Thread: Rainbow Six 3 for the xbox vs he pc | Forums

I dont know about you all but i kind of miss the whole map feature before missions where you can plan your route and send the other team members where you want themn to go.
    even ghost recon for the xbox has a map mode where you could issue orders and what.

I do like the new "point and move" feature its very nice in that you dont have to interupt gameplay to issue orders now. but i still think a map mode would have been nice. and more options such as move in steath /recon mode/ etc. I dont know if the PC version has more options but i feel they could have impliminted it well with the xbox. Its just kind of hard when you only have 3 other team members and cant "split the team up" or issue goto/way point commands such as what you could do with the older rainbow six games.

for me thats my biggest thing about the xbox version. and in some areas the graphics could have been a tad better. but other than that its pretty cool.

I dont know about you all but i kind of miss the whole map feature before missions where you can plan your route and send the other team members where you want themn to go.
    even ghost recon for the xbox has a map mode where you could issue orders and what.

I do like the new "point and move" feature its very nice in that you dont have to interupt gameplay to issue orders now. but i still think a map mode would have been nice. and more options such as move in steath /recon mode/ etc. I dont know if the PC version has more options but i feel they could have impliminted it well with the xbox. Its just kind of hard when you only have 3 other team members and cant "split the team up" or issue goto/way point commands such as what you could do with the older rainbow six games.

for me thats my biggest thing about the xbox version. and in some areas the graphics could have been a tad better. but other than that its pretty cool.

The voice command system was pretty sweet though.

apart from the voice command system the xbox version sucked badly compared to the PC version and even rogue spear

You had less players than PC, the game was dumbed down blah blah the list goes on

He With Flair Wins
    www.the22nd.com

I think we all better get used to the Idea of Tom Clancy on console....Less programing time, no hardware issues to deal with. All means more profit. I have played both. Pc and Xbox. I have to say online I like xbox better. I too miss the map feature and all maps not same. But xbox only has 64 megs of ram. When xbox 2 comes out next years I expect we will see this expanded. I am affraid pc gaming is dying due to cost.

You can use Roger Wilco or MS Game Voice to issue voice commands to your team on a PC. I use MS GameVoice in R6 and all my flight sims. It's great. Totaly hands free communication with team mates both AI and human.

you cough hard enough on the voice commmand and the order is issued so not really voice is it. It is a dumb down version of the pc on xbox because thats all they could do on the ps2, but their was less code but the game was not cheaper for the lesser amount of work. As far as interupting game play to issue orders thats no really true you find yourself waiting for hostile you could be giving orders then and you still give orders to you three guys. I finished the xbox version and it did seem like much a game the most difficult part was the game pad. I think that it has become aparent less code for more bucks. When all is said and done and people dont want the xbox anymore lets hope redstorm is still standing and can offer the kind of game they has made them such a succes. The xbox versions of the games are not really a success. People are griping about them way to much because of being dumb down. And no moding.