be sure that i'll use animus shield :P
Visit my youtube channel: http://youtube.com/IamEDR1EN
no offense, but would you two mind getting a room, and meanwhile keep this thread free for the real problem?
t's a Punkbuster issue rather than AC3.
2 fixes, the first one may work. The second should if the first fails.
(First solution makes sure Punkbuster is running as administrator, this fixes a lot of problems on Windows. Second manually updates Punkbuster as sometimes the initial download and install doesn't complete correctly, or Punkbuster doesn't auto-update correctly, but it doesn't give a failure message)
1. Open the following location C:\Windows\SysWOW64
2. Scroll down to PnkBstrA.exe and PnkBstrB.exe (These are past the folders and in the list of files and applications)
3. Right click on each of these and select 'Properties', then the 'Compatibility' tab
4. Click 'Change settings for all users' (Windows may ask permission for admin privilages to do this, click ok'
5. Click the box for 'Run this programme as an administrator'
6. Click 'ok' and restart your computer for the changes to take effect.
If this doesn't work, manually update Punkbuster as follows. This will give you a 'clean' install and should fix any persistent problem
1. Download Punkbuster.Exe from here http://websec.evenbalance.com/downlo...oad.php?file=1
2. Run Setup and then click 'Add Game'
3. It will auto-detect where it thinks AC3 is stored, if this doesn't work (if You've installed via Steam or similar) Then manually add the file location. On Steam AC3 is stored here C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common
4. Click 'Add game' once you've selected the file location, and then click 'Check for Updates'
5. Wait for the update to complete (Shouldn't take too long)
That should then be your Punkbuster up to date and running ok and you should have no further trouble.
I saw this and can say it worked for me. either that or the servers have sorted themselves out. For the people looking for a fix.... not just talking smack on the thread.
However, the other method which everyone in the world is using in all games is to intall pbsvc service and it updates automatically which was not the case in AC3, i had to manually update it and then it doesnt work well.
Last edited by YAZ_H; 02-12-2013 at 11:59 PM.
I have the same problem after installing this crap called patch for PC.
Not only that, but now Windows Problem Reporting asking to use Uplay to connect to the internet, otherwise the game won't play.
What the bloody hell is this all about?