoft Montreal studios so I believe its in good hands. They've done Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time and Beyond Good and Evil to name a few and they were good games! But nothing compared to Revelation!

Perhaps The Ending Has Not Yet Been Written...

While I'll say that Yeesha looks a tiny bit out of place on some of those backdrops, you can't say that the game looks "terrible" or "totally rubbish". What we've seen so far is high quality work, for all we know, it'll look a hundred times better in motion than it will on the screencaps or promo shots.

Give it a chance

now that everyone's calmed down a bit..... who wants pineapple upside-down cake? it's fresh and turned out perfect!!

----------------------------
    Lei'arra in URU

To dance is to breathe...to breathe is to live....to live is to dance....
    Lei'arra in URU

To dance is to breathe...to breathe is to live....to live is to dance...

haha, yes please!!
    yeah, i think we got a bit worked up

bleh, can't have the carbs. I'll stick with sashimi if you please.

---
    ---

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Yeesha seems to me to be a fairly sober and obedient child. although it would be nice to see her more mussed. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> She, apparently, does grow out of that - note the tattooing on her face in Uru.

Probably has it done before she becomes the "great and mighty Pooh" lord of time ... restorer of life ... grower of ... ZZZzzzzzzz ...

hey Maz, what's sashimi?

Lei'arra in URU

To dance is to breathe...to breathe is to live....to live is to dance....
    Lei'arra in URU

To dance is to breathe...to breathe is to live....to live is to dance...

I'm not maz, but I like it too, so I thought I'd answer you're question. It's sushi grade fish, sliced fairly thin, served raw and arranged artfully on a platter, bamboo tray or other serving implement.

There are many varities of fish that are served, but my favorites are tuna and salmon.

Paula (Pa'lua in Cavern)
    "I'm confused.......no wait, maybe I'm not"
    Paula (Pa'lua in Cavern)
    "I'm confused.......no wait, maybe I'm not"

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast